NEurope
MoogleViper

David Bowie dies of cancer age 69

I don't think anyone knew he had cancer, @MoogleViper

Terrible loss. I had really hoped to see him live, sad that he stopped touring in 2006. I was named after him - "David Robert..." grew up with his music....

RIP

No way! What an awful start to the year. The guy was amazing and will always be part of my childhood thanks to this film.

Like Moogle, I didn't have a clue that he had cancer. Just last year me and my mates were joking about how great it would be if he popped up in Zoolander 2.

R.I.P. you musical legend.

Not what i wanted to wake up to reading this morning, such a sad loss indeed. A musical genius and a legend, R.I.P.

RIP David Bowie :(

Such a talanted musician and all-round individual.

It's strange... we were going to put Labyrinth on in the living room on Blu-Ray only weeks ago but didn't, I have a feeling that it will be watched tonight, it just won't be the same though.

Couldn't believe the news when i heard it this morning, my alarm clock woke me up playing Bowie music, which i thought was odd considering Sara Cox is still taking over from Evans this week, got up got dressed, checked facebook and say lots of RIP Bowie

such a musical icon who has influenced so many other musicians across the decades, he's been a culturual icon as well, Labyrinth is a much loved childhood movie for my Girlfriend and I, and lots of others too.

Just shocking, he was taken too soon.

Rest in peace starman

This one hit harder than most :( lump in my throat when Rebel Rebel came on the radio this morning.

Absolutely gutted. Day fucking ruined! I let out a noooooooooooooo when I found out in work. :'(

Such a talented man, a creative and driving force of the industry who reinvented himself many times and was great through and through.

Couldn't believe the news when i heard it this morning, my alarm clock woke me up playing Bowie music, which i thought was odd considering Sara Cox is still taking over from Evans this week

Are they both known for not liking/playing Bowie?

Are they both known for not liking/playing Bowie?

Evans always plays Bowie relativly frequently, but i cant recall Cox ever playing him, certainly enough for it to seem odd for her

useless bit of info eitherway

R.I.P.

I've never been that into rock music but stumbled upon The Labyrinth a few years ago and was obsessed with it. I've watched that film so many times now and because of it went on to listen to so much amazing Bowie music that he's grown into one of my favourite artists. I'm glad I got to experience his amazing musical talent and freedom of expression whilst he was still with us and I'm sure his music will live on for many years to come.

It's obviously very sad but it was wonderful stepping off the tube tonight and seeing someone in glitter eye makeup and then someone else with a lightning bolt painted on their face. Then seeing the huge crowd gathering around the mural. A great sight, just shame about the reason.

Very saddened by this news. Love his music (well the classic stuff) and he was such a likeable person.

This is a great quote i saw on the BBC News page sharing various Twitter quotes

If you're ever sad, just remember the world is 4.543 billion years old and you somehow managed to exist at the same time as David Bowie

This is a great quote i saw on the BBC News page sharing various Twitter quotes

I believe that one was from Simon Pegg