NEurope
Serebii

Minecraft: Wii U Edition (17th December)

This is way too late for them to be making such a big deal out of it. I guess this is great news for those that don't have a PC, laptop, iPad, iPhone, 360, PS3, Xbox One, PS4 or Vita and didn't mind waiting a few years though.

This is way too late for them to be making such a big deal out of it. I guess this is great news for those that don't have a PC, laptop, iPad, iPhone, 360, PS3, Xbox One, PS4 or Vita and didn't mind waiting a few years though.

They're not making a big deal though. They made a tweet about it and sent a PR and that's that.

They intentionally created hype by telling people something 'big' was happening Monday, especially as it's already common knowledge that the last Smash Direct is due this month. But I guess I should have remembered that true Nintendo hype doesn't start until the Cranky Kong memes come out.

But in all seriousness, as bitter as I am, I can see why getting one of the best selling and most recognisable videogames on Wii U is a big deal - I just don't care for it myself. I've seen suggestions that 'Steve' should be the last Smash character, now that is what would end me :p

They intentionally created hype by telling people something 'big' was happening Monday, especially as it's already common knowledge that the last Smash Direct is due this month. But I guess I should have remembered that true Nintendo hype doesn't start until the Cranky Kong memes come out.

But in all seriousness, as bitter as I am, I can see why getting one of the best selling and most recognisable videogames on Wii U is a big deal - I just don't care for it myself. I've seen suggestions that 'Steve' should be the last Smash character, now that is what would end me :p

They didn't though. Only one guy did to one other guy on a podcast, and then it spread and the Internet went batshit crazy

Wasn't the big news that Nintendo let their indie guy talk in public?

Wasn't the big news that Nintendo let their indie guy talk in public?

And look what happened...

That's great news, is he clued up on his Nintendo related news?

Just wondering if you'd be able to keep it a secret for an extra week and surprise him on Christmas morning with Minecraft on the U :)

Agreed with everyone that's it's a little too late, but still good news none the less, hopefully shows Nintendo is doing the leg work behind the scenes to get things happening!

I'm like a totalitarian government. All his Nintendo news comes via my filtering ;P

No Christmas in Taiwan, though we will open a few presents, and we do have a small tree up. Christmas Day is a Friday, and is just a normal day of school and work for us. Chinese New Year in February, this year, is the time for Winter vacation and festive resting. Good idea though, so I'll definitely get it, but will surprise him on Boxing Day with it.

And look what happened...

Yes. The problem here was it was talked about.

It's a great game to appear on a Nintendo console, if they utilise the WiiU Gamepad it will be great. However, it really should have arrived months, if not years ago. It's not going to save the WiiU in terms of major increased sales (and to be fair, are any of us expecting that to occur).

No inventory management on the GamePad.

Minecraft: Wii U Edition isn’t going to allow you to manage your inventory on the Wii U GamePad from the get-go. This is according to Mojang‘s director of creative communications, Owen Hill, who says the controller’s touch screen can only be used as an alternate screen for those who want to utilize the off-TV play feature.

Are Nintendo porting it themselves? :p

Why would you imply that? Nintendo has made good use of the GamePad this year. It's just Microsoft/Mojang being silly here.

Edit: Oh, just saw the :p. Never mind me :p

Edited by Serebii

Preposterous. The gamepad is brilliant, it could've been amazing. But when it doesn't even get used for shit like this you know it's just not a workable concept anymore.

Preposterous. The gamepad is brilliant, it could've been amazing. But when it doesn't even get used for shit like this you know it's just not a workable concept anymore.

To be fair, Nintendo have been heavily using the GamePad to great success this year, what with Xenoblade, Splatoon, Mario Maker etc.

It's outrageous that they're not incorporating the game pad. This suggests it's probably a quick port (a 2 years late one at that) in which case I might wait for reviews before I buy.

Oh man, I knew it. What a load of rubbish. As if being 2 years late wasn't bad enough. Here I was thinking we might get Amiibo skins yet they can't even use the damn controller right. Pathetic. Why even bother? This is as stupid as Watch_Dogs.

Why would you imply that? Nintendo has made good use of the GamePad this year. It's just Microsoft/Mojang being silly here.

Edit: Oh, just saw the :p. Never mind me :p

Think you've slightly answered your own question there :rolleyes:

I'm back to contemplating if I'll ever purchase this, but fairly sure now such a decision would be made for another system.

This version had one job! ONE JOB!

KrraOiO.gif

What a misstep. Hilarious!

But that said...

Minecraft: Wii U Edition isn’t going to allow you to manage your inventory on the Wii U GamePad from the get-go.

That gives the impression that it's planned for a future update or something.

Should have been there from the get-go, but maybe it could redeem itself.

Edited by Glen-i

To be fair, Nintendo have been heavily using the GamePad to great success this year, what with Xenoblade, Splatoon, Mario Maker etc.

Mario Maker definitely. Splatoon less so, could easily be done without the gamepad. I guess the Wii U is pretty much dead now, but if mario maker came earlier, even minecraft, maybe nintendo would have been more forceful in making them put inventory management into it.

Just weird as it's such an obvious inclusion. Almost makes the Wii U one a superior one. But no... crazy. Oh well. I don't care anyway.

Mario Maker definitely. Splatoon less so, could easily be done without the gamepad. I guess the Wii U is pretty much dead now, but if mario maker came earlier, even minecraft, maybe nintendo would have been more forceful in making them put inventory management into it.

Can't let this by.

The thought of having to quick jump using buttons is horrifying. And it's great for keeping track of what part of the map needs attention.

It's the only thing I like about the damn game!

Can't let this by.

The thought of having to quick jump using buttons is horrifying. And it's great for keeping track of what part of the map needs attention.

It's the only thing I like about the damn game!

Having a DPAD button press attached to each FRIEND is absolutely fine, and you can have the map on the tele already. They're nice on the gamepad, but FAR from essential

Having a DPAD button press attached to each FRIEND is absolutely fine, and you can have the map on the tele already. They're nice on the gamepad, but FAR from essential

How would you know where said friend is exactly?

There is no way you can get a map on the TV with enough detail to reliably inform you of that player's location with just a glance.

You'd be reduced to pressing a D-Pad direction and praying that they're in the location you're hoping for. And that's not very fun.