NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
dan-likes-trees

TV Title sequences

I started watching True Detective season 2 (and swiftly stopped) but the title sequence has stayed with me

Beautiful visuals, great song, great mood. Girl with the Dragon tattoo is another of ma faves. Has anyone got any others that they'd particularly like?

This is all a roundabout way of shamelessly enlisting your good selves to help me out with a survey I have to conduct for my MA course.. It would be totes useful for my research if anyone on here could take a few mins to fill it out. If you get bored just scroll to the end and submit what you have! Shouldn't take long.

I mainly ask on here because the target demo of the ones I'm looking at is sci-fi shows, which I know we all love on here (see: my sig)

Help a brother out and fill me in!

If mods want to move this to creative gallery or consider then please do as you wish!

X-Files. I'm not even gonna post a video, you all know exactly what I mean.

Damn, that intro music still gives me chills :shakehead

Apparently they're keeping the X-Files intro exactly the same for the new season. :D

This is perfect as far as a title sequence goes, the reason? It's only 6 seconds long.

Personally I am not a fan of tv show title sequences, I think they're usually too long and a waste of time. I will skip them 99% of the time!

Some of my favourites

These are great! I love the Da Vinci one. Great modelling on Black Sails too. Defiance is nice... also the show totally passed me by but looks up my street.. it's that weird one with the video game tie in right? Is it good? Should I pick it up?

Did you see they actually changed this to something completely different for season 2 because people thought it was too over the top?? Madness!

Definitely falls under the only-am-aware-of-it-cos-of-simpsons-parody remit for me, embarrassingly..

Cheers everyone, appreciate it - keep em coming!

This is perfect as far as a title sequence goes, the reason? It's only 6 seconds long.

Personally I am not a fan of tv show title sequences, I think they're usually too long and a waste of time. I will skip them 99% of the time!

You must like the 24 and Lost title card too ey!

Some shows don't need lengthy openers. I like HBO's Girls which just throws up the word Girls with different music/tone each week depending on the episode subject matter.

And yeah it's taken me five episode to get used to The Leftover's new opening:

It's no where near as good but is hilarious in it's tonal quality when compared to the bleakness of the show.

Dat Game of Thrones one is probably the only one that'll i'll always watch all the way through.

Always enjoyed the Dexter one too:

And how could I forget this one? Great music by Mogwai and really gets the tone of the show across:

House M.D. opening for North America

Dr. House opening for Europe (Season 1)

Dr House opening for Europe (Seasons 2-8)

These are great! I love the Da Vinci one. Great modelling on Black Sails too. Defiance is nice... also the show totally passed me by but looks up my street.. it's that weird one with the video game tie in right? Is it good? Should I pick it up?

I tried watching it, but thought it was pretty poor. Apparently it gets better later on.

This thread is a barrel of laughs at work.

YouTube square with "video cannot be displayed" over and over again as it's blocked. Please say the show title too!

------------

@dan\-likes\-trees - I liked the intro to season 2 of True Detective but the song was far better in the first season.

Some of my personal favourites are:

• West Wing - the theme tune for this is absolutely perfect. Couldn't have chosen a better song for it.
  • The Sopanos - Perfection, shows the drive from New York to New Jersey and really gets you in the mood
  • True Blood - This is brilliant, I love shows set in the deep south.

The Star Trek Enterprise intro's visuals are amazing, and some people have actually spliced it with what was intended to be the original theme before the suits jumped in

Then the Stargates have awesome ones too, though Atlantis had the better visuals since they didn't change much, unlike SG1

Then of course, there's Doctor Who. Iconic to the last.

This thread is a barrel of laughs at work.

YouTube square with "video cannot be displayed" over and over again as it's blocked. Please say the show title too!

------------

@dan\-likes\-trees - I liked the intro to season 2 of True Detective but the song was far better in the first season.

Some of my personal favourites are:

• West Wing - the theme tune for this is absolutely perfect. Couldn't have chosen a better song for it.
  • The Sopanos - Perfection, shows the drive from New York to New Jersey and really gets you in the mood
  • True Blood - This is brilliant, I love shows set in the deep south.

Have you ever tried to sing the West Wing theme though? It's impossible. Bonus points for getting a load of drunk people at the pub to try though.

Have you ever tried to sing the West Wing theme though? It's impossible.

Only sing it on every single episode on my second watch through! 2 episodes to go - don't think I can handle watching them again as I don't want it to end...

I meant sing it without accompaniment. It sounds perfect in your head, but as soon as it trickles out your mouth, it's just wailing and utter nonsense.

I meant sing it without accompaniment. It sounds perfect in your head, but as soon as it trickles out your mouth, it's just wailing and utter nonsense.

Ah no I've never done that apart from from a few "da da da das", I'll give it a go after work. My singing ability isn't the best when I actually have background music though...

Never really cared for the Enterprise intro, neither the aired music (singing, really?) or the visuals. Preferred their space-based intros. And with regards to the Stargates, I loved the music but the visuals were always a bit too 90's for my liking. I didn't mind the film-inspired one too much:

While I wouldn't say it's an example of a great intro, I just have to say...

... I'm not the only one who can't help but laugh whenever I see the current Casualty intro because it sounds like Metal Gear music now am I?

Such a superb show! I love the title cards in it too, and how they reflect the main story-arcs for each season. My absolute favourite ones have to be seasons 8 and 9, because, visually, they're quite spectacular:

Yeah, okay, just going to leave the best ever title sequence here.

And the second best one...

Also, how has no one mentioned the Friends into.

Edited by Daft

Sign in to follow this