NEurope
Hero-of-Time

PlayStation Experience 5th-6th Dec 2015

8 games launching at 8pm Saturday, including Dark Cloud, Rogue Galaxy and the GTA Trilogy

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/12/04/8-fan-favourite-ps2-games-launch-on-ps4-tomorrow/

No idea on pricing (some people are not happy with having to pay 3x for a game), but expect news on that later Saturday.

Amazing list of games. I can't believe Vice City is in there! Easily the best GTA game. Man, I'm quite spoiled for choice. :D

Literally never heard of any of those.... Did I miss out on some special titles or are they pretty niche?

Surprised you've never heard of Dark Cloud. We even had a forum member named after the game, yeeeeears ago.

So, the PS4 basically has its own Virtual Console now?

I remember Dark Cloud well, we were good mates :) but I thought it was just like the FFVII version of Dark Link.

I remember Dark Cloud well, we were good mates :) but I thought it was just like the FFVII version of Dark Link.

I initially thought that, before a friend pointed out to me that she was playing through Dark Cloud on PS2 and then I remember seeing copies of it in GAME a few days later. (might have been another game store)

Surprised you've never heard of Dark Cloud. We even had a forum member named after the game, yeeeeears ago.

So, the PS4 basically has its own Virtual Console now?

In a way, yes. Just need access to PSOne titles for the PS4 and we are set (i know we can get them via the Vita)

Literally never heard of any of those.... Did I miss out on some special titles or are they pretty niche?

I would say Mark of Kri is pretty special. The art direction, animation, voice acting and story are fantastic. It's what I imagine Disney would do if asked to make a God of War style game. Highly recommended.

War of the Monsters has a strong following but I never really seen the appeal.

Rogue Galaxy is a Level 5 JRPG. I played it back in the day but never finished it. I remember it having gorgeous graphics for a PS2 game. The soundtrack was pretty awesome as well.

Get off my lawn and go and play some games!

You should join us in the party chat Cooky!

Final Fantasy looks freaking amazing! :yay:

The live stream has been unbearable to watch because of all the screaming. I'm just going to catch up with the news in the morning.

I just read this, Rogue Galaxy coming tomorrrow and with trophy support. I loved that game.

I see a lot of people complaining about them not being free if you own the disc, but I don't have a working PS2 anymore(and I would have to reaquire a modded one anyway, Rogue Galaxy never arrived in Europe) and I'd happily pay for the trophy support.

Edit: Bought and downloaded, as soon as it hit the store when the product information was written in Hungarish or whatever :D Sunday is going to be a great day after a rather dissapointing week with JC3.

Edited by Tales

That was a shocker of a presentation, absolutely nothing there of any interest to me personally. Oh well.

That was a shocker of a presentation, absolutely nothing there of any interest to me personally. Oh well.

Ni No Kuni 2 is about the most colourful game you can get on this console. No interest? ;)

Well I was very happy with it. Lots I plan to buy, including quite a few of the PSVR games. Such a shame about the Tron-esque demo messing up, I felt terrible for them watching it live.

Yakuza 5 date + Yakuza 0 localisation already makes it a great show for me. Ni No Kuni II was the icing on the cake. :grin:

Such a shame about the Tron-esque demo messing up, I felt terrible for them watching it live.
Major flashback to Nintendo's E3 Skyward Sword showing. :blush: Surprised anyone even attempts these kind of live demos anymore. :hmm:

I'm still not really sold on VR, but loved this: :D

I initially thought that, before a friend pointed out to me that she was playing through Dark Cloud on PS2 and then I remember seeing copies of it in GAME a few days later. (might have been another game store)

So I had a think about this and I'm pretty sure that Dark Cloud made his account before this game came out :p and had a slightly evil looking Cloud Strife as an avatar.

So I had a think about this and I'm pretty sure that Dark Cloud made his account before this game came out :p and had a slightly evil looking Cloud Strife as an avatar.

I can't remember what his avatar/sig was. All these Japanese characters look the same. /noracist

Dark Cloud was out in 2000/01 I think, so it's not beyond the realms that he played the game, loved it, made his account based on it, created his signature with Cloud looking evil as a dual-meaning type of thing. Can't think of the word.

Eiiiiiither way, I'm still surprised you hadn't heard of the game. Seems to be quite respected amongst PS2-era gamers. I've never played it but am tempted to give it a go.

Just caught up with the news.

FFVII looks awesome.

Ni No Kuni 2 made me jizz.

And Nuclear Throne has been released...fucking finally. Bought it just now : peace:

The PS2 game prices are ridiculous.

Just caught up with the news.

FFVII looks awesome.

Ni No Kuni 2 made me jizz.

And Nuclear Throne has been released...fucking finally. Bought it just now : peace:

The PS2 game prices are ridiculous.

Yeah. It could be worse though - they could be £17.99. :heh:

Just caught up on the news from this over the weekend. Doesn't seem to have been that big on the announcement front.

Ni No Kuni 2 is a great announcement and probably the only big one for me at least. Haven't played the original but really want to and now knowing there's a sequel on the way means that I'll now hightail it and try locate a copy to play through it.

Other than that, it seems like there was a heavy emphasis on PS VR but no actual date for it so a bit odd. The omission of some big titles, like The Witness (which is out in January. Why they hell didn't they show that off a bit to drum up more interest? Quite baffled at that), Tomorrow's Children (even though they've put out a trailer for a beta next year) and Rime (where the hell is this? Wasn't it originally down to be released in 2015? Would have thought there'd at least be a trailer for it or some mention of it) was strange but I guess if they're gonna want to push the VR thing as much as possible.

Happy that I'll get another chance to play Rez though. Not paying out to play it with VR as it's not really necessary but happy to pick it up again for the 3rd time as I love the game that much. Some small talk about parts of that suit they used making their way out as peripherals for it, like the trance pad for the original release, which would be awesome though.

The pricing of the PS2 games is, like others have said, a little out of whack but for another chance to play Vice City I think it's worth it as it's still my favourite GTA.