NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Direct - November 12th 10pm

It looks like an unscaled version of Twilight Princess, so it looks exactly as expected (notice how Star Fox Zero looks a bajillion times better BECAUSE IT LOOKS NOTHING LIKE A GAMECUBE GAME!).

Star Fox Zero looks exactly the same as it did at E3, like an EARLY Gamecube game.

The poor looking Twilight Princess is pretty disappointing too, but oh well. I'm more interested in what they've added to the gameplay.

Well I'm quite looking forward to TP:HD, even if it didn't look great I've wanted to revisit this for a while. Was actually just looking up reviews earlier today, didn't even realise it was rumoured.

Not much else that I enjoyed all that much - although I think Paper Jam Bros could genuinely be pretty stellar.

That (D)rain platformer looked pretty cool I guess....

Cloud can do one, there's enough sword fighters as it is.

Am I the only one who liked the look of Typoman? Not just gorgeous to look at but what a clever idea for a game. Uses the second screen perfectly.

I felt a little "meh" with the direct. A few things tickled my fancy, but i possibly may not triple dip on Twilight Princess. Unless they add a few extra features like they did with Wind Waker HD, i don't see myself getting it. More so if the price is too high.

Star Fox Zero looks exactly the same as it did at E3, like an EARLY Gamecube game..

The change of font in the top left corner helped provide the illusion that it was a little better.. even if it isn't, at all :heh:

I'm still looking forward to it, regardless :grin:

Nah I think you looking too much into it. Just see it as cloud is in smash Bros and that's it.

Probably, but only because on the list of things i never thought i'd see on a nintendo console Final Fantasy 7 was one of them, that just mind fucked me into a state where i'm thinking is the unexpected possible?

How many Metal Gear Solid games came out on the Wii?

We didn't but Snake was in Twin Snakes on GC, Cloud has not been on a nintendo home console at all, it has even less context than Snake had

He appeared in Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories for the GBA.

Not to mention the Theatrhythm games.

So it's not technically breaking the Ninty Console rule.

But seriously, who saw THAT coming!? No-one! If you say otherwise, you're a filthy liar!

I know, my mind is blown! if you'd asked me yesterday list some things you'd bet would never in a million years appear on the direct, i'd have guessed, Half Life 3 and Final Fantasy ......and that reveal was pretty darn close to that

I'm mind fucked

Don't forget, the FF7 remake was billed as FIRST on playstation, which everyone assumed meant it was coming to Xbone later......dare we think?

but

Not much to interest me, Xenoblade possibly, Twillight Princes HD? maybe

Star Fox possibly

3DS? well Dragon Quest, Fire Emblem, Bravery Default - i'm happy for months right there

Edited by Agent Gibbs

The change of font in the top left corner helped provide the illusion that it was a little better.. even if it isn't, at all :heh:

I'm still looking forward to it, regardless :grin:

The change of font at least gave it a little bit of original personality. Now the rest of the game just needs to follow suit.

To be honest, that Direct was pretty shit wasn't it? TP HD looked cheap same as Starfox really.

The GameBoy Pokemon games were cool, I guess.

I'm not terribly excited about anything coming to Nintendo consoles. A shame really.

I agree, another undeserving character who represents Sony much more than Nintendo.

lol. Just no.

They need more characters like this. Good stuff.

Am I the only one who liked the look of Typoman? Not just gorgeous to look at but what a clever idea for a game. Uses the second screen perfectly.

Yes, but it looked like the same footage that was used ages ago, so nothing new apart from release information.

Star doc looks great to me, liked the intro video. But those controls just fill me with absolute dread. I DONT WANT TO BE LOOKING AT THE GAMEPAD SCREEN, I WANT TO PLAY HOME CONSOLE GAMES STARING AT MY MASSIVE TELE IN HD!

Lot of Pokemon, a lot of RPGs, I have interest in neither. I wanted rhythm heaven, picross 3D, a surprise that excited me. Bum. Still, 3DS is sorted. And Zelda looks achingly beautiful.

There was almost nothing in there that interests me. I'll probably pick up Twilight Princess HD, since I've been meaning to re-play it anyway, and probably Fire Emblem eventually (I have to catch up on some of the other games in the series first). Other than that, I was pretty bored watching it.

As I have played Zelda TP on Wii, but on HD TV and never finished it, for me the game will look much batter, so I am happy.

Dragon Quest? Is it coming for Wii U? Is it HD? Have no idea what it is, but you all are so happy, so I want it :D. Have to watch the direct now, hope it is on youtube.

Star doc looks great to me, liked the intro video. But those controls just fill me with absolute dread. I DONT WANT TO BE LOOKING AT THE GAMEPAD SCREEN, I WANT TO PLAY HOME CONSOLE GAMES STARING AT MY MASSIVE TELE IN HD!

I'm hoping it'll become intuitive so you don't have to stare, at most maybe glance on the odd occassion. presumable it'll be a bit like a twin stick, with tilting the gamepad affecting direction you are shooting? just by glancing at the pad you can see exactly what you are aiming at?

I'm hoping it'll become intuitive so you don't have to stare, at most maybe glance on the odd occassion. presumable it'll be a bit like a twin stick, with tilting the gamepad affecting direction you are shooting? just by glancing at the pad you can see exactly what you are aiming at?

They specifically mention about shooing behind you and around you, not just the cursor on the screen, so the to goes into auto mode, you shoot with the game pad 360 degrees.... It will be awful.... Hope this particular example happens once.... Why do they think it's fun?

Hmm.. Not that hyped by the Direct - though I think it just says something about me that the thing I got most excited for was the Wolf Link amiibo! :D Saying that, Fast Racing NEO looks pretty awesome, and I'm interested to try out the new Splatoon levels. Starfox should be a nice distraction, at least, and if I hadn't already made a start on Paper Jam and Xenoblade, I'd certainly be looking forward to them too. ;)

Cloud in Smash leaves me cold - I've never played a FF game, and I've never wanted more third party inclusions anyway. With the inevitable Wolf DLC in the New Year, I'm staring to wonder if we'll ever get any 'new' first party characters!

And maybe one day we'll get an announcement of Rhythm Paradise 3DS...

Save the new first party characters for Smash NX: Inkling, 8-bit Mario, Wonder Red, Yarn Yoshi and Captain Toad

Dragon Quest? Is it coming for Wii U? Is it HD? Have no idea what it is, but you all are so happy, so I want it :D. Have to watch the direct now, hope it is on youtube.

THE greatest RPG series bar none. :grin:

IV, V, VI (remakes) and IX are for DS. VII and VIII (also remakes) are coming to 3DS, as is XI (we still need that to be confirmed for Europe). None are in HD, unfortunately, although the PS4 and NX versions of XI will presumably be.

PS - Dragon Quest X is an MMO but has not come to the West. I assume some of the versions were HD (Wii U was one), but it's probably best to forget about this one.

IV, V, VI (remakes) and IX are for DS. VII and VIII (also remakes) are coming to 3DS, as is XI (we still need that to be confirmed for Europe). None are in HD, unfortunately, although the PS4 and NX versions of XI will presumably be.

PS - Dragon Quest X is an MMO but has not come to the West. I assume some of the versions were HD (Wii U was one), but it's probably best to forget about this one.

I can't believe we are getting VII and VIII. *hugs Grazza*

Shame @darksnowman isn't here to join in the fun.

Is it like Final Fantasy? Does it have a decent story?

THEY CAN'T DO WIRELESS COMMUNICATION FOR GAMEBOY GAMES THEY (A FEW PROMINENT MEMBERS OF THIS FORUM) SAID! WELL HAVE A FUCKING LOOK KIDS

I said they wouldn't do these games without it, not they can't do wireless communication :p

Thx, sadly, nothing for me :(.

I've seen the TP footage and I like it. OK, I know what some of you guys mean, but it looks completly playable on HD TV, so I am looking forward to it.

But the Zelda U footage didn't really look great. I don't know if it's me, but it just looked OK, nothing else. A bit better than TP, overall.

I can't believe we are getting VII and VIII. *hugs Grazza*

Shame @darksnowman isn't here to join in the fun.

(Manly hug back) I'm gonna say it... I can feel the love in this room! Oh man, talk about pick me up when I'm down. The Dragon Quest days are coming back!!

PS - @Ike, have you played enough of VIII yet to know all the visible armour? Is the Metal King Armour visible? (Drools at the thought.)

Is it like Final Fantasy? Does it have a decent story?

It does, yes, brilliant stories. Dark on occasion, sometimes sad, often dramatic and frequently funny.