NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Pokemon Red, Blue & Yellow (3DS Virtual Console)

Looks like the US is getting a special bundle.

CYh0HViWYAAVhNM.jpg:large

Then, on February 27th, a special edition New Nintendo 3DS bundle will launch, which will include two changeable faceplates featuring art from the first two games in the series, Pokemon Red and Blue. The handheld will also feature digital versions of both of those games pre-installed (they'll also be sold separately in the 3DS e-shop) as well as an exclusive Pokemon menu theme. This is only the second version of the smaller, customizable New Nintendo 3DS to be released in North America, following an Animal Crossing version last summer.

Your move, NoE

Your move, NoE

We're getting this...

CYhzZeEWwAEoZZ0.png:orig

Yep, NoA win this round. Purely for the fact it's a new 3DS and it's boss face plates.

Only thing Europe has got going for it is the option to have the colour version of Yellow. (IE The best version of the game)

EDIT: Seems like they're re-releasing the Red Nendoroid as well (In America, at least)

Nendoroid_Red_Trainer.jpg

I actually want this a million times more than the 3DS/2DS bundles.

Pokemon Company are already starting to go ham for it's 20th anniversary

Edited by Glen-i

IS THE RED NENDOROID GETTING RELEASED OUTSIDE OF THE POKEMON CENTER SITE!?

I NEED to know this!! @Serebii! Please tell me that I'll actually be able to import it this time! (and no! I refuse to play the insane eBay prices for it!!)

Why the hell cant they just sell them on the UK Nintendo Store!? Why do the Red Nendoroids have to be so bloody hard to get!?

Yep, NoA win this round. Purely for the fact it's a new 3DS and it's boss face plates.

But ours comes with stickers! Stickers!

I NEED to know this!! @Serebii! Please tell me that I'll actually be able to import it this time! (and no! I refuse to play the insane eBay prices for it!!)

But I thought you were a fan of games that are completely bonkers...

IS THE RED NENDOROID GETTING RELEASED OUTSIDE OF THE POKEMON CENTER SITE!?

Why the hell cant they just sell them on the UK Nintendo Store!? Why do the Red Nendoroids have to be so bloody hard to get!?

anigif_eaa6a580d8aece464ad6ec5fd8670b68-0.gif

Looks like the US is getting a special bundle.

CYh0HViWYAAVhNM.jpg:large

Your move, NoE

So tempted to import that. I want those cover plates.

If 3DS wasn't on its way out, I would without a doubt as it wouldn't hurt to have a US 3DS, but I can't justify it.

Edited by Serebii

Tempted by the yellow 2DS... Do you get a code of the game I could sell on?

It's pre-installed.

Need that Redoroid. This is going to be a horrible quest but I missed the original print and can't miss this one. Scalpers are gonna be all over the lil' guy.

Let's face it, anyone buying the limited edition Pokémon consoles really isn't going to be bothered about the fact that the game is pre-installed, these are Virtual Console games so they will be £5 - £7 each at the most surely? :blank:

It's not like when bundles have full retail digital titles on them worth nearly £30... :indeed:

When I purchased a Majora's Mask New 3DS XL, I already knew I was still going to buy the physical game anyway, the price of the console was just what it was - to me anyway - the inclusion of a digital title doesn't really affect the value either way surely? Maybe it's just me... :heh:

Granted it would be nice to have had them as redeemable codes to give you options but I can't see that being a deal-breaker in this instance. ::shrug:

Oh wow, those US Red/Blue cover plates are insane! It would be kind of Nintendo to at least release the Blastoise one here in the EU.

About the movies: I don't care much for Bluray, with a bit of luck the HD versions show up on Netflix too. And apparently the Blu-Ray does not include the Pikachu shorts, which is a shame.

Pardon my ignorance but what the hell is a Nendoroid?

They're high quality, posable figurines made in a Super Deformed style (big head, small body - like Link in The Wind Waker).

They're made by a Japanese company called Good Smile (who also make the Figma figurines). They're usually available to buy on their website or in various other stores, but the Red Nendoroid in particular is exclusive to the Pokemon Center store; a store that refuses to ship outside the US... making it very hard for anyone who doesn't live there to get their hands on them...

I'm so behind in the Pokemon games that I don't have a clue of what Pokemon in X&Y are decent. Tempted to get this as it will be nostalgic and at least I know the Pokemon.

There are way too many now.

I'm so behind in the Pokemon games that I don't have a clue of what Pokemon in X&Y are decent. Tempted to get this as it will be nostalgic and at least I know the Pokemon.

There are way too many now.

It's funny. I was having the banter with the lads at work over this. We were discussing the games done quick Pokemon Yellow challenge that was streamed the other day and got to talking about the newer games. They both said that they adored the original games but have completely fallen out with the series over the years and that the games look too bloated with how many Pokemon they are now.

It's funny. I was having the banter with the lads at work over this. We were discussing the games done quick Pokemon Yellow challenge that was streamed the other day and got to talking about the newer games. They both said that they adored the original games but have completely fallen out with the series over the years and that the games look too bloated with how many Pokemon they are now.

No game has all the Pokémon. Each has a regional Pokédex so the "bloat" is minimal and mostly psychological.

I don't think it matters which are the 'best' Pokemon. Part of the fun is catching something that looks interesting, and then trying it out to see what it's like, and getting attached to shit ones.

I don't think it matters which are the 'best' Pokemon. Part of the fun is catching something that looks interesting, and then trying it out to see what it's like, and getting attached to shit ones.

I usually play like that. Stuff like these...

250px-674Pancham.png

600px-359Absol.png

335Zangoose.png

...may be useless ( no idea if they are or not ) but I love the designs so I use them. Same goes for a bunch of the eevee evolutions.

600px-471Glaceon.png

600px-470Leafeon.png

600px-196Espeon.png

It's usually how I pick my starters, as well. I see what the final forms looks like and the one which looks the coolest is the one I go with.

Yeah, same here. Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites! (sounds familiar? ;)) Plus, you can win with virtually any teamuntil you go online or post-game.

Pokémon X is the first title which really still holds some surprises for me since I haven't really followed this generation (and haven't looked up the fairy type effectivenesses). So I am now playing it (six badges and counting) using the nice Pokémon I am encountering and it is nice to be surprised. It surprises me for example that I am really digging Doublade, designwise I really disliked it when it came out but its move- and typeset are awesome. But I have to suppress my craving to try to form an ultimate team using the GTS. Only exception is the Dratini I got through the GTS, but hey, that is because nothing is cooler than the original dragon Dragonite.

It's usually how I pick my starters, as well. I see what the final forms looks like and the one which looks the coolest is the one I go with.
Same, just replace coolest with cutest. :grin:

Therefore my preferred Pokemon are things like:

qjTotZA.jpg

I generally stop them from evolving too, to keep 'em cute. :heh:

Yeah... tend not to do so well in battles. :laughing:

[..] making it very hard for anyone who doesn't live there to get their hands on them...
It takes slightly more effort, but I wouldn't call it hard. I've bought all 3 Pokemon Nendoroids directly from Amazon, using a forwarder. I had to pay a forwarding fee and some extra shipping costs, but on the other hand, I didn't need to pay taxes, so it cost me the same amount of money as a regular Nendoroid. You should check this thread more often: http://www.n-europe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7985&page=24

Well I think it's time to get a new3DS now. I'd been waiting for a US version that wasn't XL. I prefer the original size. Didn't know of the previous animal crossing bundle but ah well.