NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Pokemon Red, Blue & Yellow (3DS Virtual Console)

Well the game didn't include all languages so what did you expect them to do?

To be fair, we've known there would be an increase in price since the announcement :p

tbh for that price I was tempted to get this to help pick up languages/work on improving a couple.. but I'm not buying multiple versions : /

A language select screen, or even defaulting to the system language would have been a nice touch. I know it's not going to bother most people and I doubt it will make a big affect on sales.. but it's certainly lost my interest.

Realistically I know it wouldn't have given me masses of help with languages.. but I may have used it as an excuse to justify the price!

It doesn't really bother me as i'm only fluent in English.

Glad thats still there!

Getting pretty excited for this now. Been so long since I played through Kanto, time to remember how much of a dick Gary Oak is once again.

Getting pretty excited for this now. Been so long since I played through Kanto, time to remember how much of a dick Gary Oak is once again.

Then you need to watch the anime.

Blue is not Gary.

Shut up, it totally matters!

GET IN! :yay:

Pokémon Red, Blue, and Yellow are soon to be available on the 3DS eShop, providing an excellent way of celebrating the 20th anniversary of the franchise. Naturally, there are questions surrounding how well these versions have preserved the originals, and whether or not all the same glitches and bugs are still present. While it still remains to be seen whether or not the infamous 'Mew trick' is still doable, another popular glitch has been proven to still be in the game.

A fan of Nintendo Life named AJ recently posted a video to his YouTube account showing that the famous Pokémon, Missingno, is still possible to encounter in the game. For those of you that have somehow not heard of this, Missingno is a glitch Pokémon that appears after a very certain set of actions are performed. Though it is a bit risky for one's save to catch it, it's nice to know that this popular piece of Pokémon history wasn't edited out for the newer release of the games.

Unlimited amounts of Rare Candies and Master Balls for all! ;)

I fully expected it to be left untouched. Nintendo generally don't fix glitches in these Virtual Console re-releases and the emulation is accurate. But it's still nice to see it intact anyway :)

Oh, BTW. I published a semi related article on the main page. A bit of a tongue in cheek look at games that have a lower PEGI rating than these Virtual Console re-releases.

Enjoy! : peace:

Edited by Dcubed

I find it hilarious that people were worried that it would ever go.

Unless it's a health situation (Flashing images, etc) or a controversial one (Jynx). Virtual Console releases are generally left untouched.

You were all panicking over nothing.

Anyway, that article was great! Nothing funnier than pointing out all the games that have lower ratings than Pokemon Red/Blue!

Edited by Glen-i

Do we know what time exactly these will be going up? Will they be available at Midnight?

Unless it's a health situation (Flashing images, etc) or a controversial one (Jynx). Virtual Conole releases are generally left untouched.

Anyway, that article was great! Nothing funnier than pointing out all the games that have lower ratings than Pokemon Red/Blue!

Best bit is that these are just the PEGI 3 ones! Just wait till we get to PEGI 7 and 12 in the next two articles ;)

Do we know what time exactly these will be going up? Will they be available at Midnight?

Typically, games that don't come out amongst the standard releases on a Thursday tend to get released at midnight on their respective dates, so I would guess that this also applies to RBY here.

oh sweet nostalgia, i remember finding out about this glitch at school it was toy day or something a bunch of us took our game boys to school. Glad it's still in! :)

Unless it's a health situation (Flashing images, etc) or a controversial one (Jynx). Virtual Console releases are generally left untouched.

What did they do to Jynx?

What did they do to Jynx?

JynxN64.png

Jynx in the original N64 version of Pokemon Snap

320px-Jynx_Snap_VC.jpg

Jynx in the Wii Virtual Console version of Pokemon Snap

It will be interesting to see how they get around it in Pokemon Red and Blue, seeing as they have no colour.

Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow will support Pokémon Bank, according to the Nintendo direct.

(didn't someone say that it was "completely incompatible"?)

Edited by Cube

Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow will support Pokémon Bank, according to the Nintendo direct.

(didn't someone say that it was "completely incompatible"?)

Nobody would do that, would they?

giphy.gif

Woah... This is massive.

NO GUARD FISSURE MACHAMP IS GO!?

Machamp more broken than Mega Rayquaza confirmed!

@Serebii, please confirm to us that you're OK! Do you require a Revive!?

DO YOU REQUIRE A REVIVE!?

Wahhh, I have literally zero money so can't buy it tomorrow but that History Of Pokemon video on the direct has me really hyped for this.

http://www.n-europe.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1785560&postcount=40

What if they made an app that transferred them to Pokemon Bank and just randomised the IVs, natures and reset the EVs, but kept the nicknames, moves and items (there aren't any in G/S/C that are inaccessible in Gen 6 are there? Mail? - They could always just disallow Pokemon that are carrying mail ;) )

Or they could just release an update for Poke Transporter and just integrate said function into that...

Either way I reckon that it should be possible if they wanted to, even if it isn't a perfect 1-1 copy (I'm sure most people who are transferring won't care much about EVs/IVs anyway - I mean, those Pokemon all generally would suck in competitive play anyway :p ) Would be pretty awesome to finally be able to move those Pokemon from the old school GB/GBC games over!

Wow! I get to activate Smug Mode twice in as many days?

It must be my birthday or something! :D

Looking forward to putting my Missingno into Bank ;) (and then for its Mega Evolution it becomes 'M!)

Woah... This is massive.

NO GUARD FISSURE MACHAMP IS GO!?

Machamp more broken than Mega Rayquaza confirmed!

@Serebii, please confirm to us that you're OK! Do you require a Revive!?

DO YOU REQUIRE A REVIVE!?

Whelp! Now we know how they're gonna balance Mega Rayray! (funny, we were literally just talking about that the other day :laughing: )

Edited by Dcubed