NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Andross

New Reggie Interview! Takes X360's Name!

http://news.com.com/Nintendos+New+Years+resolutions/2008-1043_3-6028279.html?tag=st.prev

How do you think Revolution will sell?

Fils-Aime: We will sell more units than Xbox 360 did here in the United States in our launch window. I mean, in December, we sold more GameCubes in the United States than Microsoft sold 360s, and Revolution will do better than that.

Plenty of other interesting morsels there. I wish they'd release some "proper" new though. :(

Good interview. They should clone reggie and send Reggie2 to Europe. Actually one for Europe and one for the UK to sort out all these dickheads who think FIFA and GTA are the be all end all of gaming.

Funny headline. Reggie returns with a vengeance. This could be embarrasing for Microsoft.

If they could clone Reggie, they should make an army.

Hehehehe ... Microsoft wont be happy about that!

This is the Nintendo i like, the fiesty.. tell it like it is Nintendo!

Reggie realy is doin well for Nintendo and i hope he stays working for them for many years to come!!

omg, the interviewer has totally no knowledge (but reggie fights back :P):

Let's talk handhelds. Obviously, the Nintendo DS is doing well, with 13 million sold so far. But Sony's PSP seems to have more buzz.

Fils-Aime: I disagree.

omg, the interviewer has totally no knowledge (but reggie fights back :P):

Let's talk handhelds. Obviously, the Nintendo DS is doing well, with 13 million sold so far. But Sony's PSP seems to have more buzz.

Fils-Aime: I disagree.

Yeah, I felt a bit angry when I read this part of the interview, but Reggie put him straight. I don't know how people can have access to the facts (DS outselling PSP) and still say against them. It's incredible :S

Ok, don't hate me please! but surely the only reason why Gamecube sold more then the 360 was because of the huge shortages the 360 had? ::shrug:

Other then that GO REGGIE! :yay:

It's a very different Reggie if you ask me, he seems angry, VERY ANGRY! :shakehead

the PSP does have more buzz, and it's ridiculous why.

the source of all the buzz is the fucking media hyping it up, despite the shit games..

all the gadget magazines, all the style magazines and all the boys magazines are hyping it like it's the next iPod. that is why it has more buzz.

but 'buzz' does not translate into quality gaming, sales, and general value for money.

reggie was right to disagree because the argument that was put forward to him had distorted evidence that he is very familiar with.

and if he isn't hell what do they pay him for :)?

Ok, don't hate me please! but surely the only reason why Gamecube sold more then the 360 was because of the huge shortages the 360 had? ::shrug:

Other then that GO REGGIE! :yay:

It's a very different Reggie if you ask me, he seems angry, VERY ANGRY! :shakehead

That was kind of the point, if you re-read the question and his answer; he was saying they intend to sell more Revolutions in their launch period, than the Xbox360, and will do their best not to run out. He then pointed out how bad things were by comparing Xbox360 sales to the, pretty much dead in the water, Gamecube to show how badly MS had messed up their launch.

That was kind of the point, if you re-read the question and his answer; he was saying they intend to sell more Revolutions in their launch period, than the Xbox360, and will do their best not to run out. He then pointed out how bad things were by comparing Xbox360 sales to the, pretty much dead in the water, Gamecube to show how badly MS had messed up their launch.

ok, so heres using one of his own products to show how badly the 360 has sold in december? ;)

So what his saying is 'Even the Gamecube out-performed it in december, who would of thought that?'

Strange. :wink:

I'm a bit disappointed that there's no real news in it apart from another confirmation that the Revo will launch in 2006.

But I was quite glad to hear that the "Revolution, will cost less than $300"

But I was quite glad to hear that the "Revolution, will cost less than $300"

How much is say $300 in pounds?

Im expecting the Revolution to cost me around £170-£200

well using XE.com, it works out about £170, but add in slightly inflated UK prices compared to US and you get About £200.

i hope some more news comes through soon about the revo. hopefully D.I.C.E. will some actual new news. the hype and buzz cannot last till E3.

ok, so heres using one of his own products to show how badly the 360 has sold in december? ;)

So what his saying is 'Even the Gamecube out-performed it in december, who would of thought that?'

Strange. :wink:

I think its not meant to be read into other than "we beat their next gen offering with this gen's machine"

ppl are then meant to think

"I'd be better off buying a cube than a 360"

As you all can see Nintendo's Revolution marketing has started and we haven't seen nothing yet. D.I.C.E in February which will bring us new info from Reggie and I sure we will see some extra interviews with other developers around that time. In March Nintendo will give us some first info on Wi-fi on the Revolution. Some interviews will probally come out around GDC as well. Then of course in May, E3 06 will bring forth a Revolution in home console gaming.

On another note I hear some PS3 info will come next month. And latest I heard on the PS3 launch was Japan - August/Sept US - Oct/November Europe - November/Dec.

Sony are really trying to get the Europe launch in 06.

After the interview Reggie ripped the interviewer's head off and crushed his body with one hand. Just because he's all man.

The shortages were staged by MS. Just to say "Oh look it sold out this quick" and build up hype. If they shipped all of their stock it wouldnt have sold out.

The shortages were staged by MS. Just to say "Oh look it sold out this quick" and build up hype. If they shipped all of their stock it wouldnt have sold out.

Also dont forget that it also limits the intial losses they make on the system. I personally think that tis is why Sony and MS have shortages.

Imagine, MS are losing something like $50 - $100 per machine (im guessing here for examples sake) on every machine sold, then they go and sell 3 million of them in a month. And that gets added to the 4 billion they already lost last gen and you now see the real reason for a shortage at launch. I also expect shortages at the PS3 launch as they will be in a similar situation.

The marketing spin of "we sold out" is purely a bonus

A lot of truth in what Reggie said there, and a lot of expectations.

Hes right about the DS/PSP buzz thing. Its all about the PSP according to the media, its "the ONE". Still go into a shop and which one are you more likely to find, the PSP. DS's are being sold out.

I heard that becuse of this interview nintedos stock went up 6,4%

I'm realy thinking about investing in some nintedo stock before E3.

Sign in to follow this