NEurope
Hero-of-Time

My Nintendo ( Club Nintendo Successor )

Final prize today and its:

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Nintendo Switch bundle with improved battery life, a Nintendo Switch Online 12-month Individual Membership and £100 Nintendo eShop credit

uqqQBHt.jpg

Edited by Helmsly
  • Thanks 2

Yeah, I was expecting that one to be the best one.

Peach's window definitely got the short straw here.

9 minutes ago, Vileplume2000 said:

Any lucky fellers here? I see the name Greg from UK under NBA 2K20, that you @nekunando?

I wouldn't consider winning NBA 2K20 as lucky. It's the booby prize of the list. :D 

• Haha 6

On 14/01/2020 at 2:09 PM, Vileplume2000 said:

The list of winners for the advent calendar is up on My Nintendo (link below but may be in Dutch):

https://my.nintendo.com/news/cd2084f00febba0e

Any lucky fellers here? I see the name Greg from UK under NBA 2K20, that you @nekunando?

I don't think so! I certainly can't find an email, anyway.. but it doesn't appear to be any great loss!

I had that way before Club Nintendo thought it was cool.

Keep in mind that it's not the full version of Jump Up, Super Star. Just the first half.

There are two themes to be downloaded, a Mario Odyssey one and a NES Mario one. I got both, but apparently I already had the NES one so I have that code to spare.

If you want to save a whopping 100 platinum points you can use it:

Spoiler

B18H L9Y5 3V19 BGPL

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Vileplume2000 said:

There are two themes to be downloaded, a Mario Odyssey one and a NES Mario one. I got both, but apparently I already had the NES one so I have that code to spare.

If you want to save a whopping 100 platinum points you can use it:

Mario NES theme code (Reveal hidden contents)

B18H L9Y5 3V19 BGPL

I don't consider my 3DS retired so I am gonna grab this code if no-one else minds?
What do I owe you? / How can I repay you?

Just now, darksnowman said:

I don't consider my 3DS retired so I am gonna grab this code if no-one else minds?

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e4739d12a21c57b3d1055

• Haha 1
  • Weird 1

29 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

Consider it a gift from my side as I made use of your amazing turnip prices earlier this week!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Vileplume2000 said:

Consider it a gift from my side as I made use of your amazing turnip prices earlier this week!

Very kind of you. This virtual trade cycle knows no end! :) Okay, I am going to go ahead and grab it--the only themes I have are some freebies so I definitely still have room to add this one to the homescreen rotation. Thanks again!

EDIT: Snapped a pic when I got it:
uc?id=1YOOzA8KE1J4wFFAxAS-E_E2Z65Fi68pr

Edited by darksnowman
Pic!
  • Like 1

Nice!!

I'm constantly checking out my eShop wishlist, so easy to see when games you're interested in are on sale. So this'll make it even better.

Their Direct a few weeks ago must have been chopped to pieces because of Covid.

32 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

A My Nintendo app has just been released in Japan. It provides news, notifications about sales on your wishlist and gives a full activity log for both Wii U and Switch games.

https://apps.apple.com/jp/app/my-nintendo-マイニンテンドー/id1495746988

I imagine it will come over here at some point. Shame we can't get the activity log on the Switch itself. 

It's also a shame that the wishlist stuff isn't on the switch itself. 

And also that the press release with the eshop discounts just give percentages rather than prices now, but that's more of a personal bugbear. 

It is on the Switch itself. You go into your profile and click... "Wishlist".

Great news about the activity log though! 

32 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

It is on the Switch itself. You go into your profile and click... "Wishlist".

Great news about the activity log though! 

Including notifications of sales on your wishlist?

You want a popup to say "Hey your game is on sale, buy now?", no that isn't a thing. Anywhere as far as I know.

They send you emails, and now maybe notifications on your phone.

Edited by Ronnie

2 hours ago, Ronnie said:

You want a popup to say "Hey your game is on sale, buy now?", no that isn't a thing. Anywhere as far as I know.

They send you emails, and now maybe notifications on your phone.

It's a thing on Steam.

But yeah emails are fine, was mostly checking if I had missed the functionality on the Switch.

2 hours ago, Ashley said:

It's a thing on Steam.

But yeah emails are fine, was mostly checking if I had missed the functionality on the Switch.

Steam sends you e-mails, but it doesn't interrupt play sessions with pop-ups, which is what I think Ronnie meant. For that matter, it doesn't do it on the Steam library either, the pop-ups there are "Midweek Madness" or "Free Weekend" stuff, completely unrelated to whatever your wishlist is.

Nintendo does send e-mails about wishlist discounts, yeah (albeit not as instantly as Steam does it, since Steam seems to send 10 e-mails a week with those notifications. Instead, Nintendo sends a weekly e-mail with all of the currently available wishlist discounts, on Saturdays). It's a thing you can turn on or off, so if you haven't been receiving them, you might have it off.

1 minute ago, Jonnas said:

Steam sends you e-mails, but it doesn't interrupt play sessions with pop-ups, which is what I think Ronnie meant. For that matter, it doesn't do it on the Steam library either, the pop-ups there are "Midweek Madness" or "Free Weekend" stuff, completely unrelated to whatever your wishlist is.

Nintendo does send e-mails about wishlist discounts, yeah (albeit not as instantly as Steam does it, since Steam seems to send 10 e-mails a week with those notifications. Instead, Nintendo sends a weekly e-mail with all of the currently available wishlist discounts, on Saturdays). It's a thing you can turn on or off, so if you haven't been receiving them, you might have it off.

I'm sure I've got a notification from in the app but maybe I'm mistaken. My brain is basically useless since this lockdown started. 

Nintendo sending only weekly emails makes sense as reductions are done once a week. I believe on Thursday (at least that's when the press release is sent) so Saturday makes sense as it would be when people have more time. 

• Thanks 1

Although it's posted on the EU Twitter account, it looks for now only to be UK only. So get them while they're hot, and here's hoping they come to the mainland as well.

Edited by Vileplume2000
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1