NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

A Boy & His Blob HD ( PS4/Vita/One/PC )

This was spotted last year on the PEGI ratings page HERE but it looks like the release is closer than many expected.

It has popped up over on Xbox.com ( HERE ) with a release date of 20th Jan! Hopefully all versions will be released on the same day/week.

I'm a massive fan of the Wii version. It was easily one of my top Wii games, what with it's incredible charm and gorgeous art style. The visuals are going to look fantastic in HD and on the Vita screen.

image?url=8Oaj9Ryq1G1_p3lLnXlsaZgGzAie6Mnu24_PawYuDYIoH77pJ.X5Z.MqQPibUVTcvBykyC4IsMssQ7AbjIr11NhHp6.oEvvB3UVg9YORtZouB3YUlDpSHzGjdlmkNOtiB69G3BP1HwI4qHkn5i93BDtVITPHbs6b3M83YtCZXomWn0sUKFNmJV_GbYuRmyEheZaukHYvYmm5LVcviIBJUZL52rM1heG7AUNMIXxJiso-&format=jpg&h=640&w=1138

image?url=8Oaj9Ryq1G1_p3lLnXlsaZgGzAie6Mnu24_PawYuDYIoH77pJ.X5Z.MqQPibUVTcvBykyC4IsMssQ7AbjIr11NhHp6.oEvvB3UVg9YORtZozwAM0GoufGgUofcmt95zOou2hK2Sd3A2N__HA3NLjs.27FP.dhnwAax9TqvwBnrci_auwnJy5pDOC9waaIbOSf9p416dMKuxtiz4y7oQLfTwJMltMZb4q97gUsytRcg0-&format=jpg&h=640&w=1138

0tfImiv.gif

I cant remember what it was but the Boy and his Blob remake just never clicked with me. I absolutely loved the original though.

Didn't even know there was a remake! I remember fruitlessly chucking stuff at the blob in the original though. Will check this out. :)

Didn't even know there was a remake! I remember fruitlessly chucking stuff at the blob in the original though. Will check this out. :)

Thats one of my favourite gaming memories from when I was a kid. Sitting there throwing jellybeans at the blob and then writing down what they all did.

The Boy and His Blob was good, but the movement was clunky and the level design a bit basic. Charming though! I'd pick it up again on sale or on Plus.

The Boy and His Blob was good, but the movement was clunky and the level design a bit basic. Charming though! I'd pick it up again on sale or on Plus.

"Charming" is the best word for describing the game in my opinion. I'm delighted to see it being released on other formats as well. For some reason it had little fanfare when it arrived on Nintendo's console and I'd like to see the series continued in the future, so hopefully this will see it sell a little better too!

It's on the store now for just under a tenner. It's cross buy, so buy 1 get 1 free.

The trophy list is HERE. Shame there isn't a platinum.

I snapped it up before heading off to work and was hoping to have it downloaded on the Vita so I could play on my lunch break. Sadly, the Vita download speed was shocking for some reason and I didn't get it downloaded in time. Can't wait to get home and play it. :yay:

No reason why this couldn't be on the Wii U, ah well.

Tempted to pick it up since it's cross-buy, I have the Wii version that I never played though.

Sadly, the Vita download speed was shocking for some reason and I didn't get it downloaded in time.

Nothing new there then :p

Sign in to follow this