NEurope
Tales

Detroit: Become Human

Just fired up the game and the way they get you to set up your settings is genius.

I done the first mission ( it's the one seen at E3 and PSX with Connor trying to save the little girl ) and it was tense as hell. Every moment in the negotiation had my heart racing. Cracking stuff.

The game gives you a flow chart of the actions you took once you have completed the chapter. This will make it much easier to get a handle on what decisions can lead  to a specific outcome.

I think I'll call it a night but it's been incredible so far. The game is very dark from the get go, with some interesting decisions to be made straight off the bat. I've played through all the chapters that were shown in the various press conferences so it's good to see that those were very early on in the game.

The soundtrack is fantastic. There's some very moving and memorable pieces being played and it's certainly a soundtrack I'll be listening to in the future, much like I do with Heavy Rain's OST.

There's a bunch of stuff you can unlock in the extras menu. As you play the game you unlock pints which can be spent to unlock videos, artwork and music from the game. It's nice to see this kind of stuff included as most games don't bother anymore.

The way the game sets up, i like that.  Very original.

Haven't done a lot, just got passed the demo (basically, what was shown at E3).  Very tense moments trying to get the right outcome.

Edit: Just fired up this morning, the female android on the menu just wished me a good weekend in Detroit.  This is freaky

Edited by Jimbob
Update, saves double post
  • Like 1

Just finished the game. Cage, you wonderful SOB, you've done it again! 

There were so many hard choices to make in the game, more so than any other game by Cage and his team.

The couple of twists and turns in the game are more obvious than Beyond and Heavy Rain but that doesn't make the story any less impactful, in fact I think this is the most interesting story out of the games. There's some chilling stuff here, especially towards the end.

Outside of a couple of character models faces, the graphics in the game are fantastic. The facial animations, especially during scenes of emotional stress, are something very special.

Out of all 3 of the stories I think Markus was probably the weakest, at least at the start of the game. I just found myself more invested in the events of Kara and Connor's lives.

Brilliant game that I recommend to anyone who enjoys a strong narrative in their games. Easily one of the best games I've played this year and another amazing exclusive on the PS4. I'll be starting a second play through soon but Sega Mega Drive Collection and the Street Fighter Collection have just dropped through the door. Busy weekend ahead! :D 

• Like 2

How does it rank compared to Heavy Rain and Beyond? I loved the noir feel of Heavy Rain.

So I finnished my first playthrough of this game at 4am on Friday morning. Had two people die and there were two places in the game that just confused the crap out of me which I will put in the spoiler boxes below.

Spoiler

SO there is a point in the story where Kara and the girl go to an old house where a guy called Zercho or whatever lives. Has a beard, does experiments on androids. So at the point where he puts Kara in the android maintenence machine and starts the reset prgram I have to figure out how to stop the memory reset. To the right of me as a bottle of vodka and it says "cause short circuit?" when I look at it. I'm kicking shit over and yelling but nothing happens. I'm just stuck looking everywhere but not getting any prompts for stuff and can't short circuit the machine. In the end I got reset.

Spoiler

So in Connor's story where you investigate the TV tower after Marcus has broken in you can talk to the three androids in the break room, if you look above the door to the entrence of the broadcast center you see the camera and it prompts you to check CCTV. After checking the CCTV he says one of the androids in the break room saw what happened but didn't report it, saying one of the androids in the break room is a devient. After finding the correct devient android he stabs connor and rips out his regulator before running out of the room. So i'm left screaming for Frank and kicking over chairs and stuff, franticly scanning around for another prompt but none appear and I end up dying because the shutdown timer ran out.

Spoiler

I suggest getting to know Frank as well as you can. In the final chapter Connor is in the Cyberlife HQ android storage floor and has to fight another Connor android who looks exactly the same as him. After the fight Frank pulls out a gun and asks you three questions about him that only the real Connor would know. The first is the name of his dog, the second is the name of his son. I had no Idea this guy had a son so I just picked a random name so he shot me and I died. I don't know if the names I got as choices were all wrong because I never discovered he had a son to begin with. There may be a third question after that before he shoots the fake but I never got that far.

I might give this game another playthrough some other time to explore the different paths I never went down in the story later.

1 hour ago, Fierce_LiNk said:

How does it rank compared to Heavy Rain and Beyond? I loved the noir feel of Heavy Rain.

I like better than the both of them. The message the game sets out to tell is pretty powerful, I think.

@martinist

Spoiler

Frank's son is named Cole. I got to know him pretty well as I tried my best to side with him and learn about his past.

With Connor, when you get stabbed to the table if you look to the very far left you can pull out the knife and crawl to the power core that got ripped out.

The scene with Kara I hit on lucky because I think you need to do things in a certain order. I managed to knock down the vodka on the right and then at the far left you can knock over a light that hits the wet floor and short circuits the device.

• Thanks 1

Finished this earlier. Fantastic game.

For Marcus I chose consistently the violent path as the people disliked us anyway. I'm curious to see if this actually matter on my second playthrough.

Massive spoilers here, so you're warned, but Kara and Alice never made it for me. I got to the border, but I wasn't willing to sacrifice anyone, so they got quickly discovered. Luther died resisting, and Kara and Alice was put down on their knees and shot :(

7 minutes ago, martinist said:

So I finnished my first playthrough of this game at 4am on Friday morning. Had two people die and there were two places in the game that just confused the crap out of me which I will put in the spoiler boxes below.

Kara Spoiler (Hide contents)

SO there is a point in the story where Kara and the girl go to an old house where a guy called Zercho or whatever lives. Has a beard, does experiments on androids. So at the point where he puts Kara in the android maintenence machine and starts the reset prgram I have to figure out how to stop the memory reset. To the right of me as a bottle of vodka and it says "cause short circuit?" when I look at it. I'm kicking shit over and yelling but nothing happens. I'm just stuck looking everywhere but not getting any prompts for stuff and can't short circuit the machine. In the end I got reset.

Connor Spoiler (Hide contents)

So in Connor's story where you investigate the TV tower after Marcus has broken in you can talk to the three androids in the break room, if you look above the door to the entrence of the broadcast center you see the camera and it prompts you to check CCTV. After checking the CCTV he says one of the androids in the break room saw what happened but didn't report it, saying one of the androids in the break room is a devient. After finding the correct devient android he stabs connor and rips out his regulator before running out of the room. So i'm left screaming for Frank and kicking over chairs and stuff, franticly scanning around for another prompt but none appear and I end up dying because the shutdown timer ran out.

Connor 2 (Hide contents)

I suggest getting to know Frank as well as you can. In the final chapter Connor is in the Cyberlife HQ android storage floor and has to fight another Connor android who looks exactly the same as him. After the fight Frank pulls out a gun and asks you three questions about him that only the real Connor would know. The first is the name of his dog, the second is the name of his son. I had no Idea this guy had a son so I just picked a random name so he shot me and I died. I don't know if the names I got as choices were all wrong because I never discovered he had a son to begin with. There may be a third question after that before he shoots the fake but I never got that far.

If you want to know:

For the first one, I think you have to get it right very quickly. I failed too, but I think you have to grab the right cable. Don't know if it is possible to avoid the reset, although if I remember correctly, the flowchart implies you can.

As for the second one, you need to look all the way to the left and pull out the knife that is holding you attached to the table.

As for the third one, I got a different set of events. I knew he had a son from the picture in his house, but he never told me before. That said we never got along through.out the game

I might give this game another playthrough some other time to explore the different paths I never went down in the story later.

Edited by Tales
  • Thanks 1

I pretty much done the opposite of you @Tales.

Spoiler

With Markus I done my best to always find a peaceful solution. Surprisingly North still fell in love with Markus despite her wanting to take more action. 

Kara, Alice and Luther all made it out. Ralph and another character ( forgot his name ) were in the camp with us and help us escape.

I think there was only Simon who died in my playthrough, oh and Conner died once when I went to save Frank.

Just finished another play through of the game, this time finishing with everyone alive.

I finished Telltales Guardians of the Galaxy this morning and the difference in these games is like night and day. Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy Telltales offerings, but the stories, choices, impact and production values are so much better in Cage's games.

2 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Just finished another play through of the game, this time finishing with everyone alive.

I finished Telltales Guardians of the Galaxy this morning and the difference in these games is like night and day. Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy Telltales offerings, but the stories, choices, impact and production values are so much better in Cage's games.

I have enjoyed several of the Telltale games myself, but as far as choices and consequences goes, it often feels more like an illusion. That's why I think the flowchart being showed at the end of the chapter in Detroit is great idea.

Finished my second run in the weekend plus a few chapter selects. Got a couple more and the platinum is mine. Before I started the game, I was considering going for 100% in every chapter, but it is just ridiculous how much can vary in a chapter depending on what you have done before, particularly the last three chapters.  For people who don't want the platinum, I would still suggest to play it again at one point and do things differently.

Edited by Tales

Not really a spoiler so I won't be using tags for this.

You know when you're in the Japanese garden with Amanda as Connor? There is this stone with a blue handprint on it. Every time I touch it, nothing happens. Is there a way to make it do something? Connor died in my playthrough so I don't know if you can do something with it at the end of his story or not.

16 minutes ago, martinist said:

Not really a spoiler so I won't be using tags for this.

You know when you're in the Japanese garden with Amanda as Connor? There is this stone with a blue handprint on it. Every time I touch it, nothing happens. Is there a way to make it do something? Connor died in my playthrough so I don't know if you can do something with it at the end of his story or not.

Spoiler

If you keep Markus and Connor ( turn deviant) alive until the end of the game, Markus will give a speech. While he's doing this, Connor will visit Amanda ( these visits are all in his head ) and she will tell Connor that now that he has gained the trust of Markus they will activate a program within him to essentially reactivity him and order him to kill Markus. If you find the handprint in time you will override Amanda's order, stay deviant and put your gun away. The creator you meet earlier in the game tells you that there is an escape route in each of his programs. This was what he was talking about.

31 minutes ago, Tales said:

I have enjoyed several of the Telltale games myself, but as far as choices and consequences goes, it often feels more like an illusion. That's why I think the flowchart being showed at the end of the chapter in Detroit is great idea.

Finished my second run in the weekend plus a few chapter selects. Got a couple more and the platinum is mine. Before I started the game, I was considering going for 100% in every chapter, but it is just ridiculous how much can vary in a chapter depending on what you have done before, particularly the last three chapters.  For people who don't want the platinum, I would still suggest to play it again at one point and do things differently.

I need to do another 2 play throughs ( all collectibles and the one involving Connor ) but will probably give it a rest and play something else. Don't think I've got it in me to do another 2 straight after doing 2 already. 

• Thanks 1

The Android on the menu hoped I wasn't too tired after a late night session last night.

• Haha 1

Played this a fair bit and loving everything so far. The way the storyline can differ is very impressive. Tend to prefer the Conor, Kara chapters but everything's good.

Not so keen on failing QTEs but they usually give you a couple of attempts to get it right.

• Like 1

This game just keeps going! It's way longer than I ever expected. Can someone tell me how much is left, approx?

Spoiler

Connor and Hank just left the Cyberlife founder's house

Finding Kara and Connor's storylines really compelling. Marcus' is ok I guess. Lots of absolutely fantastic chapters, and they really mix up the gameplay nicely.

5 hours ago, Ronnie said:

This game just keeps going! It's way longer than I ever expected. Can someone tell me how much is left, approx?

Hide contents

Connor and Hank just left the Cyberlife founder's house

Finding Kara and Connor's storylines really compelling. Marcus' is ok I guess. Lots of absolutely fantastic chapters, and they really mix up the gameplay nicely.

I think you've got about 5-6 chapters left but a couple close to the end are quite long. 

It will be interesting to see what ending you get. I've been mopping up the trophies and the ending I got yesterday was completely different to the one I originally seen.

The collectibles are a bit of a nightmare in this. There are a few where you have to replay large portions of the game in row in order to change what is featured in the magazine.

As much as I love Cage's games, I wish there was a skip or fast forward feature for scenes you have already seen. 

• Thanks 1

Got the platinum this evening. I was originally gonna take a break from it but figured I would soldier on. Turned into a bit of a slog at the end but then I don't think these games are meant to played multiple times in a space of a week. :D 

So I'm not too far in but here's some early thoughts:

Spoiler

I really like Kara's story. I have been pretty emotional at time throughout it, particularly her breaking down the mechanical wall and becoming 'deviant' to save Alice and then again with the Zlatov guy erasing her memory. I was like 'noooooo!'

I'm sucked in big time there haha. 

Connor I find the most interesting in terms of I feel like there's a twist to come. I don't know why but I have a feeling like some shit will go down. I also do not trust this Amanda woman and don't really know who or where she is, if she's human, and where Connor is when he visits her. 

The other guy, Marcus, I liked his story to begin with. Now I'm finding it a bit strange and difficult to keep invested in as I play. Will be interesting to see how that pans out as I play more. 

So far though I'm really really enjoying my time with it. I can't wait to see how these stories turn out, and I have a feeling that all three will end up tied together in some way. 

I think the general opinion is that Markus has the weakest storyline, although it does pick up at towards the end.

Is the blonde android that gets you to choose your settings when you first start the game modelled after anyone? She looks really familiar.

Didn't see that coming...

Spoiler

On a bridge after investigating a Deviant at the Eden club and Hank was asking me (Connor) about the two girls. Probing about how Conor feels which I answered quite coldly and it resulted in Hank shooting him!! 

And the chapter ended. Can't believe it! This game though!! :D

Also, just had another moment with Kara and Alice on the merry go round thing. Some truly lovely sections in this so far.

• Like 1