NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Pokemon Red, Blue & Yellow (3DS Virtual Console)

Whelp! Now we know how they're gonna balance Mega Rayray! (funny, we were literally just talking about that the other day :laughing: )

We do have the lamest conversations, don't we?

Also, you know full well they won't allow you to put Missingo/over Lv 100 Pokemon in Bank. Don't kid yourself.

We do have the lamest conversations, don't we?

Also, you know full well they won't allow you to put Missingo/over Lv 100 Pokemon in Bank. Don't kid yourself.

You know that Nintendo/TPC spy on us! That's why they fixed everything we wanted in going from Gates to Infinity to Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon and that's why they'll give you a cool little glitch symbol on Pokemon Bank when you try and transfer Missingno to it ;) (just like how they acknowledged you transferring Pokemon from RSE all the way through to ORAS)

Oh! BTW. Something awesome!

http://www.ntower.de/News/40193-Virtual-Console-Version-von-Pok%C3%A9mon-Gelb-enth%C3%A4lt-Minispiel-Pikachus-Strand/

PikachusStrand3DSVC.jpg

Apparently the Surfing Pikachu minigame in Pokemon Yellow is now accessible without having to have Surfing Pikachu transferred from Pokemon Stadium!

Edited by Dcubed

You know that Nintendo/TPC spy on us! That's why they fixed everything we wanted in going from Gates to Infinity to Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon and that's why they'll give you a cool little glitch symbol on Pokemon Bank when you try and transfer Missingno to it ;) (just like how they acknowledged you transferring Pokemon from RSE all the way through to ORAS)

Oh! BTW. Something awesome!

http://www.ntower.de/News/40193-Virtual-Console-Version-von-Pok%C3%A9mon-Gelb-enth%C3%A4lt-Minispiel-Pikachus-Strand/

PikachusStrand3DSVC.jpg

Apparently the Surfing Pikachu minigame in Pokemon Yellow is now accessible without having to have Surfing Pikachu transferred from Pokemon Stadium!

Nice! Was more worried about that than Missingno.

Is Pokemon bank a bit like Pokemon Box but in the cloud?

What games are compatible with it?

Extremely excited to purchase all of these tomorrow. Aiming to complete the Dex in all three, complete White 2, and get into the competitive scene by the end of the year (my 20th Anniversary resolution)

Is Pokemon bank a bit like Pokemon Box but in the cloud?

What games are compatible with it?

Games that can transport only to Bank are the new VC titles (Red, Blue and Yellow) and the Gen V games (Black, White, Black 2 and White 2). Note that the former will be unable to transfer to the system until the update for Moon and Sun is rolled out.

Games that can currently transport to and from Bank are the Gen VI games (X, Y, Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire), and the newly announced Gen VII titles (Sun and Moon) should be included in this list too.

Best bit is that these are just the PEGI 3 ones! Just wait till we get to PEGI 7 and 12 in the next two articles ;)

Typically, games that don't come out amongst the standard releases on a Thursday tend to get released at midnight on their respective dates, so I would guess that this also applies to RBY here.

Games are out in Japan and it's past Midnight there so looking good for Midnight here.

Playing Green now!

Extremely excited to purchase all of these tomorrow. Aiming to complete the Dex in all three, complete White 2, and get into the competitive scene by the end of the year (my 20th Anniversary resolution)

Games that can transport only to Bank are the new VC titles (Red, Blue and Yellow) and the Gen V games (Black, White, Black 2 and White 2). Note that the former will be unable to transfer to the system until the update for Moon and Sun is rolled out.

Games that can currently transport to and from Bank are the Gen VI games (X, Y, Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire), and the newly announced Gen VII titles (Sun and Moon) should be included in this list too.

Once they inevitably add Gen 2 to the 3DS VC and the Gen 3 and 4 games (RSE, FR/LG, DPP, HG/SS, BW/BW2) to the Wii U/NX VC, they'll no doubt join them as well ;)

Cheers for that so for confirmation the Gold/Silver remakes are not compatible with Bank?

As ive said before I have fallen out of love with the games for the past couple of gens. What better time to get back into it with these VC releases!

Once they inevitably add Gen 2 to the 3DS VC and Gen 3 and 4 to the Wii U/NX VC, they'll no doubt join them as well ;)

Well, it's arguable that Gen I needed this to happen, and that Gen II was remade in Gen IV and Pokémon could be transferred through the generations from there.

However, as we all are aware, the Gen I games were remade too, in Gen III.

And I want this to happen.

let it happen

for the children?

Cheers for that so for confirmation the Gold/Silver remakes are not compatible with Bank?

As ive said before I have fallen out of love with the games for the past couple of gens. What better time to get back into it with these VC releases!

The Gold/Silver remakes being Heart Gold and Soul Silver can have Pokémon transferred through the generations (from Gen IV to Gen V using the PokéTransfer Lab, and then from any Gen V title can be transferred to Bank). So no, you can't directly transfer from Gen IV to Bank, but it's possible to do in less than ten minutes with the right tools (the games and two DS systems of any variant).

Edited by Julius Caesar
Automerged Doublepost

Edit: nope. Bloody lies. Midnight it is...

Edited by Dcubed

Just caught Mew using the teleport glitch. His Green sprite sure is ugly.

They even kept that one too. Thought they were going to fix it to make way for events. Good news.

I'll buy then yellow version, but I'm disappointed there's no wifi trading. Incomplete Pokedex :cry:

Edited by Tales

Pokemon Red, Blue and Yellow are now out on the 3DS eShop!

And not only that, but so is my latest instalment of A Matter of Age! (This time we delve into the realm of PEGI 7! We're getting rather nasty now, but we're still lower than Pokemon Red, Blue and Yellow, so these games are all still far more suitable for children than the sick filth that just came out on the 3DS eShop!)

Enjoy! : peace:

Don't know whether to go for Blue, which was my first, where I can use the old man glitch to cheat, or Yellow, which has the fun of Pikachu following, Jessie and James, all three starters and the chance to play Surfing Pikachu for the first time! Logic says Yellow, but... nostalgia!

Im tempter to download Yellow.

Is there anyway to get Mew? I forgot how I got him back in the day

Im tempter to download Yellow.

Is there anyway to get Mew? I forgot how I got him back in the day

You can use a glitch but there is going to be a legitimate way to download Mew from an event using a code at some point.

I have my first full squad in around 17 or so years

JuWobpP.jpg

(Note, Caterpie is actually a Metapod)

Pretty cool that the Miiverse community is shared between every region.

BREAKING NEWS! America dumbfounded by "Absolute gibberish" Miiverse posts!

Anyway, I'm not that hyped for this. I'd rather be playing Super Mystery Dungeon. So I will.

jynx.jpg

Purple Jynx!

Incidentally: http://www.serebii.net/yellow/virtualconsole.shtml

Ha ha! I like how it's a really strong shade of purple, just to make it obvious! :laughing: (Yeah, yeah I know, GBC colour pallete limitations, but still. Tis funny)

Any shots of Jynx in Red/Blue/Green? I wonder if they changed the sprite in those as well...

Also, you might want to mention that the GB Printer is not supported in Pokemon Yellow and that save data can be transferred to Sun/Moon via Pokemon Bank as well ;)

Ha ha! I like how it's a really strong shade of purple, just to make it obvious! :laughing: (Yeah, yeah I know, GBC colour pallete limitations, but still. Tis funny)

Any shots of Jynx in Red/Blue/Green? I wonder if they changed the sprite in those as well...

Also, you might want to mention that the GB Printer is not supported in Pokemon Yellow and that save data can be transferred to Sun/Moon via Pokemon Bank as well ;)

Save data isn't what's transferred so it's not included.

The functionality is a part of Bank, not of RGBY so

As for the other sprites, I got it in Green earlier

CcNwtXUW8AA9hu8.jpg

124-g.png

No change

Save data isn't what's transferred so it's not included.

The functionality is a part of Bank, not of RGBY so

True. Fair enough.

You might still want to mention the lack of GB Printer support though (it's a shame it's not there. Would've been nice to see them do something like what they did with Pokemon Snap on Wii and have it save the images to 3DS Camera)

Cool that you pointed out the altered flashes/strobe effects BTW @Serebii. Most people don't realise that Nintendo actually do make changes to certain stuff like that on Virtual Console :)

As for the other sprites, I got it in Green earlier

CcNwtXUW8AA9hu8.jpg

124-g.png

No change

Heh, I'm surprised that they didn't at least change the shade of grey. Nice to know that Jynx is still a little bit racist :laughing:

Edited by Dcubed

Cool that you pointed out the altered flashes/strobe effects BTW @Serebii. Most people don't realise that Nintendo actually do make changes to certain stuff like that on Virtual Console :)

Well I'm not doing my job if I don't mention it all :)