NEurope
Serebii

Star Trek Discovery (2017)

From what I’ve read a lot of the planned Klingon stuff was lessened when Brian Fuller left as showrunner so it’s possible that the Tyler stuff would have been a lot more fleshed out in the original plan. Personally I’m hoping season 2 has a lot less Klingons in it as they are still the worst part for me.

Also, while I don’t really want to see him, it might be cool to get a mention of the USS Farragut as that is the ship Kirk should currently be serving on.

The only thing that annoyed me about the Tyler arc was that he wasn't outed by Lorca's Tribble

Oh hey, it's Blackbolt. Can't believe I still remember that.

A shame they didn't (or couldn't) cast Bruce Greenwood.

16 minutes ago, Sméagol said:

Oh hey, it's Blackbolt. Can't believe I still remember that.

A shame they didn't (or couldn't) cast Bruce Greenwood.

Nah, I'm much happier they cant link it to the Kelvin-verse crap.

I'm a bit surprised they didn't recast Pike to be female.

Looks fun though, much needed after last year. Hopefully the writing is much, much improved, needs to be.

Well i'm a little disappointed its not Quinto, he is perfect, but its not like he doesn't have good acting pedigree.

And with that i'm thinking of going dark on info now, so its all a surprise

Big finish to Discovery’s second season today. I thought the season was stronger than the first and it looks like the third season will be very interesting.

I also really hope we get an Enterprise Spin off. Anson Mount is now the definitive Pike for me and I thought Peck did a great job creating his own version of Spock, especially in comparison to Quinto.

For the first time in a long time, I didn't watch the episode as soon as possible yesterday, so I will have to catch up now.

Some episodes this season were hit or miss, a like season 1, but the 2nd half of the season got better and went a very different direction in regards to story, also like season 1. I really liked were things were going so far at the end, with various Star Trek lore coming together, from Pike to Section 31, to that bit of the shorts

with a Discovery a 1000 years into the future

, and maybe even a bit of TNG / ENT with

The Borg?

I have yet to see the final episode, so can't wait.

Tip for those who have yet to catch up themselves, and have more episodes to go: watch the 4 shorts. They're on Netflix, behind "trailers and more". Only 2 out of 4 are actually interesting, but 3 out of 4 provide some context to the season, with 2 of them only obvious at the very end. And the 4th doesn't provide context to this season, but is the most entertaining one (the one with Harry Mudd).