NEurope
The Mole

Mario Kart League 2016

The highlight vid from last week's GPs is now complete and will hopefully be online soon. :)

BTW, if everyone taking part in the league each week could let me know of any particularly epic/funny moments that happen, that would be great. Whether it be something that happens to you, or something that you spot from another player. Post about it in here afterwards and there's a chance I'll feature it as "highlight of the week" in the next video. ;)

: peace:

I always seem to get bombarded by a hundred shells at once so I'll sure to let you know.

haha.. shame this wasn't an hour earlier.. I'm having to use the gamepad instead of playing on the big screen :(

Also earlier played a couple of games online and lost connection..hopefully that was a one off but.. just to clarify if I drop out I should get back asap right?

Second, Second, Third!! :bouncy::bouncy:

More importantly, I ACTUALLY WON A RACE IN BABY PARK. Even against the CPU that doesn't happen....!

Great night guys, cheers. Maybe I should be Reggie every week ;)

We had a full house.

Absolutely the worst night for me. Yoshi is way too light to be up against you lot.

That last GP for me me I think I had just given up. Every time I got into a top three position, I just got hammered and knocked off the track and would finish in the bottom lot.

Other than that, a fun night with a full 12. Maybe we can look at two groups as BulletWill could get in to play

Please let me know if scores are needed.

That third GP destroyed me. The first three races, one item completely screwed me over. I still stand by Mario Kart really needing a patch to add an "invincibility" period after getting hit. The fourth I just did poorly. The worst was 4th to 11th on the final corner of Animal Crossing.

Still, at least I managed to win two races. I still rule at Electrodome.

Unfortunately, my streaming seems to have failed.

My internet again....

So, we didn't participate in first 2 races of the second GP (we started the first one but got disconnected).

In the last GP I had 2 of my favourite tracks and I finishes 8 and 11, because I managed in the first one to miss one cube and in the second one 2, while still finishing very close to people ahead of me, it would have made a huge difference and I could have finally have a decent GP.

Just one question, does it happen often that it shows your one position, you finish the race and suddenly you are one place worse than before, without seeing anyone overtake you?

Second, Second, Third!! :bouncy::bouncy:

More importantly, I ACTUALLY WON A RACE IN BABY PARK. Even against the CPU that doesn't happen....!

Great night guys, cheers. Maybe I should be Reggie every week ;)

Yeah, I liked your idea before the race, but I hated the track, sorry :D.

[

The league table

League%20table_zpsu4eokdkb.jpg

Sorry, how do you calculate things when someone is disconnected from few races, like we did today?

We had a full house.

Absolutely the worst night for me. Yoshi is way too light to be up against you lot.

That last GP for me me I think I had just given up. Every time I got into a top three position, I just got hammered and knocked off the track and would finish in the bottom lot.

Other than that, a fun night with a full 12. Maybe we can look at two groups as BulletWill could get in to play

Please let me know if scores are needed.

Could you send me all the scores please. As well as any DCs

Just one question, does it happen often that it shows your one position, you finish the race and suddenly you are one place worse than before, without seeing anyone overtake you?

well I've seen it happen once when I was playing local multiplayer with my nephew... I'd come first and he came 2nd I think, but then the results came up and had him coming 4th... (and it was the race results the standings result came up after it while we were both protesting how unfair it was...)

well I've seen it happen once when I was playing local multiplayer with my nephew... I'd come first and he came 2nd I think, but then the results came up and had him coming 4th... (and it was the race results the standings result came up after it while we were both protesting how unfair it was...)

This happened twice today, where on one occasion maybe someone overtook me, but just maybe, while on the other one I am quite sure that it changed almost one second later as I could see the guy overtake me, but the game was finished almost second ago (as I have said).

It also happened once 2 weeks ago I think and once I think it actually improved me one place.

I am maybe not wright, but something is definitely wrong.

This happened twice today, where on one occasion maybe someone overtook me, but just maybe, while on the other one I am quite sure that it changed almost one second later as I could see the guy overtake me, but the game was finished almost second ago (as I have said).

It also happened once 2 weeks ago I think and once I think it actually improved me one place.

I am maybe not wright, but something is definitely wrong.

well in race I saw players flying backwards forwards left and right all the time. I think the not right thing is to do with latency issues, we aren't all synced up correctly so the game "corrects" periodically, and some of those corrections happen after the race is finished. It is a bit problematic as obviously particularly with items you aim, strategic choices for when to use them are made... and if the game field you see isn't the actual game field, you'll make wrong calls.

As I recall these issues got most noticeable after splatoon released, I guess the servers are struggling a little bit... although I may be mistaken..

Could you send me all the scores please. As well as any DCs

I will get them to you as soon as I can. I think the only disconnect was kounan as mentioned.

The N-E League highlights for last week (Toad Night) are now up! :D

Enjoy! (Again, thanks be to @RedShell for his excellent work in making these NE League videos happen! :bowdown: )

And with that, we just have yesterday's one to go and then we're all caught up! : peace:

Edited by Dcubed

That was so so good.

Such a great game- looked fantastic in the video.

One quick thought- have a quick flash of the result after the end of each GP?

Looking forward to yesterdays- maybe the one and only time I win a race so will selfishly keep my eyes peeled for that. :p

One quick thought- have a quick flash of the result after the end of each GP?
Seeing as I only use MKTV footage now (don't capture the actual GPs anymore) there's no results screen to include. But TBH I'd rather leave that out anyway, as it'd just add extra length to the vids, and I want to keep them as condensed and snappy as possible. ;)

I expect to see a lot of me getting hit by everything in the next one. The game was against me.
Don't worry, MKTV has been kind to you. :hehe:

Yeah, the highlight vid for last week is ready to render, just waiting for the results.

I'm going to tentatively put myself for an IN this week, although lots of variables that could scupper this, which if happens I'll be sure to let you know ASAP!

Either way I'll add you @BowserBasher so that I can get involved should all still be plain sailing from now til Thursday night :)

Seeing as I only use MKTV footage now (don't capture the actual GPs anymore) there's no results screen to include. But TBH I'd rather leave that out anyway, as it'd just add extra length to the vids, and I want to keep them as condensed and snappy as possible. ;)

Don't worry, MKTV has been kind to you. :hehe:

Yeah, the highlight vid for last week is ready to render, just waiting for the results.

Just an idea here.. if the results screen was captured.. you could have the screen split 4 ways, with the results displayed in one section? or you could have the league table truncated with just name, position and points displayed on one side.. or a link made available through the video's to the post containing the results table etc.

Sure you've thought of all that though.. if the results screens aren't as important I understand!

Oh.. I just realised I probably can't be in this week :(

Edited by Pestneb
Automerged Doublepost

Can anyone send me the scores from last week please?

I have won,...., no need to double check, just trust me :D.

or a link made available through the video's to the post containing the results table etc.
Yeah, that's probably the most feasible option.

Can anyone send me the scores from last week please?
If you can't get the full GP results from @BowserBasher, this is the best I can do:

OQqMEGN.jpg

::shrug: