NEurope
The Mole

Mario Kart League 2016

Another comm-error. :(

Oh well, that's me done for the evening I think. :p

Thanks for the games though. :)

Well... the 80% I was able to race for anyway. ;)

Crazy night.

What happened with the scoring on the 3rd gp?

I won the first race (3rd one I've ever won..)

I'm just gonna laugh it off. I won the last race though. Yay.

RedShell. Toad Habour, I. Got stuck behind the tram right on the line of the last lap. Highlight of the night.

Thanks for the matches!

Did anyone record the whole thing, or do we only have the MKTV renders?

Oh no! Perhaps it was to do with the music tracks used?

Which is odd becuase if it's to do with that classical track... that should be out of copyright by default surely?

Either way, Its got to be the case that the video was wrongly removed, it must have been reported or something dumb, I don't know much about YT's policies but something doesn't add up here.

It's only the Mario Kart 8 league highlights which appear on the same channel every week, what's the harm? :(

I just checked, it's only this weeks video as well... sod 'em! I'd just reupload it with slightly different music or something.

Edited by S.C.G

Oh no! Perhaps it was to do with the music tracks used?

Which is odd becuase if it's to do with that classical track... that should be out of copyright by default surely?

Either way, Its got to be the case that the video was wrongly removed, it must have been reported or something dumb, I don't know much about YT's policies but something doesn't add up here.

It's only the Mario Kart 8 league highlights which appear on the same channel every week, what's the harm? :(

I just checked, it's only this weeks video as well... sod 'em! I'd just reupload it with slightly different music or something.

Yeah, not sure what's happened there. :wtf: Normally even if the music is copyrighted they just stick ads on the vid. ::shrug:

Anyway, I no longer have the captures saved (they take up a lot of HDD space, so never actually get backed up) but we could still create another vid with the audio from the first GP removed and replaced with something else. There will be no SFX as a result, and it'll be a bit of a botch job, but at least it should stay up once uploaded to YouTube. :hmm:

@Dcubed, any chance I can get you to do that? You can re-render vids without the need for additional compression, right? Don't think my version of Premiere does that. :blank:

Yeah, not sure what's happened there. :wtf: Normally even if the music is copyrighted they just stick ads on the vid. ::shrug:

Anyway, I no longer have the captures saved (they take up a lot of HDD space, so never actually get backed up) but we could still create another vid with the audio from the first GP removed and replaced with something else. There will be no SFX as a result, and it'll be a bit of a botch job, but at least it should stay up once uploaded to YouTube. :hmm:

@Dcubed, any chance I can get you to do that? You can re-render vids without the need for additional compression, right? Don't think my version of Premiere does that. :blank:

I can do that, but I think it might actually not be a music copyright issue...

The music is flagged up as copyrighted, but it doesn't say there's a viewing restriction as a result of it. I've messaged Google/Youtube regarding the issue, so lets wait and see what they say. (I have a feeling that it might have been my description that was the issue - I think it might have been flagged as spam because of the underwater sounding text I was using in the description :hmm: ). Problem here is that I actually have no idea what specifically caused it to be taken down, it just says "Inappropriate Content" and that's it! What part is inappropriate? Some context would help here!

If they message me back and say that it's because of the music though, I can always sort it myself.

Edited by Dcubed

Sorry about the lateness. Here are the results from the last two weeks

The Results

Results_zpshf9zzec7.jpg

The League Table

League%20table_zpsvnaeda9d.jpg

Post-race comments

Well, Thursday was interesting, good theme but connection issues galore. GP3 I have decided to write-off as there was too many disconnections. Hopefully will be back to normal next week. Thank you all for your cooperation, we were able to handle the problems as smoothly as possible.

I have also cleared out some of the inactive players for a better representation.

As I said previously, this league will finish at the end of the month, with a new league starting for the reamining 3 months of the year.

Enough said, theme will be up soon. Until then...

See you all later!!!

The League Table

[/u][/size]

League%20table_zpsvnaeda9d.jpg

Post-race comments

Well, Thursday was interesting, good theme but connection issues galore. GP3 I have decided to write-off as there was too many disconnections. Hopefully will be back to normal next week. Thank you all for your cooperation, we were able to handle the problems as smoothly as possible.

I have also cleared out some of the inactive players for a better representation.

As I said previously, this league will finish at the end of the month, with a new league starting for the reamining 3 months of the year.

Enough said, theme will be up soon. Until then...

See you all later!!!

Hey mole.. Just looking - Are isn't on the table? I know he only managed to take part in the last two GP's, and he won't be able to hit (even 10%?) attendance but still....

Hey mole.. Just looking - Are isn't on the table? I know he only managed to take part in the last two GP's, and he won't be able to hit (even 10%?) attendance but still....

He should be on there, I'll update it and put him on there. Knew I forgot something :heh:

Hey guys. Just in case you haven't noticed...

We won!

It's back! Youtube put it back up without any changes! :D

It's back! Youtube put it back up without any changes! :D
Cool! icon14.gif

Any explanation as to why it was removed in the first place?

Anyway, here is this week's theme!:

eitswk6.jpg

Character/part selection:

Cat Peach

Cat Cruiser

Monster

Super Glider

GP1 - [150cc] - [All Items]:

Wii Wario's Gold Mine

Shy Guy Falls

Dolphin Shoals

Wild Woods

GP2 - [200cc] - [Frantic Mode]:

Mount Wario

Big Blue

N64 Rainbow Road

Mount Wario

BATTLE - [Frantic Mode]:

Wii Moo Moo Meadows

GCN Dry Dry Desert

GCN Sherbet Land

Mario Circuit

Thanks to Dcubed for this theme.

Battle Mode makes its 2016 League debut this week! :o

The rules are Frantic Mode, 2 Minute Rounds and No Teams. Scores to be multiplied by 1.5x to bring them in line with typical race scores.

The IN! list:

= always IN!

1. The Mole
  2. punio75
  3. Brian58
  4. BowserBasher
  5. Bullet Will
  6. RedShell
  7. Wii
  8. Dcubed
  9. S.C.G
  10. Pestneb
  11. nekunando
  12. ?

Who else is IN!?

: peace:

Edited by RedShell

Cool! icon14.gif

Any explanation as to why it was removed in the first place?

Nada, zilch, nothing. Ahh well. At least it's back up and everything's as it should be.

You're all welcome for the theme! Naturally I'm gonna be IN! for this one :D

I can be in this week!

Love most of the circuits, should be interesting having battle mode!

I'M IN :yay:

I haven't touched the battle mode since trying it out when the game was released. I'm gonna get destroyed :grin:

BRING ON THE CARNAGE :bouncy:

EDIT: Subquest Complete!

Bonus Racer has arrived!

Edited by Glen-i