NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Ni No Kuni II (PS4)

I'm delighted! I didn't get a chance to play the first on PS3 and @Eenuh badly wants to play it. Happy that the second is coming to PS4. :D

If they somehow give us the ability to play the first on PS4, that would be amazing. :D

EDX6X86.png

Just announced at the conference.

LOVED the original and I'm well happy with this announcement.

Yeeeees!

What a wonderful and charming game the first one was. I imagine if they tighten the battle system of the first game up a little we will be in for such a treat. The first game was honestly like playing through a Gibli film.

This news has made my day. :D

Oh wow! :D

Day one purchase for certain, I loved the first game, though I still need to go back and finish it again following me second PS3 console failing on me but I would play the first game from the start again for certain before this comes out. :)

I wasn't a huge fan of the original, but I'm glad to see the series continue!

This is gonna be weird without Studio Ghibli's involvement... (I wonder if any of the SG staff are involved in this one, despite the studio being mothballed) It does look like they've done a good job recapturing the original game's look though!

... Still, at least Jo Hisaishi is providing the music, which will of course sound amazing :)

Edited by Dcubed

Just caught this on facebook. Whilst I never finished the originally(probably didn't make all that much progress) there was something absolutely lovely and charming about it - lived up to its Ghibli involvement - I'll be highly likely to pick this sequel up at some point!

Sometimes I think about playing a Final Fantasy game but then I remember I could spend the same time playing a good JRPG like this. :heh:

I have the original but never played it. Not a he RPG fan, but the style of it all is just perfect in my eyes. Inspired to give it a go in the new year I reckon!!

The voice acting [as well as - ironically - lack of it for rolls of text,] in Ni No Kuni turned me off the game within the first hour. Thankfully this seems better.

Although I feel like I should give the first game another try. I find it hard to get into turn based RPG's though.

Wonder if the first game will also follow suit...

I hope so, I'd love an easier way to play the first game.

In addition, Bandai Namco has confirmed that Ni No Kuni II will be getting a simultaneous worldwide release, so English speakers won't have to wait quite as long as they did for Ni Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch. Fans of the previous game may recall that Ni No Kuni didn't released January 2013—more than a year after the original release.

Good stuff. :yay:

Now that the release date is out of the way....Ni No Kuni Remaster for PS4. K, thanks.