NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Pokemon Red, Blue & Yellow (3DS Virtual Console)

So happy these are finally arriving to the Virtual Console library. I can't wait to play through Yellow again.

While you're at it, Nintendo, give us Pokemon Stadium on the Wii U!

Can't wait to play Red again without having to worry about IV's or natures or abilities.

I've never played a 'proper' Pokémon game before but I always felt that if I ever did play one, it would have to be one of the games with the original Pokémon as I never really had any sort of clue past the first 150 :indeed:

I may well pick up Pokémon Yellow on 3DS, though it's a shame you can't trade the Pokémon online..

LINK CABLE SUPPORT!!! FUCKING FINALLY!!!

Now lets get on Miiverse and start demanding it for the other GB/GBA/DS games!!

Damn right! :D

There are no excuses to hide behind now. : peace:

First order of business is to demand the original Pokemon Pinball....I'm serious! None of that Ruby/Sapphire pants that they decided to put on first. I want the good old original one!

Damn right! :D

There are no excuses to hide behind now. : peace:

Right! None at all!

They have it working for Gameboy VC games, no excuse for why other games can't have the same treatment now!

It's not right that Pokemon R/B/Y has link cable support but Pokemon TCG doesn't!! (Or Mario Tennis, Mario Golf, Tetris GB etc...)

@Serebii! Get on this one!!

It's not right that Pokemon R/B/Y has link cable support but Pokemon TCG doesn't!! (Or Mario Tennis, Mario Golf, Tetris GB etc...)

Yep, funny how they can implement those features when they want to.

I'm already campaigning for there to be RBY side events at Nationals/Worlds :p

Ahh, teams of 6 Mewtwos and level 255 Golbats. Just like the good 'ol days :laughing:

Ahh, teams of 6 Mewtwos and level 255 Golbats. Just like the good 'ol days :laughing:

I thought I could get level 255 Snorlax in my copy.

Japan is getting a physical release, with a replica GB cart. (The game is a download code)

151113_gm01_pic28.jpg

They are also getting Red, Blue ,Green & Yellow versions. I'm totally downloading the Green version.

So, what about green?

Japan is getting Green :)

Online play ?

Local wireless only

Will the missingno item glitch still work i wonder?

It had better. I want my unlimited supply of rare candies! :D

I wonder if they'll do a Mew event again, like back in the day?

That would be awesome!

Hope they do end up doing a RBY tourney as well as part of the Pokemon World Championship! That would be so fantastic to see! :D

Will the missingno item glitch still work i wonder?

I wonder if they'll do a Mew event again, like back in the day?

That would be awesome!

Hope they do end up doing a RBY tourney as well as part of the Pokemon World Championship! That would be so fantastic to see! :D

They must fix the Mew glitch too then.

I feel bad for Japan. They didn't get the GameBoy/GameBoy Color hybrid of Pokémon Yellow, so they're getting the black & white version.

I really wish 3DS Virtual Console had Super Nintendo colour palettes. They need to wise up for NX.

Already brought it up with TPTB :D

Pretty hilarious to see the original Pokemon R/B/Y is now rated 12 by PEGI :laughing:

I always did wonder what made me into a compulsive gambler...

I feel bad for Japan. They didn't get the GameBoy/GameBoy Color hybrid of Pokémon Yellow, so they're getting the black & white version.D

Oh wow! I actually never knew that it wasn't a hybrid GB/GBC game in Japan! :o Serves them right for getting the colourised versions of DKL3 and Balloon Kid and not us ;)

Already brought it up with TPTB :D

Awesome! Hope it happens, would be so awesome to see! Speaking of which, I was just thinking... I wonder if they'll disable the Restore Point feature for this release? I mean, it would completely destroy the game by having it there as it makes Pokemon cloning incredibly easy...

It would actually be completely trivial to do, considering that GB VC games already have the ability to deactivate Restore Points with a button combo (I do it all the time). All they'd have to do is just have it disabled by default and then remove the button combo that turns them back on - literally less than 5 mins work.

Hopefully we'll also see Pokemon Stadium 1 & 2 (and 0 for Japan I suppose) come to the Wii U shortly with Transfer Pak support of sorts (I'm sure it's possible. There are lots of ways you could simulate it, even if it's as low tech as putting your 3DS SD Card into the Wii U to copy save data over from the VC release). I love those games and would love to be able to revisit them on Wii U! (Hell I still play the minigames with friends of mine on a regular basis :) )

Edited by Dcubed

Oh wow! I actually never knew that it wasn't a hybrid GB/GBC game in Japan! :o Serves them right for getting the colourised versions of DKL3 and Balloon Kid and not us ;)

CTsCjtuW4AAOA3m.jpgCTsCjtfXIAA_fhU.png

It's really cool that they're doing this for the 20th anniversary but I'm unsure whether or not I'm going to buy a copy. These games are extremely dated and feel so slow after getting to grips with the newer games!

It's really cool that they're doing this for the 20th anniversary but I'm unsure whether or not I'm going to buy a copy. These games are extremely dated and feel so slow after getting to grips with the newer games!

They should come with the Dodrio mode from Pokemon Stadium. :D