NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Miitomo

Sooner than expected.

3rd February 2016 – Nintendo’s first app made exclusively for smart devices, Miitomo, will launch* in the UK and Ireland in March for both iOS and Android phones and tablets. Today, Nintendo outlined the steps that fans can take to be among the first to get in on the social fun.

Starting 17th February 2016, people in the UK and Ireland will be able to preregister for Miitomo by creating a Nintendo Account using their Nintendo Network ID, social network accounts or email address. People who preregister for Miitomo will be among the first to be notified about the availability of Miitomo when it launches in March.

Miitomo is a social experience that uses Nintendo’s Mii characters to engage friends in a lighthearted, playful and welcoming social setting. Mii characters first debuted on the Wii console and to date, more than 200 million Mii characters have been created around the world. Using Mii characters users will be able to interact with their friends in an entirely new way to spark fun and interesting conversations by answering questions such as, “What song has been stuck in your head lately?”, “Do you believe in aliens?”, or even, “If you saw a nose hair sticking out of your friend’s nose, what would you do?” By answering questions in Miitomo, users will be able to discover surprising information and secrets about their friends, as well as share their experiences with others easily by taking and sharing photos featuring their Mii using the Miifoto feature.

Nintendo’s new My Nintendo** rewards program will launch alongside Miitomo in March 2016, and will be able to connect with Miitomo. A special Miitomo bonus will be offered to anyone in the UK and Ireland that creates a Nintendo Account between 17th February and the launch of Miitomo in March. My Nintendo aims to become much more than a traditional rewards program. It is a more comprehensive service that rewards users for interacting with Nintendo products and services in a variety of ways. Miitomo users with a Nintendo Account will be able to take advantage of My Nintendo to enhance their experience.

Including Miitomo, Nintendo plans to release approximately five smart device applications by the end of March 2017.

More information about Miitomo, Nintendo Account and My Nintendo will be available on https://miitomo.com/ in the coming weeks.

*Miitomo will launch in the following countries in March: the UK, Ireland, France, Belgium, Germany, Austria, Luxembourg, Spain, Italy, the Netherlands, Russia, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, U.S., Canada. Preregistration is only available in these countries.

Miitomo at launch will support the following languages: English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, Russian and Japanese.

**My Nintendo will be available from March in the following countries: the UK, Ireland, France, Belgium, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Poland, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, the Czech Republic, Luxembourg, Spain, Portugal, Italy, the Netherlands, Denmark, Norway, Finland, Malta, Greece, Sweden, Estonia, Hungary, Slovenia, Slovakia, Romania, Lithuania, Latvia, Russia, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, U.S., Canada, Mexico, Brazil.

EDIT 1: Whoops spelt it wrong! It should be Miitomo. Sounds like Miyamotos Mii! :D Can a mod edit the title please?

EDIT 2: Cheers, Cube.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

Well they did say March before, so that's what I expected :p

Anyway, good to see that they're doing pre-registration. Should mean that there shouldn't be any problems in dealing with network traffic problems when it launches :)

I think you're already missing out by having a Windows Phone.

All sounds really good, looking forward to March - should be a strong month for Nintendo with this and Twilight Princess HD coming out.

If I can download Miitomo for use on a reasonable tablet device then I'll give it a try, not buying a smartphone for it though.

Am I going to miss out by having a Windows Phone..? :sad:

No-one actually cares about Windows Phone.

It's 100% truth and fact. And you know how I know that?

Because I have one too, lovely phone, but it's always ignored when it comes to apps. I mean, I don't care that much about almost anything that gets released on phones, but it would have been nice to see what this would be like. Sounds like an online version of Tomodachi Life.

Because I have one too, lovely phone, but it's always ignored when it comes to apps. I mean, I don't care that much about almost anything that gets released on phones, but it would have been nice to see what this would be like. Sounds like an online version of Tomodachi Life.

I'm not particularly bothered by apps and such either but I would have perhaps been interested in some of the content Nintendo plan to provide in the future, depending on what it is, of course :heh:

Great. First you nick my games to play, now you're gonna be nicking my phone :p

Great. First you nick my games to play, now you're gonna be nicking my phone :p

@Glen\-i takes on the role of Phantom G in...

Game Thief & the Reviewer's Technology

Rated "TT" for Temporary Thievery

:p

@Glen\-i takes on the role of Phantom G in...

Game Thief & the Reviewer's Technology

Rated "TT" for Temporary Thievery

:p

rhythm_thief_gif_by_linktheshadow-d56xa5j.gif

Listen up, faithful dog friend Cheddar. I'm gonna take this coin, enlarge it to disc-size, and swap it with his copy of Pokken.

And the sap won't notice until I'm long gone.

Why would you by a windows phone... serious question... Not an attack or dig; though they were supposed to be awful? Though I could be ignorantly wrong about that

Why would you by a windows phone... serious question... Not an attack or dig; though they were supposed to be awful? Though I could be ignorantly wrong about that

I got a Lumia 530 for £39.99 a year or 2 ago and it has served me absolutely fine for what I've needed it for and is by far the best phone I've ever owned (which probably shows just how much apps and extra features don't really bother me too much :heh:)

If the Nintendo offerings are worthwhile, I can always pick up an Android phone at some point but there's certainly no need for that right now. I find it almost crazy that people pay £20-£40 per month for their contracts. Silly money!

Hopefully Apple/Google will push Nintendo's games, and feature them pretty heavily.

Am I going to miss out by having a Windows Phone..? :sad:

A Windows Phone? What's one of those? ;)

In all seriousness, Windows Phone is actually pretty neat. Microsoft just can't get traction in the market.

Just a quick reminder about this...

Starting 17th February 2016, people in the UK and Ireland will be able to preregister for Miitomo by creating a Nintendo Account using their Nintendo Network ID, social network accounts or email address. People who preregister for Miitomo will be among the first to be notified about the availability of Miitomo when it launches in March.

If all has gone to plan then we should be able to preregister this week.

Just a quick reminder about this...

If all has gone to plan then we should be able to preregister this week.

Excellent news. Almost more excited about signing up to Nintendo Account than Miitomo.

So, does anyone know, will I be able to sign up by using again a different country, like I did with the e-shop?

Excellent news. Almost more excited about signing up to Nintendo Account than Miitomo.

Exactly what I was going to post

Done! Interesting to see that the platinum points are valid for six months, that feels rather short. So either you need to spend a lot of time playing to get enough points before they expire, or you don't need too many to get some nice rewards.

Great, not available in my country, couldn't go around like with the e-shop....

More screens too on the site. Still don't see how western adults would be into this. Children andeans of the niche ideas yes, but not a mass market product to get Nintendo Account registrations up to 100m. But then what do I know.

I think it would be awesome if we got a Wii U update which linked to this with clothes (obviously, just the menu). I'd imagine the NX Mii features will show the clothes in the games.

More screens too on the site. Still don't see how western adults would be into this. Children andeans of the niche ideas yes, but not a mass market product to get Nintendo Account registrations up to 100m. But then what do I know.

I've felt this way since it was announced. It's not going to be a big thing. And you have to be 13 to sign up, so it isn't even for the kids.

The social aspect - you answering questions and learning about others on it without the awkwardness of asking, is something that could be a useful tool on a dating website, but this isn't what it's for.

It sounds like it's basically an expansion of the "Everybody Votes" Channel on the Wii, plus Mii dressing-up. Did anyone really go on that past a few goes?

Call me cynical, but it seems like it's basically for people who like Miis and dressing them up and will spend money on micro-transactions to get the costumes that they want.

Yeah.. it'll be interesting to see how it turns out, time will tell, but from what I can see it's not super interesting. Nevertheless.. time will tell.