NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Ni No Kuni II (PS4)

Looks awesome. I've got waaay too many games to work through at the moment though. :(

I ended up preordering the PC version. I’m really looking forward to playing it next week!

19 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

I ended up preordering the PC version. I’m really looking forward to playing it next week!

Let me know your thoughts on it, loved the first game and it looks like the total overhaul on the combat this time round could make this one even better.

Depending on whether I can trade in Overwatch and Madden 18 to get Ni No Kuni II for 10 bucks, I'll pre-order it tomorrow.

Only listened to the final verdict of the Easy Allies review. Kinda sad that the game is only around 30 hours long...

Anyway, I'm off to pre-ordering it :D

Edit: Aaaaand pre-ordered. Can't wait :)

Edited by drahkon

I'd love to play an action/adventure game with this art style. Or a different type of RPG for that matter.

Unfortunately the combat system does nothing for me :(

Despatched.

Combat is a different system from the first game but will post here. 

Ok so, this only based on the opening sequences:

Combat is seamless and in real time! But also quite fast paced. You will kill enemies in seconds(no RPG sponges so far!). You can combo in attacks so its more like a 3d action game so far. My opinion is that it is far better than Witcher 3, Dragon age Inqiusition and FFXV when it comes to combat already. 

Presentation is great. The Studio Ghibli feel is all there. Art style is lovely. Joe Hisashi doing his magic with the music. Technically it seems simple so far but its running at a smooth 60 fps. Not fully voice acted but still charming. You have to save at save points. 

I am liking it a lot more than the first game so far :D 

Edited by Choze

Finally found the time to start this. Only 30 minutes in. So far I can say: The game is bloody gorgeous, the music is magical and the battle system is awesome (but very basic so far, obviously).

That's it for now. Back to playing :D

Edit: The music...:love:

Edited by drahkon

Now that its unlocked on Steam I've played about an hour so far. Seems pretty good. The first minute or so though were a hell of a surprisingly way to start a game like this!

Gotta love those characterdesigns!

8762A6822393002E3D5B7E24F4C6BB9974E00935

Edited by Happenstance
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Game is excellent. Its very very polished. Reminds me of Nintendo's polished games. Combat is great. Happy to say that. There is even a strategy mini game element which is fun. 

The game is very respectful of your time. You get a lot done in an hour. Combat is fast unlike other single player RPG. Dialogue is not all over the place. 

Only odd thing is some text situations are too fast in certain places. Its an easy game so far but I am not that far in. Locations are nice, its an easy game to like!

27 minutes ago, Choze said:

Only odd thing is some text situations are too fast in certain places.

And too small. But that might just be my personal issue :D

Anyway, it's such a fun game. 3 hours in and it's simply a joy to play, even if it is very easy.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, drahkon said:

Anyway, it's such a fun game. 3 hours in and it's simply a joy to play, even if it is very easy.

I am am at 7 hours and the game is still adding gameplay mechanics and features. :D Died a few times too. Combat gets tougher. Kingdom building should be interesting...

• Like 1

On 23/03/2018 at 7:57 PM, drahkon said:

It's not just you - the text is way too small. I don't understand it either, there's plenty of screen space to make it bigger. It moves too fast at times as well which doesn't help as I have to focus to read it. Hope they fix that. it's probably impossible to read using a Vita for remote play.

Yeah, the small texts are annoying but should be fixable quite easily. Hope the devs are on it.

7 hours in now. Finally have access to the Kingdom Building mechanics. Really enjoying everything the game has to offer. :) Battles are still very easy, but I like to engage in fights with enemies who have a higher level than me quite regularly. These battles aren't easy at all. :D But very fun!

I'm about 4 or 5 hours into the game now. Its funny, in the first one I complained about it being a bit too "twee" but I've actually found myself missing that a bit this time around. Its still a really nice game but it does feel like its missing a bit of that Ghibli charm.

Yeah am quite far in. The game is focused on building your kingdom right now. Am finding some of the battles hard... 

Still on the eastern continent. 

Decided I don't really like the skirmishes in this. I'm only still doing them because I worry that I'll get further in the game and be underleveled.

• Like 1

Agreed. The game didnt need skirmishes. I just over level or use the boosts so far. 

Am on the other continent. I am at the 24 hours mark. Seems like there is plenty to do yet.

13 hours in and I only just found out that Tani can steal items from enemies...Roland has always been the character I controlled during battle. That changes now :D

I need to look into upgrading equipment and skills but I'm saving money to get the spell to open blue chests...gonna take some more time.

Phew. Had a major session yesterday. 27 hours played in total now :D

Finished Chapter 6 and the game opened up even more. :)

Still loving everything.

I’m finding it harder to go back to. Not really caring about the characters or story, neither are gripping me.

3 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

I’m finding it harder to go back to. Not really caring about the characters or story, neither are gripping me.

I'd say stop playing and sell it. Pretty sure it's not going to change.

I for one enjoy all the little stories that you play through in the kingdoms. I even like some of the side quest stories.