NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Direct - November 12th 10pm

It's basically video game lego, from what I understand. I've still yet to take any Minecraft plunges, but I can definitely see how one can get hooked given the amount I've loved Terraria.

My only question for Minecraft if it comes - will it be at a good price to encourage uptake, where many have possibly already got it on an alternative system already?

Are play tonic hinting at anything? Seems a pretty general tweet saying they're excited about it. Or have I missed something?

It's probably more about the IGN coverage this week. Didn't see that when I posted.

I just don't get Minecraft. I see people play it all the time on my PS4 friends list. I tried the Vita version last year and was baffled by what I was playing. Saying that, i'm very much a goal orientated gamer and I prefer to have set tasks, rather than just been left to do what I want.

Minecraft is one of those games I've just never had any interest in trying out for myself. My brother got it on PS3 last year and neither of us could be bothered with it.

Like you, I generally like to have objectives to tackle or goals to reach in my games. It used to bore me to death watching my friends play GTA 3 when I was younger as all they would do is mess around instead of taking care of the actual missions :blank:

These 'sandbox' games obviously have their appeal in letting you essentially do what you want but it just isn't really for me :hmm:

How can I watch the direct? Can I watch it from my Wii U or PS4?

If you watch it on your PS4 we should all hook up for the banter while its on live.

*texts lostmario to see if he's watching it*

Less than 12 hours to go!

5Tj9gDA.gif

Get Hype! :D

QYureM1.gif

EDIT: Ah! There is a Red Link one! Great! Now we can start a dungeon!

OlzFSLN.gif

tumblr_inline_n5ysbdSNVK1rpvhvf.gif

If Microsoft are publishing a game on Wii U...perhaps there could be another deal.

Like Banjo-Kazooie in Smash Bros. Then again, Playtonic are hinting a reveal, so that could be Yooka-Laylee in Smash Bros.

This would actually be far more exciting than Banjo. Mostly because Playtonic is old Rare.

Also, I might be a little biased towards Chameleons.

ARRGH! Don't do this to me!

e90.gif

Edited by Glen-i

If you watch it on your PS4 we should all hook up for the banter while its on live.

I'm up for doing this!

I'm up for doing this!

sounds like a crack.

I'd love gamecube on VC, in particular Timesplitters 2, Rocky 2, 1080, Wave Race & FZero all with online. Not too much to ask is it?

I'm up for doing this!

Good stuff! Lostmario is up for it as well. Anyone else feel free to join the party.

I'd love gamecube on VC, in particular Timesplitters 2, Rocky 2, 1080, Wave Race & FZero all with online. Not too much to ask is it?

anigif_enhanced-buzz-11860-1367655005-0.gif?w=640

I assume you just mean Rocky? I don't think there was a Rocky 2 on Gamecube.

I mean, in what universe would that particular game ever get re-released on VC?

As far as I'm aware, that studio has been shut down for a while, not to mention the obvious copyright hurdles.

O1QpKEt.gif

That's such a bizarre request. It hurts my head just thinking about it!

Good stuff! Lostmario is up for it as well. Anyone else feel free to join the party.

Just got a text from Lost about this. Im in.

Mine craft... Pokemon Z.... Well at least my expectations of being delighted is dropping significantly. Though amiibo skins for mine craft would be great actually. Just couldn't give a crap about either game.

Ey, Pokémon Z is worthy!

Ey, Pokémon Z is worthy!

Not if you don't like Pokemon!

The game I'm looking forward to hearing about is Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon.

Problem is, I've gone on blackout on that, so I would just want to hear an exact European date.

Not being familiar with how same-gen Pokemon games differ from each other, isn't Z likely to be the same game as X and Y just with different 'mon?

How long is the direct and is it on Youtube? I'll probs chuck it up on another screen whilst actually playing Destiny/PS4, but I'd def mug off voice chatting with my mates for the time it's happening to chill in chat with you folks!

How long is the direct and is it on Youtube? I'll probs chuck it up on another screen whilst actually playing Destiny/PS4, but I'd def mug off voice chatting with my mates for the time it's happening to chill in chat with you folks!

Probably 30-40 mins.

Feel free to just jump into the party as it will be open.

Not being familiar with how same-gen Pokemon games differ from each other, isn't Z likely to be the same game as X and Y just with different 'mon?

They tend to include a few extra features, which normally end up being the best things that Gen offers. An extra storyline revolving around the cover Pokemon usually gets added.

One of the most famous additions was 3rd Gen's Battle Frontier, a ridiculously massive place that had 7 different ways to battle against Computer AI. Standard rules, Tournament Knockouts, Dungeon Exploring, Rental Pokemon and even an infuriating yet hilarious mode where you test your luck by choosing a path and hoping you don't have a negative status effect planted on you.

It was so well-liked that when people found out it wasn't in the 3DS remake, there was quite the uproar. And rightly so, it was the icing on the lazy cake of OR/AS.

Of course, Black/White bucked this trend a little by instead, releasing a sequel with a completely different storyline taking place after B/W.

And it's probably my favourite mainline game due to the sheer amount of content it offers. Makes X/Y look a bit sad in comparison.

Gooooood. We can share in the dissappointment together. :D

just going to watch a few episodes of Auf Wiedersehn Pet so I've got half a chance of understanding all the "Northern Monkey's" on the party tonight.

just going to watch a few episodes of Auf Wiedersehn Pet so I've got half a chance of understanding all the "Northern Monkey's" on the party tonight.

Hey, I'm Manc, I'll have none of this being confused for anything but!

I was about to come in and predict Pokemon Z as it seemed odd we've not heard much about the game when the anime basically confirms it's coming real soon, good to hear Masuda is hinting something will be there! The third versions are always worth the money, all the new features tend to be pretty good.

So, what are we expecting for the games due this year that they might not have announced? I think a F2P Wii U title might be there to tide things over and get a little revenue going until Xenoblade

Chuff off you wazzock!