NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Miitomo

I don't know who CreasePegg is, but I feel I want to.

Crease. Pegg. Creasey Pegg. A creased peg. Simon Pegg? Tom Crease. Mission Impossible 4.

MI4. MII.

This. Means. Something.

So.. just wondering, are there android emulators that work well enough on a windows PC to get miitomo working? I assume most out there aren't legit/full of malware? Just looking for ways to boost myNintendo points a bit...

So.. just wondering, are there android emulators that work well enough on a windows PC to get miitomo working? I assume most out there aren't legit/full of malware? Just looking for ways to boost myNintendo points a bit...

There's an official emulator usually used by developers that should work.

Doesn't bluestacks work well enough for a Pc android emulator? i use it for hacked .apk's of Family Guy the Quest for stuff

Apparently about 4m users and about 40000 dollars income a day.

Got a source?

There is a thread on Gaf about how much this has dropped in the iOS charts and how interest is wearing thin among people on there. I know i'm certainly in that camp. The questions in the app have started to repeat and the ones that do differ seem to be about the same subjects. There's simply not enough going on to keep me interested, much like the game this app is based on, Tomodachi Life.

Many in the thread pointed out that if it wasn't a Nintendo app or they didn't get points from it then they wouldn't have bothered with it. I'm certainly in this boat.

It's an interesting question though, just how many of us on here would have downloaded the app if it didn't offer points of was just a random app made by a random team? I feel very few of us would have.

It's an interesting question though, just how many of us on here would have downloaded the app if it didn't offer points of was just a random app made by a random team? I feel very few of us would have.

I certainly wouldn't have. I knew from the start I would lose interest quickly, there's not really enough to do to keep me coming back.

Getting answers to people's questions is pretty fun, but you need candy to read them and the mini games are terrible.

Apparently about 4m users and about 40000 dollars income a day.

Still no Kimoji. That made a million a minute. Been waiting to say that.

Edited by Ashley

Still no Kimoji. That made a million a minute. Been waiting to say that.

Dammit I was thinking about using that line, can't believe you beat me to it :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Nintendo need to copy the hell out of that app.

There is a thread on Gaf about how much this has dropped in the iOS charts and how interest is wearing thin among people on there. I know i'm certainly in that camp. The questions in the app have started to repeat and the ones that do differ seem to be about the same subjects. There's simply not enough going on to keep me interested, much like the game this app is based on, Tomodachi Life.
Yeah, the novelty has clearly worn off. :sad:

I'm really surprised that Nintendo didn't include some of the other elements from Tomodachi Life, like the ability to customise rooms, the dream sequences, the little RPG mini-game and most importantly of all, the concert hall feature. :hmm:

That in particular could've done wonders for keeping people interested in Miitomo for longer, as it was such a fun mode on the 3DS game: :grin:

Combined with the fact that there's basically no censorship on Miitomo, it would've been even more entertaining. :hehe:

Yeah; I think the sweet mechanic to get answers is utterly bollocks; the questions are pretty inane and don't generate any conversation - we need to be able to ask our own questions; we need tomadacthi life random moments like rap battles and proposals on the beach to give us an excuse to share them on social media etc

I still like it actually, an easy 10-15 minutes a day, some of it is quite fun and the photos are great, but it seriously needs an overhaul.

The novelty has worn off for me, i'm answering the same questions, the items in the minigames are not varied enough and too hard to get at in a cost to easyness ratio and on that subject acquiring coins etc is ridiculously disproportionate to the cost of items in the store.

Might open it for the daily bonuses and occasionally do a miifoto if i've a funny one in mind, but if it wasn't nintendo i'd have deleted it

Interesting to see that it doesn't have the staying power with us as well. Glad to see it wasn't just me feeling this way.

I'm also losing interest, but the platinum coins still draw me in to complete my daily challenges. Frankly I think we are not the target audience for the app, particularly as it's very Japanese culture centric, rather than Nintendo centric. Certainly we're not the ones who are spending money on it. I think the target audience is people in their teens who are looking for something a little different, a new kind of social network. This will be the real test of its longevity, whether it can prove popular with this audience, though I somehow doubt it will happen in the West.

Personally, I much preferred Tomodachi Life, me and my girlfriend spent months playing that, creating our friends and celebrities. Together we've sunk over 150 hours into it. But she's already given up on Miitomo (not surprising seeing as how I'm her only friend on there) and like I said my interest is already waning. It will be interesting to see what updates they bring to the table.

Just one thing, it is quite obvious that most people downloaded it because it's Nintendo, but that was the point as people want to see what it brings. It's the reason most of people will download the games when they release it, while they don't download games from other publishers....

If folk keep using it and dropping gems like @dazzybee dad being at his Titanic date; rather than asking crap like what's your favourite bread - I'll keep enjoying it for the lols. More fun questions Ninty...

And as @RedShell noted, throw in some tomodachi content. Customise my room/play Nintendo tunes on a stereo etc. Sign me the hell up.

If they won't drop their OST's on iTunes/Spotify etc. put them here at least.

I don't know who CreasePegg is, but I feel I want to.

Crease. Pegg. Creasey Pegg. A creased peg. Simon Pegg? Tom Crease. Mission Impossible 4.

MI4. MII.

This. Means. Something.

It's a random old friend of mine. Seems to have been going through all the mutual friends list and adding them haha

I'll only use it purely as a Miifoto app from now on... and I'm already bored of that.

I'll only use it purely as a Miifoto app from now on... and I'm already bored of that.

I'm just signing in to nab some coins. I change my outfit, look at 10 friends answers, type a random letter into the 3 questions I gotta answer and then i'm outta there.