NEurope
Hero-of-Time

My Nintendo ( Club Nintendo Successor )

It’s great that we finally have word on what’s going on with this. I won’t be getting a Switch until later this year, but the more we know about how they’re going to handle things going forward, the better!

5% for downloaded games and 1% of the download value for physical games isn’t great, but I think that it’s good enough to warrant registering games anyway (and should definitely be a great way to pick up some Nindies and smaller titles every now and then). 

My next question, of course, would be whether or not these points can be used for Virtual Console, if and when it launches, or if perhaps it will tie into the Switch Online somehow? Just as an example, PS Plus delivers some exclusive discounts to members, so membership to Switch Online could perhaps offer exclusive discounts or even greater earn rates? 

FINALLY! I'll finally have a use for my hoard! Only took them over a year!

So it's basically the Digital Deluxe Programme from the Wii U making a return, only you earn 5% cashback instead of 10% (and you also earn points from physical purchases too).

Not amazing, but at least it's something!  I'd prefer the 10% obviously, but it's good to see that it works with physical games too (and that you get the full eShop value from both physical games and from download codes too - despite any discounts you might otherwise get).

I got a lot of value out of the DDP back in the day, so I'm glad to see it essentially make a return, even if it isn't quite as good as it used to be.

Edited by Dcubed

2 hours ago, RedShell said:

They should really apply this to any previously earned Gold Points too, where buying a £40 game only got you 70 points. But they blatantly won't.

Yeah, this too.  I should have something stupid like 10,000+ gold coins at this point if it were retroactively applied; but that blatantly won't happen.  All I'll get is an expiration of the points I already have and sweet FA for my past loyalty :mad:

Edited by Dcubed
  • Angry 2

Oh boy... This is hilariously bad. Only Nintendo could think this was a good system. 1% on physical is a joke. 5% isn't so bad, I guess, but we definitely got more for our money when Nintendo was curating choices. How about you just make THAT system better? Or mixing the two? 

The real icing on the cake though is how we're all being punished for supporting the system and buying games. I have 11 physical releases and 15 eshop games, my "reward" for being an almost legendary consumer? £4.61 in the eShop.

Yeah, no thanks.

• Like 2

So they basically devalued my gold coins before I got to even use them. I've bought as many games as I could, both digital and physical, and I'm not even able to buy an average indie game from the E-shop. They should increase the discount, not the number of coins you get!

Edited by Sméagol
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank God that I have forgoten to activate my NBA 2K18 and ARMS points. I'll wait till march then.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L21 using Tapatalk

Honestly I'm pretty annoyed I hoarded my coins for a year just for this. Would have got some 3DS stuff had I known...

Pretty sure eShop purchases are going to drop until March as well, unless they do.

Yeah, I wanted to get FAST and FIFA today as it's on sale, but now I will just wait till march.

I'd rather have more exclusive stuff to spend my coins on, for example Switch themes and avatars or in game items. Stuff that doesn't require me to top up the majority of the cost with my own cash.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Kounan said:

Yeah, I wanted to get FAST and FIFA today as it's on sale, but now I will just wait till march.

Yep, seriously bad move by Nintendo. If they don’t plan to increase the value of previously earned points, then they should expect (and deserve) very low numbers on the eShop this month. 

Can’t believe they’ve settled on this idea actually, going to annoy so many of their most loyal customers. ::shrug:

3 hours ago, RedShell said:

Yep, seriously bad move by Nintendo. If they don’t plan to increase the value of previously earned points, then they should expect (and deserve) very low numbers on the eShop this month. 

Can’t believe they’ve settled on this idea actually, going to annoy so many of their most loyal customers. ::shrug:

I just rewarded Nintendo's stupidity by buying 3 games on the e-shop. Now, what can I spend my 20p "reward" on....??? :indeed:

• Haha 2

Just picked up Bayonetta 2, is it worth waiting until the new system kicks in to redeem the code for the first game, or will it not matter?

5 minutes ago, Ike said:

Just picked up Bayonetta 2, is it worth waiting until the new system kicks in to redeem the code for the first game, or will it not matter?

Given that there are a bunch of codes not actually working for people, it's probably best to see if yours works sooner rather than later.

Yeah I was a bit concerned about that but as far as I've seen its only an issue with NoA?

39 minutes ago, Ike said:

Yeah I was a bit concerned about that but as far as I've seen its only an issue with NoA?

Could be. Haven't seen anyone from the UK/EU complain about it yet.

The Switch rewards section that has been “coming soon” for the past few hundred years has been completely removed from the My Nintendo site, so I guess the new 1 gold coin = 1p malarkey is indeed the reward... :heh:

Un..be..lievable. :laughing: :cry:

• Angry 1

I also received an email from Nintendo about the service going live. Yeah, not something to be that proud of. 1% for physical copies is hilarious.

Stolen from ResetEra but I think it rings true in this case:

"Give a man a handsome reward, and he'll be pleased.

Give a man no reward, and he'll have done it as a kindhearted service.

Give a man a very small reward, and he'll feel cheated. 

Give a man a meh reward, then decide said reward is worth less than it should be, THEN split up his reward because he had to move to a different county despite endless promises of the Switch being 'region free' and he'll want to smash his console on the laminate floor in protest."

Yeah the last one is mine, obviously, but OP has a point. 

Edited by Nicktendo
  • Haha 1

Just registered all of my physical games and I've got £6.79 in eShop credit. I'm pretty happy with that, will have a look through the eShop later to see what I can buy. Can you use it on the 3DS and Wii U eshops too, or does it just work on the Switch?

Just registered my physical games and ended up with over £12.00 in credit. Free money is always a good thing. :D 

• Weird 1

1 minute ago, Kaepora_Gaebora said:

Do you register through the Switch, with the game card in the console?

Yup. Was a pain switching the cards in and out but it's certainly a lot better than having to input various codes.

• Thanks 1

Do you register through the Switch, with the game card in the console?
Yes, or at least I did.

• Thanks 1