NEurope
CoolFunkMan

Most Anticipated Games of 2016

Rise of the Tomb Raider. I've been waiting for this for a while and it looks like this will be getting released in January.

Far Cry Primal. The unique setting looks interesting.

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD. I haven't replayed this before, so doing it with good controls will be great.

Hitman. Not 100% convinced by this, as the strange release schedule is putting me off. I hope it's good.

Day of the Tentacle Remastered. Never played the original, so looking forward to this.

Star Fox Zero. I've been excited for it for a while.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End. I may have to get a PS4 next year.

No Man's Sky. Even if it's aimless wondering around, I'll still likely enjoy it.

Yooka-Laylee. I've backed it and I've loved the little bits of information that they've released on it.

Gravity Rush 2. Another big reason for getting a PS4.

Mass Effect: Andromeda. I imagine this will slip into 2017, though.

The Legend of Zelda. The "farewell" game for the Wii U.

There are certainly a lot of games I'm looking forward to but the main two are Persona 5 and Mass Effect: Andromeda

Some of the games i'm looking forward to next year.

Mass Effect: Andromeda

Rise of the Tomb Raider (When it comes on PS4 in November next year)

Horizon Zero Dawn

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

Yooka-Laylee - I backed it, looking forward to it.

Far Cry Primal. Looks decent, nice setting.

For me, 2016 already feels like it's going to be about the NX. I'm still not totally convinced that it will be released next year but with the promise of hearing the first details of the system and, in all likelihood, see some of the potential software, I'm pretty excited to see what is going to be on offer :grin:

In terms of games that we know are coming out, I guess The Legend of Zelda and Starfox Zero on Wii U are the two that I have my eye on with Metroid Prime: Federation Force hopefully turning out better than anyone expects.

My list certainly isn't huge, but I also find myself excited at the prospect of finally tucking into some games that I've had floating around for a considerable amount of time. I wouldn't imagine that I'll get around to all of the ones I currently fancy playing but Super Mario RPG, Paper Mario, Chrono Trigger and Mega Man X are the current Wii VC candidates, amongst many games spread across multiple other formats :hehe:

The Legend of Zelda (WiiU) I can't wait for this, its my most anticipated game

Rise of the Tomb Raider

Can't wait for the PC release

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD Its been an age since i've replayed this, and not having waggle controls would be awesome

Yooka-Laylee backed this from the start and i'm gagging for this Bajo Kazooie spiritual sequel

No Man's Sky an Odd one with this, i'm hyped and fearful for this, i could see it being a massive disappointment

Mass Effect: Andromeda Can't wait for this, although i should really finish Mass Effect 3's DLC

Persona 5 is the only correct answer.

Having only recently bought my first Persona (P4G) I'm in love with the series, so Persona 5 has hit my radar like a meteorite

Persona 5 very high hopes now

Edited by Agent Gibbs

Having only recently bought my first Persona (P4G) I'm in love with the series, so Persona 5 has hit my radar like a meteorite

And yet you didn't list it!

I'm looking forward toooo...

Uncharted 4 - Only recently just got into these games, but enjoy them a lot. Think the new one will be awesome.

Rise of the Tomb Raider - Loved the previous game, so I'm hoping for this to follow on and be equally as impressive. I've not heard many gamers raving about this though...which worries me a little.

Gravity Rush Remastered and 2 - Only played a demo of the Vita game and thought it was fantastic. Almost pushed me to getting a Vita. Can't wait for these. :D

Horizon: Zero Dawn - This game looks better and better. Let's just hope it lives up to the hype.

Rime - Lol...whenever it comes out.

Firewatch - Thought this looked a bit off at first, but I'm coming around to it and am eager to give it a go.

Street Fighter V - Bring it the fuck onnnnn.

Adrift - Looks quite interesting...I can't tell whether it'll live up to its promise or not. The idea is cool, but it could end up very shallow or boring quickly if not handled with care.

Final Fantasy XV - Fuck it, it looks wonderful. Eager to give this a go.

Unravel - Quick, enjoy this before EA find a way to ruin it!

The Witness - It's finally coming out.

Never played a Persona game, but...maybe I'll give that a bash, too.

2016 is going to be awesome! 2015 will take some beating, though.

Rise of the Tomb Raider - Loved the previous game, so I'm hoping for this to follow on and be equally as impressive. I've not heard many gamers raving about this though...which worries me a little.

The lack of people raving was because it was released on just the Xbox One and on the same day as Fallout. The few people that are talking about it are saying that it's better than the last one.

I'll be sure to rave about it when I play it next month.

...more Destiny, anyone? Just me?

I jest, but atm it's the only thing really on my radar. I'm excited for Zelda Wii U but I don't know if I'll adopt, nor if it'll actually get to us in time, nor whether it'll actually be just for WiiU. If they pull the TP/Wii stunt with ZeldaU/NX I'm seriously contemplating not buying it new as a matter of principle.

There's nothing in particular that I'm aware of hitting in 2016 - but I do recall seeing some very nice things on the radar for PS4. I don't keep up as much as I probably could but I'm generally excited for the system. Which is strange. Considering all I basically do atm is play Destiny, Rocket League or Terraria - thought I'd be branching a lot more.

Zelda Wii U this is the most excited i've been for a game, don't let me down Nintendo!

Uncharted 4 played Uncharted 3 really liked it, will pick up the collection soon.

Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow i'll be able to play this with my younger brother, show him where it all started :D

Rise of the Tomb Raider if that's still coming to ps4, loved the first one.

Twilight Princess HD it's been a loong time since i played it on wii and I've forgotten most of it so i guess that's a good thing i get to replay it.

Naruto Storm 4 last game of the franchise, CyberConnect2 won't disappoint.

Street Fighter V the wait is almost over, Chun li best waifu!

Horrizon looked amazing from what they showed.

Final Fantasy 15 will be my first in the series, love that the combat is now real time.

Destiny In love with this game atm would like some updates throughout the year.

This year is staaacked and i think i missed couple games.

Zelda WiiU

RIME

No Mans Sky

SFV

Uncharted 4

Firewatch

All I can think of off the top of my head whilst at work.

I can't get excited about Zelda. We've seen next to nothing about it and know just as little. The only reason I'd be putting it down on my list is because it has the Zelda name.

I can't get excited about Zelda. We've seen next to nothing about it and know just as little. The only reason I'd be putting it down on my list is because it has the Zelda name.

With the most recent installments not doing anything for me, even the Zelda name can't get it on my list...

Which is a shame. I want to be excited, but I just can't. Nintendo lost me :( Hopefully not for good...

Starfox Zero: The first proper Starfox game in 19 years!? Oh hell yes! It looks to be everything I always wanted from a new Starfox game (OK, it's still lacking a proper multiplayer mode, but otherwise!) and a game that really champions the Gamepad in a truly unique way.

Twilight Princess HD: I'm eager to see all the little changes they've made to it and after all the Zelda Symphonies, dare I hope for an orchestrated score this time? (They always wanted to do it originally! Now's their chance! :D )

Zelda Wii U Still shrouded in mystery, but of course I'm looking forward to it, it's Zelda! Looking forward to all the crazy Gamepad dual screen puzzles they come up with as well!

Firs Emblem Fates I'm always up for more Fire Emblem and this time we're getting three of them! :D

Super Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Love the PKMD series, so naturally I'm champing at the bit for this one!

Pokemon RBY VC Looking forward to me and my friends and family getting stuck into Gen 1 again (no more pesky link cables!!)

Metroid Prime Federation Force Screw the haters, I'm looking forward to this one! NLG has yet to put a foot wrong and I bet that this'll be a great Monster Hunter style game. It might not be the same kind of Metroid that you know and love, but I bet that it'll be a great experience in its own right :)

Yooka Laylee This one's a big IF because I reckon that there's a very good chance that it'll slip into 2017, but if it makes it; oh God yes! A proper Banjo Kazooie successor, at long last!

Everything else that I'm really looking forward to, I'm betting on them slipping into 2017...

Otherwise I'm really looking forward to really diving deep into my backlog this year and I'm also looking forward to seeing what Cave Shmups come out on Steam!

Edited by Dcubed

Resident Evil Zero HD (PS4)

I had a great time playing through Resident Evil Remake HD a year ago and have been waiting to have another crack at Zero. I was never the biggest fan of it back in the day. I'm curious to see if my opinion will change when playing it again.

A Boy & His Blob HD (PS4/Vita)

Absolutely adored the Wii version of the game. With it's charming animations and stunning visuals the game really won me over. I'm looking forward to seeing how it looks in HD and on the Vita screen

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth (PS4/Vita)

I've been waiting quite a while for this game and was chuffed to bits when Namco finally announced it was bringing it over to the West. It looks to be what I exactly want from a console Pokemon game.

Ratchet & Clank (PS4)

Love the series to bits and look forward to seeing how they go about retelling the story. I'm also looking forward to seeing the movie as well.

Final Fantasy XV

With every new bit of info that comes out out S-E about this game the more I get excited. The release of a mainline FF game is always a big deal for me. The series has always managed to maintain a high standard ( screw the haters, XIII was a freaking great game ) and this one looks to be no different. Bring it on.

The World of Final Fantasy (PS4/Vita)

A more anime/cutesy take on the Final Fantasy universe, this game appeals to me very much, in both the visual style and the gameplay. It looks to be a game made for the fans of the series, with many characters and summons from the other games making an apperance.

Uncharted 4 (PS4)

Its Uncharted. Nuff said. :D

Life is Strange (PS4)

I've been intrigued with what i've seen and read about this game. Everyone seems to rate it very highly and i'm eager to give it a go. I'm not a fan of episodic games ( much rather wait until all of them are out ) and I much prefer my boxed goods over digital. This is why i've been waiting for the retail release. Sooooooon...........

Final Fantasy Explorers (3DS)

It looks to be a Monster Hunter type game but set in the world of Final Fantasy. This is right up my alley. :yay:

Fire Emblem Fates (3DS)

I have played a few of the FE games in my time but the series really didn't grab me until Awakening, which seemed to be the same case for many people. Having the option to play the game without permanently losing any units was a welcome game changer. While I don't like the Pokemon style 3 game route they have taken ( seems like a money grab to me ) i'm still looking forward to the next entry in the series.

Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow (3DS VC)

I can't wait to revisit these classic games. It's gonna be nice to play a Pokemon game without having 700 odd Pokemon to worry about. Gen 1 is still king for me and playing these games again will no doubt reinforce that opinion.

Bravely Second: End Layer (3DS)

The original game had some more pacing issues but there was a lot of stuff it done really well, especially the modifiers they allowed you to turn on and off. If they don't pull the same garbage that they done with the second half of the original game then we could have a very special JRPG on our hands.

Dragon Quest VII/VIII (3DS)

I honestly thought we would never get these over here and seeing them announced at the Direct last year was a big moment for me. Being able to finally play DQVII is something i'm very much looking forward to.

That's all I can think of for now. :) There are a couple I could have added but didn't want to add yet, such as Zelda and Monster Hunter.

Zelda I haven't seen enough of yet and after Skyward Sword, and playing other open world games, the series has lost a lot of it's shine.

Monster Hunter X i'm not sure we will even get in the West. Capcom have a habit of waiting for the G version of the game to be released before sending that version over to us.

Crazy that the list is this big and what's even crazier is that most of these games come out within the first few months of the year! If all of the games arrive on time then 2016 could be something very special.

Super Pokemon Mystery Dungeon - What little I've heard of it makes me very very excited. After the slight disappointment of Etrian Mystery Dungeon, I'm eager to get back into the best Pokemon Spin-off series.