NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Beast

Customer Service: Retail Fails

We all have them, we all work them and we all have a lot of stories. Share them! Here's mine;

I was given some money for Christmas to spend on games. I got some games but I really needed a controller because wireless does my head in. Anyway, I walk in to find some Star Wars ones and a Captain Phasma one caught my eye. It was labelled £24.99 so I thought "Why the fuck not?" so I bought it, happy with my find considering a lot of bitches are charging £40 and shit.

So I go up to the counter and put my controller down to buy.

So the dude I'm being served by has a stank-ass attitude and was saying "£39.99!!!" abruptly.

I know this bitch ain't speaking to me with this attitude on him but I let it go. I worked retail before and know the pains so I ignored it and politely said "I'm sorry but it says £24.99 on the box, could you possibly check it again please? I thought it--"

"Well, it has £39.99 here so..." he says snotty as fuck.

At this point, shit is lost. "I'm not liking your presence right now, could you maybe lower your tone an octave or two?"

Anyway, he says "You buying it or not?!" so I said "Not, but I do want to speak to the manager in charge of this shop because I'm not about to take no attitude from you, I haven't got the time of day for it"

He refused at first but the manager came out and asked what the problem was so I said that it was £24.99 on the box but was asked for £39.99 and that I'd have just refused the sale anyway and moved on but this 'rude, little boy' needs to learn manners. A nice woman behind me backed me up and she complained too and said he shouldn't speak to me the way he did.

Anyway, the manager apologised and gave me it at that price.

I looked at the snotty brat and said "THAT'S good customer service, learn from your manager and grow up!"

Walked out.

Anyway, got home and found this; http://www.game.co.uk/en/captain-phasma-lead-trooper-xbox-one-controller-only-at-game-753363

IT WAS £25 ANYWAY!

I don't know if it's still the case, but Game's online and retail stores are actually different companies and there is likely to be price discrepancies between them so finding it online for £25 doesn't suggest it should have been that price in store.

I really needed a controller because wireless does my head in.

I feel this is the most baffling part of the story! How on earth does wireless do your head in?!

I feel this is the most baffling part of the story! How on earth does wireless do your head in?!

Used to really bug me in the event of battery failings, so I've generally always been wired. Exception is a wireless with a super-long cable that it doesn't matter(ie wii u gamepad) or a controller with a super good battery life on a recharge(ps3/ps4 been good for that) - never liked battery specific pads though, even though that should ofc give me great flexibility of sorts.

Also seconding Ashley - game online/in store are completely different prices and they don't care. There's something somewhere saying they won't neccessarily be the same.

This is the bit I zoomed in on, too.

Wireless is fucking magical. Hate wires, srsly. Plugging in guitar cables and shit into amps, pedal, etc is tedious as fuck when you've got wires all over the place. It's a living hell.

Used to really bug me in the event of battery failings, so I've generally always been wired. Exception is a wireless with a super-long cable that it doesn't matter(ie wii u gamepad) or a controller with a super good battery life on a recharge(ps3/ps4 been good for that) - never liked battery specific pads though, even though that should ofc give me great flexibility of sorts.

Rummy has hit the nail on the head. Every charge and play kit I've ever had, the wire has been too short or when I charge it properly, it lasts for a couple of hours and then I need to charge it again even though it specifically says it'll last for four hours. Wireless sucks balls! Give me a controller with a long wire any day. Besides, I don't get why you would need wireless in the first place. Wires do not bother me at all. I don't get tangled in them for shit.

This is the bit I zoomed in on, too.

Wireless is fucking magical. Hate wires, srsly. Plugging in guitar cables and shit into amps, pedal, etc is tedious as fuck when you've got wires all over the place. It's a living hell.

See, wires everywhere when it comes to consoles and DVDs and shit is different but a wire coming out of your console to play on your controller requires one wire. It's impossible to tangle it!...well, unless you have four controllers but you should keep your shit untangled in the first place, haha. :)

I had a similar experience in GAME last week. My friend went to buy an amiibo that had an £11.99 sticker on it, it scanned in at £15 so my friend asked why it's not 11.99 and the cashier took the label off and said it had been mis-labelled. So we just didn't buy it and went somewhere else.

I don't think I've ever had an overly moody person at a shop but if I did I just wouldn't go back there, you don't know what's got someone to the point of being a dick throughout the day so it's best just to leave it and move on IMO instead of escalating it more (though I guess this is why I miss out on a lot of deals and shit as I never complain even if service is bad :p)

Sign in to follow this