NEurope
nekunando

Your 2016 Gaming Diary

Only just finished the first mission in Dishonored Definitive Edition. I love stealth games so this is perfect for me. :D

Not worrying about trophies in my first run. I just want to play through the game my own way (which currently involves trying to kill every enemy without being seen; haven't been as successful as I wanted to be, though :laughing: set of alarms quite a lot...). But I'm already looking forward to the low chaos, no upgrades run. : peace:

The open ended approach to each mission gives you so much freedom. It's awesome. And the sequel appears to be even better. :yay:

Finished Kirby Planet Robobot. What a marvellous game, loved it. Nice improvements over Triple Deluxe, but not as good as it.

Finished Kirby Planet Robobot. What a marvellous game, loved it. Nice improvements over Triple Deluxe, but not as good as it.

I can understand people feeling like it's too similar to Triple Deluxe (it is after all, an asset reuse sequel on the same console), but I feel that it is just such an improvement in the aspects that Triple Deluxe gets wrong that it makes up for it.

Taken on their own, out of context of their release dates, Robobot is the better game for me for sure. The pacing alone is just so much better! It's so much faster! None of the nonsense with waiting around for the game to catch up to you!

I also think that Robobot has the best take on the whole Super Ability idea that Kirby's Adventure Wii started. I was a bit skeptical of it at first, but it works extremely well and feels like they finally got the animal buddy concept right that they tried to pull off, but never quite got right, in Kirby's Dreamland 2 and 3. It adds tons of variety and player choice in how to tackle a level, instead of taking it away like the animals did and doesn't feel one note like how Hypernova and (to a much lesser extent), the Super Abilities do.

And I don't take that to mean that Triple Deluxe is bad either, on the contrary it's spectacular! Out of the modern Kirby trilogy (Kirby's Adventure Wii/TD/Robobot), it's my least favourite, but it's still great (In particular, TD is the best when it comes to boss battles - the ones in Kirby's Adventure Wii are a bit limp, while Robobot's reuses too many past ideas for my liking).

For me, I'd rank the modern Kirby trilogy as follows.

Kirby's Adventure Wii>Robobot>>Triple Deluxe (bear in mind that I think they're all brilliant).

Edited by Dcubed

Big update incoming!

Finished and platinumed this. This game is my GOTY so far. It was an amazing experience and so much fun to play.

The game is essentially Pokemon but for Final Fantasy fans. You go around capturing Final Fantasy monsters, add them to your team, level them up, evolve them and then take on the bad guys.

What I like about this ( Digimon Cyber Sleuth also done the same ) is that as you evolve your team you can also revert the monsters back to their previous forms. This allows you to come up with some cracking strategies during your play through.

The Final Fantasy references are strong in the game. If you're a fan of the series then you will love all the little nods. Stuff like the Champion Medals, music, characters, enemies all pay homage to the FF series. They also aren't afraid of having a poke at themselves, as seen in this clip.

The music in the game is also fantastic. Some of the remixes of previous FF tunes are amazing. Once you unlock a champion you can the normal battle music to reflect what number game they came from. Once I had unlocked Squall and Cloud I kept switching between these two tunes.:heart::yay:

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

The story is pretty basic but soon does a Kingdom Hearts and turns absolutely mental. It gets pretty weird and falls apart a bit towards the end. It doesn't take away from the experience though.

It's funny that both this and Digmon have offered a better Pokemon-like experience for me this year than GF have given me in a long time. Hopefully Sun and Moon will change that.

I was listening to PS I Love You the other week and they were talking about this game. It cost $0.99, was a short game and had an easy platinum. I was instantly sold on all of these things. :D

The game has you tapping on a Mayo jar by press X. You do this for half an hour and nab a platinum. Really very weird idea. Oh, you also have to dress it up in stuff like a banana suit and a red bikini. I dunno what they were smoking when they came up with this.

@drahkon @Tales if you want an easy plat and have a US account then snap this up. :)

I had no intention of buying this straight away ( I knew it would bomb pretty fast ) but given the great reviews, and the fact that there is no season pass and free DLC, I decided I wanted to support these kind of practices and bought it on release day.

The campaign is brilliant. While the story is a bit throw away, some of the game mechanics are amazing. Some of them don't even last for very long but they are so fun to use that you really end up appreciating them while they last.

While the story is a bit weak, the bond between your pilot and BT is handled really well. I did end up caring for the big robot and felt bad anytime he took a beating. Some of the back and forth between them is great and the voice acting, especially for BT, is top notch.

I was going for the platinum and played the game on the hardest difficulty first. It's something i'm glad I done because it honestly wasn't that hard and I think I would have had a lesser experience if the game was any easier.

My final trophy required me to do a gauntlet run in a set time. This is the tutorial at the start of the game and man was this hard. I spent around 2-3 hours constantly restarting, trying to get my timings right. That feeling when I got under the par time and the platinum popped...magical. :yay:

This is a game I had bought a while back and only now decided to play through it.

It's a pretty short puzzle game that has you jumping between paintings, picking things up and then placing them it other areas. It's pretty simplistic and not that great to be honest.

I finished that and nabbed the platinum.

I had read great things about this game and decided to pick it up while it was on sale. I was not disappointed.

I usually don't care for walking simulators or when games are obscure when telling a story. On paper I should have really hated the game but I fell in love with it.

The art style is beautiful, in a simplistic kind of way. The story is intriguing. The music.....man, this is something very special. Probably one of my favorite soundtracks for a game this year. Fantastic stuff.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

There's a scene in the game that I absolutely loved. Its where you get a glimpse of yourself working your way up the corporate ladder. I won't spoil it for people but the things you do to get there, along with the music that is playing at the time, makes it a very memorable scene.

I played it through a few times and nabbed the platinum.

This was one of the PS+ games for this month and it was a pleasant surprise.

The game is a kind of top down shooter and has you working on a movie set, filming various pieces. You have a giant tower in the middle of the area and you have to make your way to the very top of it. As you get higher the scenes of the movies change, from starting with fighting dinosaurs, all the way to taking on space aliens.

The game has a level up system, which is a pretty standard affair. You find props around the levels which can be used as weapons and leveled up. My weapon of choice by the end was a lightsaber. It would have been stupid not to use that!

The director of the the movie keeps giving you commentary as you make your way up the tower. This guy is pretty funny. On more than one occasion I was laughing out loud at some of the things he was saying.

Another game finished and platinumed.

I snapped up a physical version of the Sega 3D Classics and played through this.

You must have JavaScript enabled on your device to view Miiverse posts that have been embedded in a website. View post in Miiverse

Not much to say about it. I mean, it's Altered Beast. :D

I managed to snag this the other day for free. For whatever reason there was a glitch on the PSN store that had this down as a free download.

Like Altered Beast, there's not much to say about the game. It's Contra.

Nabbed all the trophies for that. The was not platinum for the game. :shakehead

This is something I have wanted to play for a while. I was recently on sale on the US PSN store ( not on the EU store for some weird reason ) and finally got around to playing it.

I'm just gonna get this out of the way now. @RedShell you need to play this game. I think it's available on the PC so grab it when you can.

Amazing game. It's combines the Paper Mario series battle system ( the good one, with all the leveling up and stuff ) and sets you in a world that is just PACKED with 80s references. Honestly, I was laughing all the way through the game. There's stuff like Gremlins, Ghostbusters, Nintendo, The Wizard, Karate Kid, Gonnies, Stallone, Arnie, Transformers, Thundercats, GI Joe, He-Man, Turtles, Bravestar, Galaxy Rangers.....I could go on. If you're a child of the 80s then you will appreciate the game on a whole new level. I was meant to bring the pictures I took of the game with me to work but forgot. I will upload them later to show what kind of things you can expect from the game.

Gameplay wise it plays like the Paper Mario games. You walking around the world and get into battles. At the start of the battle you have stickers that you can scratch. These offer various bonus for the fight and can be changed in your sticker book outside of battle. You only have about 5 seconds to scratch the stickers so you have to be quick. You can find these lying around the various levels.

Once the battle starts it's the usual Paper Mario style system where you time your hits and guards. You can attack by either using your fists or by using certain items you pick up in the game. These range from toys to giant planes.

There is also a power up meter that can be used. By filling this up you sacrifice a turn but your next move will do more damage. There's a nice balance to it all and can offer some good way to take down certain enemies.

I finished the game the other day and platinumed it yesterday. Had World of Final Fantasy not been played this would have easily been a contender for my GOTY.

Another game from this months PS+ and one I didn't really enjoy.

Unlike Virginia, this game didn't grab me at all and is everything I hate about such games. It's slow, story is weird and can be totally missed and the game had a fair few performance issues.

A big problem of mine is that you could miss so much of the story and not realise just what the hell went on. I was fortunate enough to be going for the platinum, so this meant I had to pick up loads of stuff and I got to see all the different story paths. However, on other playthroughs of the game I was simply going straight to the end. It got me thinking, what if someone had done this on their first time through? Nothing would have made any sense.

Some of the trophies for the platinum were flat out annoying. I don't mind collectables in games but when the game doesn't track them or even indicate that you have seen them correctly, this can make for a frustrating affair.

As I mentioned earlier, performance wise the game was spotty at best. The game seems to be fine on some playthroughs and then on others it would be a janky mess. I often found it would be janky when I was travelling to a previous area. It's as if the game didn't want me going back to the other areas.

After 3 times through the game I nabbed the platinum.

Phew! Solid month so far.

I actually tried to buy My Name is Mayo when I saw you playing it the other day. But I couldn't figure out how to pay the 1 dollar only, best I could find was to buy a 5 dollar gift card. Was hoping if I waited instead it would eventually release in Europe as well.

Everybody's Gone To The Rapture (PS4)"

Another game from this months PS+ and one I didn't really enjoy...

...this game didn't grab me at all...

...story is weird...

...performance issues...

... frustrating affair...

After 3 times through the game I nabbed the platinum.

"Horrible game. So bad I only played it through three times."

"Horrible game. So bad I only played it through three times."

First time through is the longest. Next play sessions are only about 20 mins each, if that.

I actually tried to buy My Name is Mayo when I saw you playing it the other day. But I couldn't figure out how to pay the 1 dollar only, best I could find was to buy a 5 dollar gift card. Was hoping if I waited instead it would eventually release in Europe as well.

Apparently there are no plans for it. Same as Taco Master, which Greg from PS I Love You loved.

I just bought a $15 card from eBay. I use it for buying cheap PSOone games that we don't have like Parasite Eve, Legend of Mana etc. and just happened to have a couple of dollars left for Mayo. It's easy switch regions and buy from the store on the PS4 but it's a right faff on when it comes to the PS Vita.

I can understand people feeling like it's too similar to Triple Deluxe (it is after all, an asset reuse sequel on the same console), but I feel that it is just such an improvement in the aspects that Triple Deluxe gets wrong that it makes up for it.

Taken on their own, out of context of their release dates, Robobot is the better game for me for sure. The pacing alone is just so much better! It's so much faster! None of the nonsense with waiting around for the game to catch up to you!

I also think that Robobot has the best take on the whole Super Ability idea that Kirby's Adventure Wii started. I was a bit skeptical of it at first, but it works extremely well and feels like they finally got the animal buddy concept right that they tried to pull off, but never quite got right, in Kirby's Dreamland 2 and 3. It adds tons of variety and player choice in how to tackle a level, instead of taking it away like the animals did and doesn't feel one note like how Hypernova and (to a much lesser extent), the Super Abilities do.

And I don't take that to mean that Triple Deluxe is bad either, on the contrary it's spectacular! Out of the modern Kirby trilogy (Kirby's Adventure Wii/TD/Robobot), it's my least favourite, but it's still great (In particular, TD is the best when it comes to boss battles - the ones in Kirby's Adventure Wii are a bit limp, while Robobot's reuses too many past ideas for my liking).

For me, I'd rank the modern Kirby trilogy as follows.

Kirby's Adventure Wii>Robobot>>Triple Deluxe (bear in mind that I think they're all brilliant).

I loved Kirby's Adventure Wii (expensive game to purchase even today). In a way, i prefer it over both 3DS Kirby games (even though all 3 are fantastic games). I enjoyed being able to use my Kirby Amiibo's in Robobot, made the final boss a bit more enjoyable.

This is something I have wanted to play for a while. I was recently on sale on the US PSN store ( not on the EU store for some weird reason ) and finally got around to playing it.

I'm just gonna get this out of the way now. @RedShell you need to play this game. I think it's available on the PC so grab it when you can.

Amazing game. It's combines the Paper Mario series battle system ( the good one, with all the leveling up and stuff ) and sets you in a world that is just PACKED with 80s references. Honestly, I was laughing all the way through the game. There's stuff like Gremlins, Ghostbusters, Nintendo, The Wizard, Karate Kid, Gonnies, Stallone, Arnie, Transformers, Thundercats, GI Joe, He-Man, Turtles, Bravestar, Galaxy Rangers.....I could go on. If you're a child of the 80s then you will appreciate the game on a whole new level. I was meant to bring the pictures I took of the game with me to work but forgot. I will upload them later to show what kind of things you can expect from the game.

Gameplay wise it plays like the Paper Mario games. You walking around the world and get into battles. At the start of the battle you have stickers that you can scratch. These offer various bonus for the fight and can be changed in your sticker book outside of battle. You only have about 5 seconds to scratch the stickers so you have to be quick. You can find these lying around the various levels.

Once the battle starts it's the usual Paper Mario style system where you time your hits and guards. You can attack by either using your fists or by using certain items you pick up in the game. These range from toys to giant planes.

There is also a power up meter that can be used. By filling this up you sacrifice a turn but your next move will do more damage. There's a nice balance to it all and can offer some good way to take down certain enemies.

I finished the game the other day and platinumed it yesterday. Had World of Final Fantasy not been played this would have easily been a contender for my GOTY.

Thanks for the heads up, it sounds great! :)

You've also reminded me that I still need to finish Tower of Monsters.

I don't actually have anything new to add to my gaming diary at the moment, as I've recently been replaying a lot of older games. Mainly Animal Crossing New Leaf and Happy Home Designer, thanks to the update and having picked up a bunch of the amiibo/cards. :hehe:

Still playing The Tomorrow Children on a regular basis, to check out the new content which gets added each week.

And over the weekend I got quite into Overwatch due to the free trial. Really fun game, and I'm pretty tempted to take advantage of the sale for the digital version of it on the PS store.

Yet to pick up Dragon Quest Builders and Rhythm Paradise Megamix too! :o

Damn these other games and there never ending longevity!! :heh:

I don't actually have anything new to add to my gaming diary at the moment, as I've recently been replaying a lot of older games. Mainly Animal Crossing New Leaf and Happy Home Designer, thanks to the update and having picked up a bunch of the amiibo/cards. :hehe:

Yeah, I also got sucked back into it thanks to the update. I restarted my town and have slowly been building everything back up again. I can't wait until the snow appears in the game. It's such a relaxing and magical thing when that happens.

Yeah, I also got sucked back into it thanks to the update. I restarted my town and have slowly been building everything back up again. I can't wait until the snow appears in the game. It's such a relaxing and magical thing when that happens.
I was very tempted to restart my town, but in the end just couldn't do it. :grin:

Got quite hooked on the little mini-games, especially the desert island one, but the super slow pace has put me off a bit now. :hmm:

Also looking forward to the snow! :santa:

@Hero\-of\-Time I wish I had as much time to play video games as you do :laughing:

I think I'll buy $20 for my US PSN account and get My Name is Mayo. Sounds weird and I like weird stuff :D

There's also a 10 year PSN anniversary sale on the US store...not sure if we'll get one over here, too, so I'll buy Psychonauts (PS4) for $3.99 : peace:

Still playing Dishonored Definitive Edition on PS4. My goal was to get the Platinum by the end of November but I'll be happy to just finish my first playthrough by then...:D

I'll have to think about what games I will play during the Christmas Holidays...

There will be Final Fantasy XV of course. This will be the game I'll play. CoD Infinite Warfare Multiplayer is an obvious choice for quick matches. But I need one or two "smaller" games. Will check my PS4 library and decide in the coming weeks.

@Hero\-of\-Time I wish I had as much time to play video games as you do :laughing:

It's not that I have a stupid amount of free time ( work 10 hours a day, 5 days a week ) it's that i'm methodical in my execution. :D

Imagine how many I would get through if I wasn't chasing trophies! :grin:

It's not that I have a stupid amount of free time ( work 10 hours a day, 5 days a week ) it's that i'm methodical in my execution. :D

How many hours a day do you play then?

I basically have the same amount of free time (8-10 per day of work and university combined). It's just that the past few weeks/months my free time has been taken up by everything besides video gaming :laughing: Most of the days I can only fit in 1-2 hours of gaming :( I blame my girlfriend and friends...damn this real life...

This will change mid-December, though (hopefully). : peace: (no I will not break up with my girlfriend :D won't have to work this much close to Christmas and I will reduce the time I spend with university stuff)

How many hours a day do you play then?

I basically have the same amount of free time (8-10 per day of work and university combined). It's just that the past few weeks/months my free time has been taken up by everything besides video gaming :laughing: Most of the days I can only fit in 1-2 hours of gaming :(

This will change mid-December, though (hopefully). : peace:

Probably a couple hours a night, maybe 3-4 if i'm really hooked on something. I haven't been feeling it this past week and have just been getting in from work and watching some TV/movies instead. A lot of the games I finished recently were done during weekend binges.

I'll be having some great sessions soon. I only have 2 more weeks left at work before breaking up for Christmas. I have a week off for Final Fantasy, go back to work for a week and then i'm done until New Year. No doubt I will get burnt out at some point during that time off. :D

Finished Dishonored - Definitive Edition (PS4). The game holds up really well. It's a masterpiece in every way. :)

Not sure whether I'll go for the Platinum right away. With the little time I'll have to play in the next two weeks I doubt I'll be able to get it in time for FFXV.

@Hero\-of\-Time any recommendations for a game that can be completed in 5-10 hours (maybe even including a Platinum). How long did it take you to get the Platinum in The Deadly Towers of Monsters?

I already bought My Name is Mayo, so that will be something to blast through tomorrow :D

Currently Playing

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare - Multiplayer (PS4)

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered - Multiplayer (PS4)

Completed

January

Bastion (PS4/PSVita) IDbttgi.gif

Tearaway (PSVita) IDbttgi.gif

Transistor (PS4) IDbttgi.gif

Life is Strange (PS4) IDbttgi.gif

Ether One (PS4) IDbttgi.gif

Tales from the Borderlands (PS4) IDbttgi.gif

Defense Grid 2 (PS4) IDbttgi.gif

Grimd Fandango Remastered (PS4) IDbttgi.gif

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls (PS4) IDbttgi.gif

Rogue Legacy (PSVita) "last-trophy-run" IDbttgi.gif

Dust: An Elysian Tale (PS4) IDbttgi.gif

February

The Wolf Among Us (PS4) IDbttgi.gif

Call of Duty: Black Ops III - Multiplayer (PS4) reached Prestige 2

Super Mario 3D World (WiiU)

Peggle 2 (PS4) IDbttgi.gif

Crypt of the Necrodancer (PS4/PSVita) Cadence+Melody Zones 1-4; Cadence All-Zones-Mode

March

Crypt of the Necrodancer (PS4/PSVita) Melody+Bard All-Zones-Mode

Call of Duty: Black Ops III - Multiplayer (PS4) reached Prestige 4 and 5

The Unfinished Swan (PS4)

Limbo (PS4)

Assault Android Cactus (PS4)

Salt and Sanctuary (PS4)

April

Call of Duty: Black Ops III - Multiplayer (PS4) reached Master Prestige

May

Alienation (PS4)

Nioh - Alpha Demo (PS4)

Dark Souls III (PS4)

Hitman GO (PSVita) IDbttgi.gif

Severed (PSVita) IDbttgi.gif

Call of Duty: Black Ops III - Multiplayer (PS4) acquired the Dark Matter Camouflage

Table Top Racing: World Tour (PS4) IDbttgi.gif

The Walking Dead - Season 1 (PS4) IDbttgi.gif

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (PS4) IDbttgi.gif

June

The Talos Principle (PS4) main game

Plague Inc. Evolved (PS4)

July

Plague Inc. Evolved most of the diseases completed on Mega Brutal Difficutly (PS4)

Dangerous Golf (PS4)IDbttgi.gif

Furi (PS4)

Enter the Gungeon (PS4)

August

Plague Inc. Evolved (PS4) IDbttgi.gif

Arcade Game Series: Pac-Man (PS4) IDbttgi.gif

Super Exploding Zoo (PS4/PSVita) IDbttgi.gif

The Talos Principle (PS4) IDbttgi.gif

Nioh - Beta Demo (PS4)

Downwell (PS4/PSVita)

September

Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition (PS4) IDbttgi.gif

Ratchet & Clank (PS4) IDbttgi.gif

October

Dragon Quest Heroes (PS4)

Call of Duty: Black Ops III - Campaign co-op (PS4)

November

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare - Campaign (PS4)

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Multiplayer - reached Prestige 1 (PS4)

Virginia (PS4)

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered - Campaign (PS4)

Dishonored - Definitive Edition (PS4)

Put on hold

GTA: Vice City (PS4)

This War of Mine: The Little Ones (PS4)

Flame Over (PSVita) long-term playthrough

Dark Cloud (PS4)

Stories: The Path of Destinies (PS4)

Persona 4 Golden (PSVita)

Crypt of the Necrodancer (PS4/PSVita) long-term playthrough

Enter the Gungeon (PS4) long-term playthrough

Rogue Galaxy (PS4)

Alienation (PS4) long-term playthrough

Invisible, Inc. (PS4)

Saints Row: Gat out of Hell (PS4)

Tricky Towers (PS4)

Minecraft (PSVita) long-term playthrough

Tearaway Unfolded (PS4)

@drahkon

Mayo will take you 30 mins. :D

Yeah, Deadly Tower is about a 10 hour platinum and a very fun game. You bought Virginia, right? That will take about 5-6 hours. Rapture is about a 10 hour platinum but is a bit of a pain in the butt.

Mayo will take you 30 mins. :D

Indeed. Just completed it and nabbed the Platinum :D It's actually quite funny...I must admid I laughed several times :laughing:

You bought Virginia, right? That will take about 5-6 hours. Rapture is about a 10 hour platinum but is a bit of a pain in the butt.

I will eventually get the Platinum for Virginia but I can only play so much of games like this. That's why I'm holding off on playing Everybody's Gone To The Rapture, too

Yeah, Deadly Tower is about a 10 hour platinum and a very fun game

I think I'll give it a go then :) Cheers. : peace:

Currently Playing

Completed

January

February

Crypt of the Necrodancer (PS4/PSVita) Cadence+Melody Zones 1-4; Cadence All-Zones-Mode

March

Limbo (PS4)

Salt and Sanctuary (PS4)

April

May

Alienation (PS4)

Nioh - Alpha Demo (PS4)

Dark Souls III (PS4)

Call of Duty: Black Ops III - Multiplayer (PS4) acquired the Dark Matter Camouflage

June

July

Plague Inc. Evolved most of the diseases completed on Mega Brutal Difficutly (PS4)

Furi (PS4)

Enter the Gungeon (PS4)

August

Nioh - Beta Demo (PS4)

Downwell (PS4/PSVita)

September

October

November

Virginia (PS4)

My Name is Mayo (PS4) IDbttgi.gif

Put on hold

Dark Cloud (PS4)

Rogue Galaxy (PS4)

Invisible, Inc. (PS4)

Tricky Towers (PS4)

Tearaway Unfolded (PS4)

Finished The Deadly Tower of Monsters last night.

Took about 5 hours to beat, only had 2 trophies left for the platinum, but they're annoying find stuff challenges so can't really be bothered. :hehe:

Game was pretty fun anyway, and I loved the retro sci-fi/B movie presentation. They did a great job at recreating that classic vibe, and it also helps to mask some of the general glitchyness of the game at the same time. :laughing:

Beat:

in January:____________

Yakuza 5 (PS3) started in 2015

Little Battlers eXperience (3DS) started in 2015

Hardware: Rivals (PS4+) 100% IDbttgi.gif

in February:____________

Dragon Quest Heroes (PS4) 100% IDbttgi.gif

Rocket League (PS4+) beat in 2015 IDbttgi.gif

Radio Hammer (3DS)

Horizon Chase (iOS)

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax (PS3+)

in March:____________

Transformers: Devastation (PS4)

Super Stardust HD (PS3+)

Binary Domain (PS3)

Super Mario Maker (Wii U) replay

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune Remastered (PS4) replay IDbttgi.gif

Miitomo (iOS)

in April:____________

Shutshimi: Seriously Swole (PS4+) 100%

Broforce (PS4+)

Grow Home (PS4+) 100%

Bloodborne (PS4)

PKTBALL (iOS)

in May:____________

Mini Mario & Friends: amiibo Challenge (3DS/Wii U)

Trackmania Turbo (PS4)

Pocket Card Jockey (3DS)

Uncharted: Fortune Hunter (iOS)

Uncharted 4 (PS4)

in June:____________

Kirby: Planet Robobot (3DS)

in July:____________

Street Fighter V (PS4)

Saints Row: Gat out of Hell (PS4+)

Monster Hunter Generations (3DS)

Metroid Prime Blast Ball (3DS)

in August:____________

ABZÛ (PS4) 100%

Gravity Rush Remastered (PS4)

Ninja Battle Heroes (3DS)

in September:____________

The Tomorrow Children (PS4) 100%

in October:____________

Ultratron (PS4+)

Severed (iOS) 100%

OlliOlli (3DS/Wii U)

Paper Mario: Color Splash (Wii U)

in November:____________

MHbUwnT.gifThe Deadly Tower of Monsters (PS4+)

Total: 38

Yet to start or unfinished:

The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess HD (Wii U) replay

My Nintendo Picross - The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (3DS)

Dropped or on hold:

Xenoblade Chronicles X (Wii U) started in 2015

Affordable Space Adventures (Wii U)

Zombi (PS4+) replay

Table Top Racing: World Tour (PS4+)

Tricky Towers (PS4+)

Finished The Deadly Tower of Monsters last night.

Took about 5 hours to beat, only had 2 trophies left for the platinum, but they're annoying find stuff challenges so can't really be bothered. :hehe:

Game was pretty fun anyway, and I loved the retro sci-fi/B movie presentation. They did a great job at recreating that classic vibe, and it also helps to mask some of the general glitchyness of the game at the same time. :laughing:

Which trophies were they? I assume the shooting all the targets was one of them.

Good to see you have some fun with it. It's certainly a game I would never have played had it not been for PS+ but it's one that I enjoyed very much. I love it when you get surprises like this from the + program.

Managed to finish up the main story on Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition late last week. I'd played the game through before on the 360 and I was a big fan of it back then and I still am now. Little has changed really in terms of the actual game with this remaster, some slight bumping up of the visuals to PC level (at the time of release from what I gather) and the inclusion of all the DLC for the game but other than that, it's a faithful remaster that doesn't mess with what worked back then.

That's not to say that there aren't elements which don't quite click and in some cases, there are a few bits that feel a bit dated now. The driving in particular just didn't feel right to me especially after playing more recently released games like Watch Dogs and GTA 5. The movement in the game felt sluggish and to be honest, I wasn't a big fan of the "Hold X to run, jump and vault over things" mechanic. I liked it when I originally played it but it lacks finesse nowadays. Obviously, it's a last-gen title so it's not going to compare to more recent ones but it still felt a bit clumsy to control. Shooting also feels the same and although the combat is straight up Arkham series Batman, it again feels a bit sluggish. Though it is still very satisfying dispatching of enemies in the context sensitive ways (throwing them on the box of swordfish heads is still a favourite).

Despite these issues, it's still a pretty decent game and a solid GTA clone, probably much more than the original Watch Dogs ever was (and that's coming from someone who was a fan of that game). There's a few frame rate hitches here and there and some outdated visuals but it's still very much worth a play through. I've still plenty to do in terms of the side missions and such to grab the platinum but that can wait till the new year as there are other things I'm interested in playing currently.

What makes it more sad finishing this up is that with United Front Games shutting up shop, it's unlikely that we'll see a sequel which is a crying shame as I'd love to see what they could do with the IP when making the game from the ground up for the PS4/Xbone hardware. Square Enix still hold the rights to the IP but I think unless they're going to put up a new studio for ex-UFG employees or hand it over to the likes of Eidos Montreal, it's unlikely to see the light of day again. Shame really as the basis of what's here is a solid start point and is a good homage to the likes of Vice City (especially with the radio adverts they've got in the game and the way the city is presented) so I'd have liked to see more.

Completed

January

Axiom Verge (Started Dec. 2015)

Three Fourths Home: Extended Edition

Resogun* (Rookie complete, 3 difficulty settings to go)

Super Exploding Zoo

Among The Sleep

Amplitude

Just Cause 3 (Started Dec. 2015)

Fallout 4 (Started Nov. 2015)

Flower

February

The Witness (Platinum get)

Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition

Submerged

Rainbow Six Siege (Situations Completed)

Firewatch

Unravel

March

Hotline Miami

SOMA

The Fall

Murdered: Soul Suspect (Platinumed)

Uncharted 2 Remastered

April

Uncharted 3 Remastered

Republique (PS4)

Shutshimi

Teslagrad

Volume (Platinumed)

Mirror's Edge (PS3)

Blues and Bullets - Episode 1 & 2 (of 5)

Octodad: Dadliest Catch

May

Shadow Complex Remastered

Koi (PS4)

The Park (PS4)

Table Top Racing: World Tour

Uncharted 4

June

Ratchet and Clank (2016)

Invisible Inc. (Beginner difficulty)

Child of Eden (PS3)

Oxenfree

VEV: Viva Ex Vivo

Gone Home (PS4)

Mirror's Edge Catalyst (Platinum, October)

July

Far Cry Primal

Infamous First Light

Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell

Type:Rider (PS4)

Adr1ft

Shadow of the Beast (PS4; Normal Difficulty)

Trials of the Blood Dragon

Song of the Deep

Unmechanical Extended

August

Hyper Light Drifter

The Walking Dead Season 1 (Platinum)

Abzu

This War of Mine: The Little Ones - 2nd Run: Day 28 (Long term)

No Man's Sky (Platinum)

Bound

September

Oceanhorn

Batman: A Telltale Series - Episode 1

Datura (PS3)

Tales from the Borderlands (Platinum, October)

Remember Me (PS3)

October

Deus Ex Mankind Divided

Dear Esther: Landmark Edition

Virginia

Until Dawn

Ghostbusters The Video Game (PS3)

November

The Deadly Tower of Monsters (Platinum)

Goat Simulator (Platinum)

Rise of the Tomb Raider

Titanfall 2

Small Radios Big Televisions

Grow Up

Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition

I'm guessing I'm about half way through a play through of Heavy Rain (PS4) but haven't touched it for a couple of days, need to get back to that. Also played through the first episode of Walking Dead - Season 2 but again, haven't touched it for a bit so need to jump back on that, likewise with Grim Fandango Remastered. But hoping to pick up Battlefield 1 and/or Watch Dogs 2 soon so they might take my attention away for a bit. That and more multiplayer in Titanfall 2.

Which trophies were they? I assume the shooting all the targets was one of them.
Yeah, the shoot all targets and find 5 missing film reels.

I did spend a while yesterday just diving from the highest point of the tower (love the music that plays when you're falling :awesome:) and managed to find a few targets I was missing in the process, but the last few must be very well hidden. :grin:

Good to see you have some fun with it. It's certainly a game I would never have played had it not been for PS+ but it's one that I enjoyed very much. I love it when you get surprises like this from the + program.
Doubt I'd have played this otherwise either. :)

Here's hoping for some more good PS+ stuff in December!

Started The Deadly Tower of Monsters (PS4) just now.

While the gameplay so far is nothing to write home about the humour is exceptional. Dick...malfunction...Dick...malfunction :laughing:

Looking forward to spending more time with it :)

Played through Virginia (PS4) again this morning. Nabbed the Platinum. : peace:

My Name is Mayo...it was actually quite funny :D

Currently Playing

The Deadly Tower of Monsters (PS4)

Completed

January

February

March

Limbo (PS4)

Salt and Sanctuary (PS4)

April

May

Alienation (PS4)

Nioh - Alpha Demo (PS4)

Dark Souls III (PS4)

June

July

Furi (PS4)

Enter the Gungeon (PS4)

August

Nioh - Beta Demo (PS4)

Downwell (PS4/PSVita)

September

October

November

Virginia (PS4) IDbttgi.gif

My Name is Mayo (PS4) IDbttgi.gif

Put on hold

Dark Cloud (PS4)

Rogue Galaxy (PS4)

Invisible, Inc. (PS4)

Tricky Towers (PS4)

Tearaway Unfolded (PS4)

I bought Bioshock Collection (PS4) last month after some people on here recommended it to me. I've been playing through the first game a bit and just found the research camera.

Despite the praise of this game I don't know whether I like it. Its very weird. I am liking the gameplay mechanics but the atmosphere and the setting is just strange. I'm also having difficulty following the story.

I an unsure whether the game is for me and tempted to just pack it in. I feel like I would be wasting my money though.

I bought Bioshock Collection (PS4) last month after some people on here recommended it to me. I've been playing through the first game a bit and just found the research camera.

Despite the praise of this game I don't know whether I like it. Its very weird. I am liking the gameplay mechanics but the atmosphere and the setting is just strange. I'm also having difficulty following the story.

I an unsure whether the game is for me and tempted to just pack it in. I feel like I would be wasting my money though.

Shame. There's a part in the game that usually blows people's minds and then everything falls into place. If you aren't enjoying, and if you have other games you want to play, then its probably best to shelve it.

I think its far better to trade it in and lose some money, than to keep trying to enjoy it and potentially waste your time. Money comes and goes but you can never get your time back.