NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Miitomo

This should get the interest flowing again, at least in Japan.

CghkyX1VAAAWDb-.jpg

CghnnsiWEAENodl.jpg

Cghnn1wXIAA4-9e.jpg

CghnoADW8AAWJVd.jpg

Nice. :)

How about a Judd outfit too, Nintendo? ;):hehe:

The latest update took AGES to load in the app (iOS). Anyone else find this?

Anyway...none of my friends are using this which is disappointing. I thought my folks might use it at least as they are on social media and loved their Miis on their Wii's. Have tried to get them on it but they aren't interested.

I can't help but think that Miitomo is another example of Nintendo's bizarre, obtuse naming policies effecting their image (Like with WiiU). They should have called it MiiSpace/Miitup.

Miitomo has gone quiet for me too - I still enjoy checking in on it, but it's pretty clear the launch momentum will be dead soon without some hefty updates, or changes to the way it works.

I believe the name is built around Mii as in 'my' and the 'tomo' component, which Google assures me means friend, or friendship in Japanese. Quite like the name, it's odd but it has a suitable meaning behind it and it definitely stands out with that oddness.

I think the biggest issue with the name Wii U was the confusion with the original Wii and most people seeing just the gamepad in the marketing, leading them to believe it was an add-on to a system they'd bought and had collecting dust for years by their living room TV.

I like miitomo but my timeline is broken, some days I'll see posts from today or yesterday and other times it will show me answers to 'what's your favourite bread' from a month ago.

so there is no bonus once you've reached daily reward 28, so that fun! what the point in playing now? i'm drowning in sweets that have no use (let us trade them in for money or something), have enough points from the missions to buy evrything available, but nothing really i want and the only game to play is drop and that becomes old when you are hunting one item and are 90% likely to get more useless sweets

there no incentive to keep playing at all now

so there is no bonus once you've reached daily reward 28, so that fun! what the point in playing now?

The daily bonuses will reset in May.

An update is on the way which will make it possible to use miitomo without social media accounts.

- Send friend requests using e-mail and other methods, allowing you to connect with friends who do not use social media services.

- Answer the same questions as others when viewing "All Answers".

- Edit a Miifoto from the comments section.

- Improved start-up and recovery speeds.

Please wait just a little longer for this update!

I wonder how much of an impact the speed improvements will have.

Also, is the battery usage any better than at launch?

I fired this up again this morning. It's been a while since I played on it. I figured I would spend a few coins on My Nintendo while I was at it and snapped up the Blue Inkling canister to go along with my Inkling gear, which I just won. Took me ages to get a mii to drop onto the platform with the t-shirt.

I'm not sure if everyone had this but I go the option to leave feedback. I'm assuming its because I haven't played it in a while. The app asked me if there was anything that could improve the experience and then forwarded me to the feedback section.

Heard on the Easy Allies Podcast that Miitomo dropped off hard.

There's simply not enough to do on it. I mean, I logged in yesterday for the first time in a while and the questions I was asked were the same ones I was being asked before I stopped using the app.

I guess it's like a lot of apps in that they are the hot thing for a week or so but most of them don't having any kind of staying power.

I got bored after a day. Just didn't see the point. It didn't give me anything other social media platforms hadn't already covered.

does it not let users ask their own questions? surely that should stop the repetitive issue...or does the game produce the questions?

The game provides the questions. Some are quite fun, but also repetitive questions which they ask every week such as: what did you do this weekend?

The game provides the questions. Some are quite fun, but also repetitive questions which they ask every week such as: what did you do this weekend?

OK, that one make sense as we do have weekends every week :D.

Zelda E3 Collab

Retweet

CkbWMt1VEAEEESR.jpg

Retweet period

From now until 14:59 UTC on 13th June 2016

Targets and gifts

•Gift for more than 10,000 Retweets: Link's New Hairdo Wig!

•Gifts for more than 20,000 Retweets: Link's New Hairdo Wig and Link Wig (green)!

(You must launch the Miitomo app and receive the gift(s) from your gift box between 14th June 2016 21:00 UTC and 14th July 2016 04:00.)

2) The Legend of Zelda Theme stages available in Miitomo Drop!

From 22:00 UTC on 14th June until 14:59 UTC on 14th July 2016, The Legend of Zelda Theme stages will be available in Miitomo Drop.

Items from the new instalment of The Legend of Zelda series will be available there!

3) The Legend of Zelda item available in Miitomo shop!

From 22:00 UTC on 14th June until 14:59 UTC on 14th July 2016, this item will be available in the shop.

Note:

- You will need Miitomo coins to purchase items in the Miitomo shop and play stages in Miitomo Drop. Miitomo coins can be collected by using Miitomo.

- Miitomo coins can also be purchased.

4) Item reward from the new instalment of The Legend of Zelda series available in My Nintendo!

From 22:00 UTC on 14th June until 06:59 UTC on 14th July, My Nintendo points can be redeemed for the item featured in the new instalment of The Legend of Zelda series.

New Zelda gear in Miitomo coming soon.

...Whoops too late.

Edited by King_V

There are some great Metroid items on the app now. I've managed to nab a little pet Ridley and a full Varia suit for my avatar. There's a few different colour schemes for the suit. I may have to try for the Fusion one as well...

There's also a few items to be bought on the My Nintendo site, with a Metroid hat being given away for free,

Edited by Hero-of-Time

There are some great Metroid items on the app now. I've managed to nab a little pet Ridley and a full Varia suit for my avatar. There's a few different colour schemes for the suit. I may have to try for the Fusion one as well...

There's also a few items to be bought on the My Nintendo site, with a Metroid hat being given away for free,

Yeah, I spent all of my Miitomo Drop tickets today trying to get that damn helmet! :heh:

Ended up with pretty much every colour Varia suit and Ridley in the process, but just couldn't land on the right spot for the helmet. :shakehead

Would be good if it was possible to trade duplicate Miitomo Drop items for another ticket really. :hmm: