NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Direct - November 12th 10pm

To be fair, Mario Maker is one of my most disappointing games of the year. Not being interested in the creation part of it, I hoped I would be able to get to play through a good amount of random levels. Turns out most of them were garbage or there purely to just troll the player. Finding good levels in that game is like trying to find a needle in a haystack.

I mentioned why he didn't care for Splatoon and I don't think he cares for the level creation type of games either.

Have you tried since? I think it's improved a lot in the random levels. Plus Nintendo and sites give codes to great levels. It might still be a bit too hit and miss for you, but I just love it!

@lostmario makes perfect sense. Splatoon is insanely good, but the online awkwardness would probably spoil it for you, but I say it's still worth playing just to experience it.

As for Mario, all though you are right, one thing in its favour is just how different it is, the stuff people are doing are creating levels co pletely different to anything in the main games, so it's not like they're just shit versions of classic games, there's a lot of genuinely incredible and very unique levels with great gimmicks.

As for this direct. Not expecting much. But a proper wind waker equalling remake of twilight princess would be good. Star fox looking good and with online. And awesome dlc for splatoon and Mario maker (and Mario tennis actually) would be more than fab for me.

Pikmin 4 would be a lovely icing in the cake.

Fun fact.

Nintendo took down the Splatoon Direct on the 6th from their Japanese Youtube and site. They typically do this with Directs whenever they're about to become irrelevant (such as an a new Direct or brand new content coming)

Oh man, that's legitimately exciting stuff! All my thanks for that happy little nugget of hope.

Is it realistic to assume that, next to the perhaps imminent Twilight Princess HD announcement, the good Aonuma will trickle some Zelda WiiU information on down to us poor commoners?

I think if Twilight Princess HD is announced they'll probably remain tight lipped on Zelda U as to not steal Midna's thunder.

I think if Twilight Princess HD is announced they'll probably remain tight lipped on Zelda U as to not steal Midna's thunder.

Oh shit, I hadn't even thought of that.

Midna in HD.

Dat Sass got Class!

I expect some sort of update on Zelda Wii U, nothing too substantial. I just want them to acknowledge it's existence and give us a title, perhaps alongside some new concept art. I very much doubt we'll get any footage, hopefully they'll have some to show at the Game Awards though.

I think we'll hear quite a bit about Star Fox Zero, hopefully the announcement of some new modes which they will go into more detail with in a direct early next year.

Trying to keep the hype down though, so right now I'm just expecting to be hearing about Amiibo, Mario Tennis, Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival and Xenoblade X.

Hmm, interesting. I'd be surprised if Microsoft think this will be profitable enough on the Wii U to warrant a truly Wii U optimised version of the game. Obviously it would work great with the gamepad and IGN's suggestion of Minecraft Amiibo would surely be a hit. Definitely not something I expected though, I never thought it would make its way onto a Nintendo console.

Looks like we could be getting Minecraft Wii U...today!

http://m.uk.ign.com/articles/2015/11/12/minecraft-wii-u-rated-by-pegi?utm_source=IGN%20hub%20page&utm_medium=IGN%20(front%20page)&utm_content=4&utm_campaign=Blogroll

Rated on pan European PEGI board, listed as November 12th release date...worthy of its own thread yet or just bunkum?

Microsoft have done this in exchange for Banjo Kazooie in Smash. Believe!

Microsoft have done this in exchange for Banjo Kazooie in Smash. Believe!

Oh imagine! :D

I Breelieve...(I'll get my coat...Guhuh!)

Is it realistic to assume that, next to the perhaps imminent Twilight Princess HD announcement, the good Aonuma will trickle some Zelda WiiU information on down to us poor commoners?

I really hope so, as I don't care much for TPHD in comparison to ZeldaU(which has me increasingly worried). If they don't show anything of Zelda U now - I just don't know what I'm doing to be thinking. Surely we're due something by now? Wasn't this game going to be a 2015 'guaranteed' release at some point??

At this rate it no doubt will be used like TP and be a dual system release to try and get the next one sold.

They said they aren't talking about NX stuff until next year. :D

http://m.uk.ign.com/articles/2015/11/12/minecraft-wii-u-rated-by-pegi?utm_source=IGN%20hub%20page&utm_medium=IGN%20(front%20page)&utm_content=4&utm_campaign=Blogroll

Rated on pan European PEGI board, listed as November 12th release date...worthy of its own thread yet or just bunkum?

It's probably a dead cert, but you might as well wait until the Nintendo Direct comes out now so you have some info to fill it with.

Pretty hilarious how it has taken Microsoft buying out Mojang in order for this game to finally hit a Nintendo platform :laughing:

This game is coming way too late to make any sort of impact... unless it features Amiibo support ;)

This game is coming way too late to make any sort of impact... unless it features Amiibo support ;)

I dunno. I mean the Vita version has done alright in Japan and that had a late release. Strangest thing is that the Wii U was probably the best platform for it, both in control scheme and demographic, yet it's the last to get it.

Yeah, amiibo support is highly likely. There are a bunch of skins on the other platforms so scanning an amiibo in and getting Mario/Zelda/Metroid etc. skins just makes sense.

Mine craft... Pokemon Z.... Well at least my expectations of being delighted is dropping significantly. Though amiibo skins for mine craft would be great actually. Just couldn't give a crap about either game.

WHAAAAT??!! This is excellent news if it's true. The WiiU would be the perfect platfrom for Minecraft (after PC of course). I've already sunk 200 hours into the PC version and it really is one of the best games of the last 10 years.

I'm really hoping for some info on Pokemon GO. I know it's not strictly Nintendo, and it's mobile, but I'm interested in seeing the concept in action.

WHAAAAT??!! This is excellent news if it's true. The WiiU would be the perfect platfrom for Minecraft (after PC of course). I've already sunk 200 hours into the PC version and it really is one of the best games of the last 10 years.

I'm really hoping for some info on Pokemon GO. I know it's not strictly Nintendo, and it's mobile, but I'm interested in seeing the concept in action.

They did say no mobile in here though

Mine craft... Pokemon Z.... Well at least my expectations of being delighted is dropping significantly. Though amiibo skins for mine craft would be great actually. Just couldn't give a crap about either game.

I just don't get Minecraft. I see people play it all the time on my PS4 friends list. I tried the Vita version last year and was baffled by what I was playing. Saying that, i'm very much a goal orientated gamer and I prefer to have set tasks, rather than just been left to do what I want.

They did say no mobile in here though

They did, but that could mean their specific line of Miitomo followed by their other in-house developed games. Isn't this coming by the end of the year? I can't see them letting this one slip out without a word, a la Pokemon Shuffle mobile.

They did, but that could mean their specific line of Miitomo followed by their other in-house developed games. Isn't this coming by the end of the year? I can't see them letting this one slip out without a word, a la Pokemon Shuffle mobile.

Nope, GO is due out in H1/2016

Platonic Games are teasing fans on Twitter...

@PlaytonicGames: Today

The hype train is really getting into full swing! I hope Nintendo deliver with this one. It's a great chance to get a little bit of excitement back considering the rather undetwhelming past few months (with just a few exceptions).

If Microsoft are publishing a game on Wii U...perhaps there could be another deal.

Like Banjo-Kazooie in Smash Bros. Then again, Playtonic are hinting a reveal, so that could be Yooka-Laylee in Smash Bros.

I just don't get Minecraft. I see people play it all the time on my PS4 friends list. I tried the Vita version last year and was baffled by what I was playing. Saying that, i'm very much a goal orientated gamer and I prefer to have set tasks, rather than just been left to do what I want.

Yeah, same, I have it on the ps4, just don't understand how it's so successful. But st the same time, I think it's amazing that a game which requires creativity IS that successful with kids and such.

Are play tonic hinting at anything? Seems a pretty general tweet saying they're excited about it. Or have I missed something?