NEurope
Tales

Detroit: Become Human

Reveal trailer from PGW.

This was actually not the first footage we got from the game. It was shown as tech demo 3-4 years ago.

For those not familiar with Quantic Dream, their past games can be described as interactive dramas using realistic motion capture graphic to tell the story, with gameplay usually substiuted with QTEs and choices, similar to the Telltale games and Until Dawn. If you played Until Dawn, it's more or less the same.

Edited by Tales

Really looking forward to this one. Two of my favourite games from the last generation were Heavy Rain and Beyond Two Souls ( when in the hell are they coming out on the PS4? ) so I have high hopes for Detroit.

I'm waiting for Heavy Rain to come to PS4. Really interested in this and the premise has already grabbed me. Just hope it lives up to expectations, although this is aaaaages away.

This is the first I've heard of this. I kinda have to play it I guess, I mean I'm only an hour drive from the city after all.

"This is where it all began. The world's forge. The place where it all started."

David Cage is back, ladies and gentlemen.

Finally, a PS4 exclusive that actually makes me want to play it now! That trailer was great! Featured a lot of Heavy Rain. Sorry.

Will be keeping a very close eye on this one. Despite not owning a PS4.

Finally, a PS4 exclusive that actually makes me want to play it now! That trailer was great! Featured a lot of Heavy Rain. Sorry.

Will be keeping a very close eye on this one. Despite not owning a PS4.

Same! I'm glad that this is more Heavy Rain than Beyond, because the branching story paths are what actually interested me about the game in the first place and this basically looks like Heavy Rain mixed with LA Noire :D

Can’t watch it but the original reveal plus the fact that I’m right down river from Detroit helped sell me. 

I played the E3 demo (hostage scenario) at EGX last month, and it blew me away.

Clever idea overall but what really wowed me were the visuals and especially the presentation, stunning.

• Thanks 1

Quantum Dream - despite everything going on over there at the moment - has reaffirmed that the game will be releasing in spring of this year. 

So we have this some time between March and June (likely prior to E3), and God of War on April 20th, which seems to keep in line with what Sony said a few months ago about all first party games dated with a 2018 release to come in the first half of the year. 

If this does turn out to be true, and we end up with those two games, Days Gone and Spider-Man by the end of June, it does makes me wonder about what - if anything - they could be holding back on for release in H2. 

Release date!

We are proud to announce that Detroit: Become Human now has an official release date. On 25th May, you will finally have the chance to get your hands on Quantic Dream’s most ambitious title to date.

In a dystopian vision of our near future, Detroit is the story of three androids, three machines designed to obey, who start to feel emotions. Confronted with persecution and the violence of society, they will all have to decide who they want to be.

What with the games already released, God of War in April and then this in May, the PS4 is having a cracking start to the year.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

What with the games already released, God of War in April and then this in May, the PS4 is having a cracking start to the year.

Don't forget Ni no Kuni II at the end of March. And Burnout Paradise in two weeks.

200w.gif

Yeah...only one game for me this month :( And maybe for quite some time.

Well...backlog it is :D

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Release date!

Awesome.

And you’re absolutely right, Sony’s really bringing the heat to kick this year off; they seem to really be cementing H1 as their period of focus for exclusives after it worked so well for games like Horizon Zero Dawn and Persona 5 last year, with a focus on third party endeavours in the latter half of the year. They’re really crushing it, and this year is looking like it will shape up to be at least as great on paper as last year was for them. 

I’m getting very curious as to when we hear anything on the Spider-Man front now that we know this, because I can’t see them pushing it back to late in the year, because of: i) the massive list of gigantic third party games coming, ii) wanting to capitalise on that Infinity War hype, and iii) their official stance being that first-party exclusives announced to have a 2018 release date will all have arrived by E3 2018. 

I have figure that it’ll probably be slotting in some time between E3 and the end of August?

That was more intense than I expected...

Spoiler

Snipers shot the Deviant.

I was shocked, to say the least. But Connor seemed unfazed. Made me a little uncomfortable to be honest.

Not going to play this again. Want to explore all the choices in the full game. The demo sold me on this!

My copy got shipped yesterday so it may arrive today. Chuffed that this is a bank holiday weekend. That means more time to play on this. 

Oh fuck, this is out tomorrow?

Damn...think I'll go with Moonlighter as Detroit is too expensive for me right now.

@Hero-of-Time I expect some first impressions :p

Just now, drahkon said:

Oh fuck, this is out tomorrow?

Yeah, it feels the game came out of nowhere.

I've done my best to block it from my mind and avoid anything about the game, as I want to go in knowing as little as possible. I adore Heavy Rain and Beyond Two Souls, so I have high hopes for this. The first time through those games was something very special and i'm hoping it's the same with Detroit. Can't wait. :bouncy:

• Like 1

I never touched the demo when it popped up on PSN, it's something i want to play blind and make my own decisions within.  The PS Access team played the demo, and they managed to achieve what 35% odd did.

3 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Yeah, it feels the game came out of nowhere.

I've done my best to block it from my mind and avoid anything about the game, as I want to go in knowing as little as possible. I adore Heavy Rain and Beyond Two Souls, so I have high hopes for this. The first time through those games was something very special and i'm hoping it's the same with Detroit. Can't wait. :bouncy:

Well there goes the validity of your opinion. 

I typically enjoy these games despite whatever issues they may have. I did play the demo and enjoyed that as well. I actually look forward to multiple playthroughs of this.