NEurope
The Mole

Mario Kart League 2016

Ok to join now? Or too late...

OK, so the banana only idea didn't work out as planned, sorry about that. :hmm: It was worth a try though. ::shrug: At least it made the final GP on Frantic even more insane!! :bouncy:

Oh, and apologies to @The Mole for that bomb on DS Wario Stadium. :laughing:

Just couldn't help myself. :laughing:

Pretty good night for me!

I was kinda enjoying all the 'nana blockades!

There was one moment, second lap on Shy Guy Falls, right at the first set of items, there were around 8 of the yellow things all in a row!

That got me a bit panicky. What the hell happened on that first lap!?

OK, so the banana only idea didn't work out as planned, sorry about that. :hmm: It was worth a try though. ::shrug: At least it made the final GP on Frantic even more insane!! :bouncy:

Oh, and apologies to @The Mole for that bomb on DS Wario Stadium. :laughing:

Just couldn't help myself. :laughing:

We gave it a try, good idea in theory. There was no need for that bomb, I came 11th in that game. 11th. Because of you....... :weep:

Well that was different. So many bananas littered the course.

I have a few moments for the highlight video from me.

DK jungle, I think it was lap 2 or 3mi was coming out of the temple part where you fly down and I'm sure someone must have hit me with a perfect time banana throw.

The blue shell of mega doom from Wario Stsdium has to be in there. I took out nearly the whole field.

And on Ice Ice Outpost I got hit by a star then a star then a bullet bill all in the space of three seconds.

All in all a fun night though.

We gave it a try, good idea in theory. There was no need for that bomb, I came 11th in that game. 11th. Because of you....... :weep:

May I ask what the theory was?

Was it an attempt to keep whoever was in first in check?

Great night! Thoroughly enjoyed evading all the bananas, but I suppose it was difficult to catch up when stuck at the back. A fun experiment!

May I ask what the theory was?

Was it an attempt to keep whoever was in first in check?

Basically, each lap should have got more and more hazardous and that 1st place should have to deal with a lot of bananas.

In practice, yes first has to deal with a lot but not as much and in comparison to the bombs, the middle of the pack gets crowded while there is no way to hit 1st. By the 3rd lap first place became a time trial

Next theme (courtesy of @Glen\-i & @Dcubed):

So yeah, be sure to blame those guys if you don't like it. :grin:

TWQjgZt.jpg

Basically, the idea here is that we (as in those of us that normally play using traditional controls) are going to use motion controls, while Glen-i (who always uses motion controls, in case you weren't aware :heh:) is going to use traditional.

I suggested a similar theme way back in the early days of the league, but it didn't go down so well with some of the people that used traditional controls. :hehe: So with that in mind, it is not compulsory to use them in this theme. However I will be, and I hope everyone else will too for a laugh. This is just a one-off, so you might as well. :)

: peace:

The IN! list:

1. The Mole
  2. Kounan
  3. punio75
  4. Brian58
  5. BowserBasher
  6. Bullet Will
  7. RedShell
  8. Wii
  9. Glen-i
  10. Dcubed
  11. Nicktendo

Who else is IN?

*EDIT*

BTW, remember to set the copy of that Mii to be a favourite in the Mii Maker, otherwise it might not show up in MK8.

Edited by RedShell

He-heh brilliant idea! I'm in, but can we not change the bike for a kart? :D :D
Nope, you must use the bike.

It's a type that pretty much handles like a kart anyway. :)

I'll declare in!

Edit: Just looked, it's a very boring Mii, any reason?

It looks like I'll be a little too late to join in with the action next week but put my name down as a reserve anyway :smile:

From there on, though, I think I may as well be part of the 'ALWAYS IN' group as I'm pretty much always available to play :heh:

I'll declare in!

Edit: Just looked, it's a very boring Mii, any reason?

You've not been paying much attention if you can't see the connection between the theme and the Mii.

Do you just drown out my pop-up messages I do in between each race?

That particular bit was @Dcubed's idea though. I'm not that vain.

There, that should throw them off the scent that I was totally on board with the idea without even a bit of convincing needed!

EDIT: Oh, and fair warning. The motion controls may not be mandatory, but if you don't go along with it, everyone will know.

And I am not above naming and shaming those who chicken out with big massive, garish bold font so that it's impossible to miss.

I want to see wheel icons next to everyone's names except mine!

Oh yes, and you can choose the Gamepad's gyro controls or the Wii remote sideways, it's up to you. The wheel icon will still appear if you use it from the start.

But if you choose to use the Gamepad's Gyro controls, remember to start a single player race and switch to gyro mode with the pause menu/gamepad touch screen before joining a room, just to be safe..

Edited by Glen-i

And the latest MK vid is up!

Once again, @RedShell did a fantastic job and he got it done in record time to boot! : peace:

[

Not Used Motion Controls Before,so not liking this theme, bad enough trying not to be last anyway, so unless you change it I'm going to have to pass this week, sorry

QUOTE=RedShell;1806288]Next theme (courtesy of [MENTION=19435]Glen-

i[/MENTION] & @Dcubed):

So yeah, be sure to blame those guys if you don't like it. :grin:

TWQjgZt.jpg

Basically, the idea here is that we (as in those of us that normally play using traditional controls) are going to use motion controls, while Glen-i (who always uses motion controls, in case you weren't aware :heh:) is going to use traditional.

I suggested a similar theme way back in the early days of the league, but it didn't go down so well with some of the people that used traditional controls. :hehe: So with that in mind, it is not compulsory to use them in this theme. However I will be, and I hope everyone else will too for a laugh. This is just a one-off, so you might as well. :)

: peace:

The IN! list:

1. The Mole
  2. Kounan
  3. punio75
  4. Brian58
  5. BowserBasher
  6. Bullet Will
  7. RedShell
  8. Wii
  9. Glen-i
  10. Dcubed
  11. Nicktendo

Who else is IN?

*EDIT*

BTW, remember to set the copy of that Mii to be a favourite in the Mii Maker, otherwise it might not show up in MK8.

And the latest MK vid is up!

Once again, @RedShell did a fantastic job and he got it done in record time to boot! : peace:

That was me who was green shelled then blue shelled on Wario Stadium at the end of the video :blank::indeed:

Sounds like a great idea for a theme. Could really mix it up a bit. I used motion controls in MK Wii but have never used therm in this one.

[

Not Used Motion Controls Before,so not liking this theme, bad enough trying not to be last anyway, so unless you change it I'm going to have to pass this week, sorry

So motion controls in all three GP? Sorry, have to check?
You don't have to use motion controls, it's just a suggestion for this particular theme. As long as you're using the correct character/vehicle parts, you can still take part using traditional controls.

You don't have to use motion controls, it's just a suggestion for this particular theme. As long as you're using the correct character/vehicle parts, you can still take part using traditional controls.

But of course, where's the fun in that? Everybody will know... ;)

OK, we will try it with the motion controls, but I am expecting a disaster :D.

The Results

Results_zps297sbtze.jpg

The League Table

League%20table_zpsq6ma1xxe.jpg

Post-race comments

Unfortunately the theme did not work out as planned but still an enjoyable night with some good moments. Still salty about that bomb @RedShell :P

No-more to be said, next week's theme is up, remember, if we get 16 players we can go into 2 groups so there is still reason to sign up.

See you all later!!