NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Pokemon Red, Blue & Yellow (3DS Virtual Console)

The slot machine chances change each time you load up a machine.

You've got a good one. Don't leave until you have the 9999 Coins for Porygon

The slot machine chances change each time you load up a machine.

You've got a good one. Don't leave until you have the 9999 Coins for Porygon

I've got an alternative theory...

tumblr_nt8vgfzVRH1qj4315o1_500.gif

You must have JavaScript enabled on your device to view Miiverse posts that have been embedded in a website. View post in Miiverse

It's the only explanation!

8'D Oooh I know it's random. This is just kinda scary though. As Glen can vouch I've gotten another 2 triple bars since his last post too. Though as i'm distracted by all the lures of the game corner Glen is catching up to me and preparing for our second battle after getting our fourth gym badges.

Well, @Ugh first aid and I had our second battle after 4 badges.

This time, I won! Thanks to a mixture of half her team not being fully evolved and my new Hypno and it's ridiculous Special stat.

It'll be interesting to see where it'll swing at 6 badges. We'll both have a full team and they'll all be fully evolved by that point, so it'll be far more fair.

That said, my Nidoking still utterly failed to beat her Nidoqueen.

Stupid Nidoqueen and her stupid distracting assets and her stupid body slamming making Nidoking not want to even try and dodge it.

I'm starting to see why this got a PEGI 12... And now I feel like my Nidoking is the true winner here...

Is there a reason why you are not playing with a full team yet? Because even at 4 badges, 6 'mon would be easy to get. And yeah, the Nido's are great, I think the King will win though when you teach him a proper ground move. Still like the Queen more. ;)

One thing which I noticed now that I'm playing through Pokémon X, is that the caves have gotten WAY easier! Nothing compared to Seafoam Islands or R/B/Y Victory Road.

Aw man, I would love to jump into the first generation again, maybe I should just buy it. On the other hand, maybe replaying LeafGreen is a better idea. But it is cool how much great response a 20 year old game is getting.

Is there a reason why you are not playing with a full team yet? Because even at 4 badges, 6 'mon would be easy to get. And yeah, the Nido's are great, I think the King will win though when you teach him a proper ground move. Still like the Queen more. ;)

One thing which I noticed now that I'm playing through Pokémon X, is that the caves have gotten WAY easier! Nothing compared to Seafoam Islands or R/B/Y Victory Road.

Aw man, I would love to jump into the first generation again, maybe I should just buy it. On the other hand, maybe replaying LeafGreen is a better idea. But it is cool how much great response a 20 year old game is getting.

Yeah, wait until I get the Earthquake TM. Then I'm sure to get the upper hand.

Unless @Ugh first aid has the same idea, which she probably does, because she only has one Ground type.

Whenever me and her replay old Pokemon games, we tend to have a team we wanna try already thought out, so why waste EXP on Pokemon we're just gonna inevitably replace? And considering how slow Gen 1 is compared to the newer ones, we want to avoid as much grinding as possible.

We did set two rules for ourselves though.

- No legendaries (That includes the birds, we always have that rule though)

- Until we finish our fifth and final "Championship Battle" we have to use the Pikachu we got from Oak. If you're gonna play Yellow, you've gotta do it properly.

That said, I now have my sixth Pokemon, a Cubone that I nicknamed Jasper. Naturally I immediately leveled it up to the rest of my team, so it's a Marowak now. And it wins the reward for "Dodgiest Back Sprite on my team"

It's got massive spikes on it's back and I have no idea why!

Is there any other way to get Porygon? I got a few BAR's last night and managed to get a couple of hundred coins up, but kept playing the machine and eventually lost all my money. Is there any trick to it at all @Serebii?

I'm pretty sure there is another way to get Porygon...can't remember how though.

Is there any other way to get Porygon?

Not in RBY.

Most people just pay for the coins, to be honest.

Ah yeah, buying the coins outright. That's what I did.

Okay, thanks guys. Thought i'd have to end up doing that anyway but was hopeful of getting on a hot streak last night and being able to get him now, rather than when i've beaten the elite four a few times.

V7Et6MB.gif?forcedesktop=1

Has this been posted here yet? Seems a appropriate place for it.

V7Et6MB.gif?forcedesktop=1

Has this been posted here yet? Seems a appropriate place for it.

Damn. That got to me.

A massive chunk of my childhood just flashed before my very eyes.

Nice. I only imported Red although I wanted all of them. Which reminds me, mine hasn't arrived yet.