NEurope
Beast

Name some good Xbox One games, new or old

Right guys, here's the 411: My Dad has given me £100 to spend on games. I want to know what I can get. 3 rules:

1. They have to be available in shops. Online is not a choice.

2. Cheap as possible. Pre-owned is great and I go into CEX regularly.

3. I don't want Fallout 4 (not much of a Fallout 3 fan) and I don't want Battlefront (I love Star Wars but I hate the fact it's multiplayer only. I like a good story game).

Here are the games I do have:

DISC:

- Rise of the Tomb Raider

- Battlefield: Hardline

- Halo: The Master Chief Collection

- Halo 5: Guardians

- Dying Light

- Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

- The Witcher 3

- The Evil Within

- Destiny: The Taken King

- Alien Isolation

DOWNLOADS:

- Rare Replay

- Minecraft

- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare

- The Walking Dead: Season 1

- The Walking Dead: Season 2

- Game of Thrones: Season 1

- Rayman Legends

- Dark Dreams Don't Die: D4

- Worms: Battleground

Is Black Ops III worth a go?

Edited by Animal

Rise of the Tomb Raider If you've played the first reboot already then why not buy the sequel? It's exclusive until next year as well. : peace:

I'd be telling you how good it is but I'm still finishing the first one, which is also very good... so if you don't have either then why not get both? :)

If you don't like Tomb Raider though then I guess this doesn't help. :heh:

Sunset Overdrive Another solid exclusive, cheaper now as well, a good, fun open-world - but more focused - game.

Forza 6 If you like driving games that is, very enjoyable from what I've played.

Black Ops III is probably worth a go but I'd get it pre-owned if you can to save money on it because I don't think any Call of Duty game is worth full RRP personally.

Also you might want to consider getting The Evil Within if you haven't played it on other platforms yet, it's suppose to be good.

I hope this sort of helps at least. :D

I'll second Sunset Overdrive. It's low priced now and a solid and fun game. Nothing groundbreaking, but that doesn't matter much.

Destiny is good if you have others on your list playing it.

Forza series is always a solid choice if you like racing sims.

Otherwise near as I can tell you've mostly got the best games. Gears of War Ultimate, but if you don't care about multiplayer you can easily still appreciate the original release.

I'm a bit biased in a way. I don't care about the majority of the exclusives and get multiplats elsewhere. I literally only have GoS Halo MCC Rare Replay and Sunset Overdrive. I can't bring myself to care about anything else on the system yet. (Ever since D4 got a PC port)

Rise of the Tomb Raider If you've played the first reboot already then why not buy the sequel? It's exclusive until next year as well. : peace:

I'd be telling you how good it is but I'm still finishing the first one, which is also very good... so if you don't have either then why not get both? :)

If you don't like Tomb Raider though then I guess this doesn't help. :heh:

Sunset Overdrive Another solid exclusive, cheaper now as well, a good, fun open-world - but more focused - game.

Forza 6 If you like driving games that is, very enjoyable from what I've played.

Black Ops III is probably worth a go but I'd get it pre-owned if you can to save money on it because I don't think any Call of Duty game is worth full RRP personally.

Also you might want to consider getting The Evil Within if you haven't played it on other platforms yet, it's suppose to be good.

I hope this sort of helps at least. :D

It does. I've got Tomb Raider on my list. I played the shit out of the first one on the 360 and I have it on One as well.

I like driving games but Forza 6 can wait until it goes cheaper. I'm never that desperate for driving games.

Sunset Overdrive I've played before and I didn't like it on my own and I didn't know anyone with it. If anyone here has it and wants to play, I'll definitely buy it again!

Sorry, I forgot to add The Evil Within and Destiny: TKK to the list of games I have. Both were purchases I made from buying games for myself, haha.

I think you're right about Black Ops III. It's still £35-£40 so I think I'll wait.

I'm new to Xbox but my next purchase is

Ori and the blind forest.

I've been hearing so much about this game. I think I might give it a go!

I'd put forward Gears of War Ultimate Edition, if you're into Gears at all. And if you like a good bargain, if you play it before 31st Dec you'll get the other four on Xbox 360 backwards compatibility!

I'd also say Wolfenstein: The New Order. Not an exclusive, but what a game. A friend lent it to me, insisting I give it a proper go. Played the first few chapters, ummed and ahhed...then it just became this brilliant, brilliant, story driven game! Still my favourite Xbox One game. And then I bought it for a friend for his birthday, and the exact same thing happened :)

So if you like a good single player experience (there is no multiplayer) I'd really suggest giving that a go :)

Ryse

I'm not kidding about this. The game got harshly reviewed by the critics but I loved the game to bits. It had a great story, fantastic visuals and a good attack system, especially on higher difficulties.

It was a launch title for the One so you will probably be able to get it for less than a tenner now.

@Animal if you bought TTK within the last seven days, you could find another Xbox Destiny player (not sure if there's any on here) and do the Refer a Friend scheme to get some bonus quests with unique gear.

@Animal if you bought TTK within the last seven days, you could find another Xbox Destiny player (not sure if there's any on here) and do the Refer a Friend scheme to get some bonus quests with unique gear.

That wouldn't be possible. Most of the time is spent with my Grandad but the time I do get, I'm able to go out for a bit and stretch my legs and stuff. Besides, when I'm able to play anyway, nobody would be on.

Today, I bought Rise of the Tomb Raider and Battlefield: Hardline.

Ryse looks pretty bad-ass and I like games like that so I'll pick it up if I see it. Sunset Overdrive was fun but like I said, I'd have to get it when others have it too because it's a bit boring on your own. I wanted Gears of War but £20 for a game I already own on the 360 seems a bit much to me. Wolfenstein looks so good but what about Old Order?

Has anybody here played The Wolf Among Us? I love Telltale games and own The Walking Dead and Game of Thrones. I thought about getting Minecraft but not Borderlands. Wolf does look right up my street. Is it good?

Please keep the suggestions coming, guys. They're super helpful.

You don't have to play with anyone, just click on someone's link and connect your accounts within 7 days of activating the DLC. I dunno if there's even any die hard Destiny Xbox fans on here but the stuff you get is kinda cool (a sword!)

Tomb Raider is a solid choice :) still the one thing tempting me towards the Xbox....

You don't have to play with anyone, just click on someone's link and connect your accounts within 7 days of activating the DLC. I dunno if there's even any die hard Destiny Xbox fans on here but the stuff you get is kinda cool (a sword!)

Tomb Raider is a solid choice :) still the one thing tempting me towards the Xbox....

Okay so I'm only armed with a laptop right now and I think I'm on my sixth day so how do I activate this? I haven't actually played the game yet but I'm downloading or have downloaded the DLC. How do I do it?

Okay so I'm only armed with a laptop right now and I think I'm on my sixth day so how do I activate this? I haven't actually played the game yet but I'm downloading or have downloaded the DLC. How do I do it?

Paging @Guy - the only Xbone N-E Destiny player that springs to mind.

Guy if you have TTK and it interests you at all: just go to http://bungie.net/raf and get a link to send to Animal :)

Paging @Guy - the only Xbone N-E Destiny player that springs to mind.

Guy if you have TTK and it interests you at all: just go to http://bungie.net/raf and get a link to send to Animal :)

Hey dudes, this sounds good to me. Thanks for the heads up @Shorty.

@Animal, I've PMed you a refer a friend link! Hope it comes in handy.

Apparently I've not linked Destiny to my account. I've definitely entered the code into my Xbox though. Would I actually have to play it or is it just to download it onto your account?

Also, I've bought Wolfenstein: The New Order as well as a Captain Phasma wired controller! :D