NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Direct - November 12th 10pm

Why are you so harsh on the guy? I think gamexplain are brilliant and he seems like a genuine guy. Is it just his voice?

That and I think most of their videos are tripe. They've someone made a name for themselves just by stating the obvious.

To be fair I find their videos unwatchable due to his voice. It's not only annoying but he speaks way too quickly most of the time.

AVWHQrFap5taU.gif

To be fair, Mario Maker is one of my most disappointing games of the year. Not being interested in the creation part of it, I hoped I would be able to get to play through a good amount of random levels. Turns out most of them were garbage or there purely to just troll the player. Finding good levels in that game is like trying to find a needle in a haystack.

Couldn't agree more with this. Tried playing through expert a couple of times and it's just awful. The number of terrible levels ruins the game for me.

To be fair, Mario Maker is one of my most disappointing games of the year. Not being interested in the creation part of it, I hoped I would be able to get to play through a good amount of random levels. Turns out most of them were garbage or there purely to just troll the player. Finding good levels in that game is like trying to find a needle in a haystack.

I mentioned why he didn't care for Splatoon and I don't think he cares for the level creation type of games either.

For god's sake man, get off of Expert Mario. Normal is where the good levels are at.

Couldn't agree more with this. Tried playing through expert a couple of times and it's just awful. The number of terrible levels ruins the game for me.

It's a shame because the potential for the game is HUGE. Problem is that I don't think there is actually a good way to filter the rubbish out when playing the random stages.

You just need to make makers you enjoy, follow them and play their levels.

As for Gamexplain, I find their analysis videos excellent. They really go to town on a trailer.

You just need to make makers you enjoy, follow them and play their levels.

Yeah pretty much the best thing to do is this. As Serebii mentioned, get off expert mode, it's trash. Normal mode is where're better stages are. Featured mode has a decent selection of levels too, and when you find a stage you like, click on the creators profile and see what else they've made.

And of course this very forum has a lot of really good level creators posting their stuff in the Mario maker ID thread

Edited by Helmsly

Yeah pretty much the best thing to do is this. As Serebii mentioned, get off expert mode, it's trash. Normal mode is where're better stages are. Featured mode has a decent selection of levels too, and when you find a stage you like, click on the creators profile and see what else they've made.

And of course this very forum has a lot of really good level creators posting there stuff in the Mario maker ID thread

I can't unlock the remaining costumes I need on normal mode. Maxed those out ages ago.

Following is all well and good but unless they crank out stages at an incredible rate there is never going to be enough content. The point is, I was looking forward to just playing random stages, from random people ( keeps things fresh and mixes things up a bit ) all in the one mode.

I also don't care for automatic miiverse spamming that happens when a person creates a level. My miiverse feed was full of them and annoyed me to the point where I just deleted my whole friends list....not that it's was that useful anyway. :heh:

Gaf have got you covered.

P5u9s8MJsL0.jpg

giphy.gif

I have... no words. Perfection!

[edit]

I guess I had some words?

Edited by Guy

I mentioned why he didn't care for Splatoon and I don't think he cares for the level creation type of games either.

While I understand why people think Mario Maker is cool, I also feel quite indifferent towards it. Now, if Nintendo were to release a 3D Mario Maker, I'd probably feel differently.

In regards to this Direct, Nintendo have claimed that they'll make some new announcements for the 3DS and Wii U. I am hoping for a whole slew of new Wii U games getting announced.

I think Game Xplain's prediction of a Zelda series of Amiibo is pretty good too, especially considering the great characters you could have from Twilight Princess. A Midna Amiibo would look great, so would Wolf Link. It would be great if they could open it up to Hyrule Warriors too, if only to get some Wind Waker Amiibo.

Stuff you all.. I'M HYPED :yay:

I'll join you in that, with so long since the last Direct, there are bound to be MEGATONS dropped, right?! :D

Seriously though looking forward to hopefully some surprise announcements and something good for Christmas too.

What with this and the new Xbox One dashboard/backwards compatibility tomorrow, I might have a Banjo-athon to get me in the mood before seeing him revealed as a Smash character in the evening, a good day to game I hope! :)

What with this and the new Xbox One dashboard/backwards compatibility tomorrow, I might have a Banjo-athon to get me in the mood before seeing him revealed as a Smash character in the evening, a good day to game I hope! :)

Awww... That's cute. To live in such hope.

Such hilarious, misguided hope.

Tell you what, pay Microsoft a ridiculous sum of money, then you'll get what you want.

I'm working when the Direct airs which is a shame as I've been gagging for one for ages.

Quite honestly, I don't expect anything new, and wasn't the whole 'unannounced WiiU games for this year' a mis-translation? I fear people are holding onto that false comment with too much hope.

I'll just be happy to hear more about Starfox, Paper Jam and to find out exactly what the hell Amiibo Crossing even is. Oh man, and more on that Jpop RPG, loving the look of that.

I can't see us getting anything else and I refuse to believe Twilight Princess HD until it's officially announced. What's the deal with Smash? Will we be getting new DLC of the top requested characters from that poll or will we have to hear the results first before anything comes to fruition?

My predictions:

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD - Let's face it, it's happening

Mario Tennis Ultra Smash & Animal Crossing amiibo Festival - They'll have some stuff in it seeing as they're out next week

New Mario & Luigi Paper Jam Bros. stuff

Splatoon DLC

Smash DLC

Mario Maker DLC

Pokkén Tournament trailer + new character

Starfox Zero trailer and date

Genei Ibun Roku ♯FE trailer and date

Indie Sizzle Reel & third party content

Surprise #1 - Available after the Direct

Surprise #2

Maybe but probably not: Pokémon Z

I'm working when the Direct airs which is a shame as I've been gagging for one for ages.

Quite honestly, I don't expect anything new, and wasn't the whole 'unannounced WiiU games for this year' a mis-translation? I fear people are holding onto that false comment with too much hope.

I'll just be happy to hear more about Starfox, Paper Jam and to find out exactly what the hell Amiibo Crossing even is. Oh man, and more on that Jpop RPG, loving the look of that.

I can't see us getting anything else and I refuse to believe Twilight Princess HD until it's officially announced. What's the deal with Smash? Will we be getting new DLC of the top requested characters from that poll or will we have to hear the results first before anything comes to fruition?

No Nintendo Direct has come without at least one new game announcement. They wouldn't have a Direct if there wasn't new stuff to show.

Also, the ballot isn't a "character with the most votes wins" scenario. It's just to give them ideas as to who the users may want and see if they can get it working. It was by no means a promise.

Edited by Serebii
Automerged Doublepost

I am hoping for a whole slew of new Wii U games getting announced.

I really wouldn't get your hopes up. It was obvious to all at E3 that Nintendo are doing the bare minimum they can get away with for the Wii U and putting all their big gun efforts on NX, and rightly so tbf.

Hopefully things like a Zelda U update, Twilight Princess HD, a much improved Star Fox, some smaller title updates (Project Guard?) and just maybe Pikmin 4, but even that's pushing it I think.

Awww... That's cute. To live in such hope.

Such hilarious, misguided hope.

Tell you what, pay Microsoft a ridiculous sum of money, then you'll get what you want.

Even Phil Spencer said it was possible. Phil is gospel, man!

(But yes, it is purely hope...;) )

Playable Satoru Iwata in Smash Bros. Running out of stock lives permanently blacklists your NNID.

@Serbii - I didn't know there had been at least one new game per direct so that is interesting, either way, there's still such little information on already announced games I wouldn't mind just a blast of info on the titles we already know, namely Starfox and Paper Jam.

Splatoon, Kirby, Yoshi's Woolly World, Mario Maker, Hyrule Warriors, Captain Toad, Smash, Bayonetta not doing it for you?

Splatoon, looked great and probably is but playing an online team game without voice chat, that put me off straight away, I know some of you use Skype but I wouldn't be able to use that with my Windows Phone 7 so I'd just hate playing online which is the game.

Kirby, I hated the look of the Paintbrush gimmick plus I had Kirby's Adventure on the Wii which was very disappointing.

Yoshi's Woolly World, wasn't fussed by it, just looked like they ran out of ideas and stuck Yoshi in Kirby's Epic Yarn.

What else, Hyrule Warriors, looked like a button masher which would get incredibly boring quick.

Captain Toad, hated the Toad levels in 3D world so no chance am I buying a game of them levels.

Smash Bros - big fan of the series, owned them all, but the Wii U and 3DS version didn't seem to add anything new to the series but HD so I've never wanted to play it, if there was a demo, I'd doubt I'd download it.

Bayonetta 1 & 2, I was really looking forward to this when they announced it then I saw more and more gameplay footage and just lost all interest in it. No doubt they are great games but not for me.

I've probability missed comments elsewhere... So I'll ask, did you not get/like Splatoon?

See above.

If splatoon or Mario maker don't interest you, what would?

See above for Splatoon.

Regarding Mario Maker, I'm not creative enough to create my own levels and I didn't want to spend £30 playing sub-standard levels when I can just play through any of the 2D Mario games.

What would interest me,

Pilotwings, I know not everyone enjoyed the 3DS version but I loved it, just a relaxing game to play.

F-Zero, online with 20 players, don't care for voice chat for this one as its not really needed for this racer.

Metroid Prime 4, no need to explain why.

A proper online Animal Crossing, not of this limited to 4 people in a town crap. Make a proper community out of it, online mini games, weekly online tournaments. So much potential but each time they fail to deliver the full online experience with these games.

Wave Race, if you aren't going to give us F-Zero, give us this or 1080.

Regarding Splatoon, the weekly weapon update that usually comes on Friday/Saturday is out today.

Anyone think this could somehow align with some "Available this weekend!" style DLC/update via the Direct?

Regarding Splatoon, the weekly weapon update that usually comes on Friday/Saturday is out today.

Anyone think this could somehow align with some "Available this weekend!" style DLC/update via the Direct?

Fun fact.

Nintendo took down the Splatoon Direct on the 6th from their Japanese Youtube and site. They typically do this with Directs whenever they're about to become irrelevant (such as an a new Direct or brand new content coming)

Bah. I'm at work at 4am the following morning. Want to watch it live but can't stay up that late.

When is the direct UK time?

10pm, tomorrow.

Literally right there in the thread title.

10pm, tomorrow.

Literally right there in the thread title.

Sorry, I misunderstood the post above when he mentioned 4am, but now I understand what he was talking about.