NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Retro_Link

Knights and Bikes (PS4/PC)

Foam Sword, a new development studio comprised of developers behind the likes of LittleBigPlanet, Ratchet & Clank, Tearaway and more, has announced it's first project.

Their KickStarter page is awesome and full of info...

Edited by Retro_Link

Does anyone know if there's a way of getting the Digital Fan Pack with the console game rather than the PC one?

Oh wait I should have scrolled down to the further explanations. Guess I'll back that then!

Just finished on £126,447 which means it gets online co-op :)

Big ol' bump for this but the game has finally gone gold and will officially release on PS4 and PC on August 27th according the devs on Twitter. Been waiting for this for ages as I took an instant liking to the style of it so very much looking forward to trying it out.

Really glad that it's being received well. Reading all the impressions from backers of their Kickstarter over the weekend has me excited for sitting down with it once I pick it up. Hopefully be doing that later this week as I'll be spending some of this afternoon opening up my PS4 to give it a clean and hopefully prolong it's life that little bit more so wish me luck with that.

The devs have said that additional platformsis potentially on the cards but they've been clear to say that those ports will be heavily dependent on how the game performs on PC and PS4 so hopefully the game does well for them as I could imagine it being something Switch owners would love to play local co-op on (there's both online and offline co-op in the game).

9 minutes ago, Ganepark32 said:

Hopefully be doing that later this week as I'll be spending some of this afternoon opening up my PS4 to give it a clean and hopefully prolong it's life that little bit more so wish me luck with that.

Given mine has started to sound like a jet engine on certain games, i've also been tempted to open it up and give it a clean. I'm usually rubbish with such things though and i'll probably just end up busting the whole unit. :laughing: 

1 minute ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Given mine has started to sound like a jet engine on certain games, i've also been tempted to open it up and give it a clean. I'm usually rubbish with such things though and i'll probably just end up busting the whole unit. :laughing: 

It's not too bad, there are a few screws on the back you'll have to remove (some are covered with security stickers) then you just pry off the top carefully from what I remember.

Check a guide for specific details though (I did to be sure) and the casing goes back on in a certain way as there's something on the inside which just needs to be angled correctly.

When I opened mine up recently within the year, there wasn't actually that much dust in there, I thought there would be seeing as I'd had the machine since launch.

Anyway, as for this game... it looks interesting, I don't think I'll be rushing to buy it but I might play it one day, it looks like it has a certain charm to it.

Just now, S.C.G said:

It's not too bad, there are a few screws on the back you'll have to remove (some are covered with security stickers) then you just pry off the top carefully from what I remember.

Check a guide for specific details though (I did to be sure) and the casing goes back on in a certain way as there's something on the inside which just needs to be angled correctly.

I've watched a fair few videos on it and i'm still not sure I can do it without breaking something. :D 

To be honest I would be very surprised if there's a lot of dust inside of it. I always keep the area around my consoles clean and the unit my consoles are on is very open as to let the air flow properly. Given the age of the console it could just be a thermal paste issue and i'm definitely not faffing on with that. :p Never mind, the PS5 will probably be out within the next year and i'm sure I can put up with the sound until then. As I mentioned, it's not every game that fires up the fans, so it's not that bad.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I've watched a fair few videos on it and i'm still not sure I can do it without breaking something. :D 

To be honest I would be very surprised if there's a lot of dust inside of it. I always keep the area around my consoles clean and the unit my consoles are on is very open as to let the air flow properly. Given the age of the console it could just be a thermal paste issue and i'm definitely not faffing on with that. :p Never mind, the PS5 will probably be out within the next year and i'm sure I can put up with the sound until then. As I mentioned, it's not every game that fires up the fans, so it's not that bad.

I just hope my PS4 will last me through Monster Hunter World Iceborne. :p

On-topic contribution - Bikes are cool, I wonder how they handle in the game?

Also, I've just noticed that this is a missed opportunity for an Easy Allies Bet... How many times will the word "Bike" be mentioned in the most recent review of the game? :p

• Haha 1

Finally got round to downloading this earlier (family were down last weekend and I've been at the coal face all week) and played a little bit and it is charming. Wish my housemate hadn't moved away though, I feel like part of the charm would be the multiplayer aspect. 

• Thanks 1

Sign in to follow this