NEurope
Fierce_LiNk

Alien: Covenant

So, the sequel to Prometheus has been changed from Alien: Paradise Lost to Alien: Covenant. This is the second film in a trilogy that is the prequel to Alien.

Ridley Scott returns to the universe he created in ALIEN with ALIEN: COVENANT, the second chapter in a prequel trilogy that began with PROMETHEUS — and connects directly to Scott’s 1979 seminal work of science fiction. Bound for a remote planet on the far side of the galaxy, the crew of the colony ship Covenant discovers what they think is an uncharted paradise, but is actually a dark, dangerous world — whose sole inhabitant is the “synthetic” David (Michael Fassbender), survivor of the doomed Prometheus expedition.

Release date is October 6 2017.

I don't know what to think. I do wish at times that Prometheus was its own self-contained story and didn't have anything to do with Alien. The original Alien doesn't need a prequel.

I'm possibly the only one who saw Prometheus again and didn't think much of it. Obviously Fassbender is awesome but half of the stuff in the film defied common sense and these are meant to be the best people who have been recruited. If it's more Alien or more Fassbender, I'm signed up.

I hope Fassbender kills any bitches who lack common sense in this one...

Prometheus is a massive stinking pile of shite. This may have a chance if Damon Lindelof isn't anywhere near it, though.

I preferred the idea of the other Alien film that was in production that discounted Alien 3 and Resurrection - it had Ripley, it had Hicks it had a colonial marine vibe but was supposed to be more Alien like - sounds awesome

Prometheus was as daft so eloquently put a pile of shit, so a sequel to that is already considerably worse off in my mind

but who knows maybe it could be good, depends if Fassbender is in it or not, he carried a lot of that film

Neil Blomkamp's Alien 5 has been shelved for the time being as a result, which is a massive shame considering he had Sigourney Weaver on board to return. Hopefully that'll see the light of day once Ridley Scott finishes Prometheus 3/Covenant 2 or whatever it'll be called.

Neil Blomkamp's Alien 5 has been shelved for the time being as a result, which is a massive shame considering he had Sigourney Weaver on board to return. Hopefully that'll see the light of day once Ridley Scott finishes Prometheus 3/Covenant 2 or whatever it'll be called.

at the current rate it will be another 8 years or more, Weaver won't be onboard then neither will Michael Behin purely due to age

Not too fussed. The Alien films are pretty crap to be honest. I watched them for the first time a few weeks back.

Plus Alient Isolation has scared me half to death.

Not too fussed. The Alien films are pretty crap to be honest. I watched them for the first time a few weeks back.

:indeed:

:confused:

:wtf:

:blank:

Guys I think he's serious.

Maybe someone played a cruel joke on him and he's only been watching Resurrection?

The Alien films are pretty crap to be honest.

200.gif

200.gif

200.gif

Are you fucking high right now?

He can't have watched Alien and Aliens, he must have only seen Alien three, Alien Ressurection and the Alien Vs Predator films all the crap ones

Alien - boring, not enough explosions and gore, crap graphics

Aliens - crap graphics but pretty exciting. Lots of explosions. This is the best one

Alien 3 - boring location, boring characters, weird

Alien Ressurection - absolutely dog shit, fucking weird.

Basically a crap series.

@Blade knows nothing of decent films!

He fell asleep during Scarface because "there weren't enough explosions".

When it comes to film, he's a lost cause!

but you like Alien isolation which is a homage to Alien, same suspensful omnipresent unkillable alien :wtf:

Alien and Aliens are masterpieces for very different reasons. Both have absolute edge of your seat climax sequences and showcase some of the finest moments in sci-fi cinema history.

The Alien 3 assembly/workprint cut is troubled, but vastly superior to the theatrical version.

Everything after, bar the Isolation game and the hilarious Colonial Marines gifs, has been dire.

Graphics?? It had practical effects/prosthetics! It's a horror/thriller... so why would it have a lot of explosions. I can only assume you're trying to wind me up by saying "graphics" :p

Edited by Shorty

Graphics?? It had practical effects/prosthetics! It's a horror/thriller... so why would it have a lot of explosions. I can only assume you're trying to wind me up by saying "graphics" :p

Seriously Shorty, this is what Blade is like when it comes to film. Really.

Isn't it true @Zechs Merquise?!

Aliens - crap graphics but pretty exciting. Lots of explosions. This is the best one

Basically a crap series.

200.gif

200.gif

200.gif

Seriously? You don't like Alien because of the lack of explosions? And gore? The film is iconic, it's the perfect thriller. Hence why Alien Isolation is so, soooo good because it's essentially the film in game format.

Also, put me in the ALIEN3 is awesome camp. :D

Also also, Alien is awesome because they used a lot of real shit. They built sets and used models, it's wonderfully crafted. The Alien itself is a work of art, with H.R. Giger (greatest of all time) really going to town in creating that biomechanical look of the alien. The suit is incredible and makes the alien look like a real creature. It's wonderfully shot. Pisses all over a lot of the so-called horror shit that you see today.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

The series (yes, even Resurrection) is also layered and very deep, thematically. Touching on themes such as rape, feminism and motherhood. The directors cut of Alien3 is great, featuring a young, yet still creepy Charles Dance, (Tywin Lannister). It also took Ripley, a feminist icon and stuck in an all-male prison.

And "graphics"? Like.. what?

Alien Ressurection - absolutely dog shit, fucking weird.

Basically a crap series.

I'll disagree with your summary of Alien. It was a genuinely interesting, thoughtful and well-made movie. It lacked action, but it wasn't supposed to be an action movie.

Aliens - one of my favourite movies ever.

Alien 3 - I can't stomach the film because of the way they killed Newt and Hicks off-screen. You spent so much time investing emotionally in those characters and then they died before the movie even began. I'm sorry, but I can never get past that horrific act of disrespect to fans of the second film. It frames absolutley everything that follows on.

Resurrection - Too many survivors: Way too many redshirts at the beginning, then it ends with a large group making it through. Also, there were just so many ridiculous moments - the baldy miner guy with the alien inside him killing the baldy doctor guy with the chest-burster; the strange, sexuality of the alien queen with Ripley; swimming aliens and people with amazing lung capacity; aliens killing aliens so their acid blood will melt the cage...

Prometheus - I didn't recognise half the people who were killed off in the movie. It was: suddenly there are two guys who go left behind, oh no! (Yeah, well they're dead, but who cares because they've had virtually no screen time). The pilots on the ship made this huge noble sacrifice... but other than the guy from Pacific Rim, they were one-dimensional nobodies. Also, the plot didn't make a lot of sense in general terms.

For me, the series ended after Aliens. Everything else was just a cash-in.

Man, I think this looks rough. I think I need to accept that the franchise is never gonna recapture the high that was Aliens.