NEurope
Hero-of-Time

My Nintendo ( Club Nintendo Successor )

I think the Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp rewards will be added at some point this month so there's something new on the way at least.

• Like 1

No new rewards for November? :blank: They’ve had something go up at the start of each month before, right? Or perhaps I just imagined that... :hmm:

No, your right. Every month. Let’s hope there’s a huge Black Friday sale planned.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, londragon said:

No, your right. Every month. Let’s hope there’s a huge Black Friday sale planned.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Looks like the European My Nintendo was just a little behind schedule compared to the US and Japan, as some new “rewards” have gone up now. As is usually the case though, nothing to get excited about, it’s just “discounts” for old Wii U and 3DS games that everyone already owns or doesn’t want. :indeed:

It still amazes me how Nintendo managed to go from Club Nintendo to this catastrophe of a service. :angry:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RedShell said:

Looks like the European My Nintendo was just a little behind schedule compared to the US and Japan, as some new “rewards” have gone up now. As is usually the case though, nothing to get excited about, it’s just “discounts” for old Wii U and 3DS games that everyone already owns or doesn’t want. :indeed:

It still amazes me how Nintendo managed to go from Club Nintendo to this catastrophe of a service. :angry:

Just checked the new offers out. Yeah, this service massively sucks. I've got 440 gold coins to use and nothing to spend them on.

With Switch rewards still "coming soon"... I had good hope when they dropped Picross Twilight Princess at the start, but yeah pretty bad all in all.

The Wii U Mario Kart 8 DLC packs have been added for 80 gold coins each. :indeed:

I would just love to see the statistics for how many people actually get these rewards. :heh:

I just read a new e-mail a few minutes ago, more points about to expire.. I really hope that at the start of 2018 we're getting Switch stuff to spend coins on. In April the first gold coins are going to expire.. It would've been awesome if they offered the Zelda DLC for say, 200 points or something (I don't know what the value of the Mario Kart DLC packs were).

Some more 3DS & Wii U gold point rewards are up:

3DS:

Siesta Fiesta (40 Gold Points)

Mighty Switch Force! (50 Gold Points)

Wii U:

Gunman Clive HD Collection (40 Gold Points)

Year Walk (60 Gold Points)

Switch:

Sweet FA (Your Gold Points have expired :heh:)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Nothing to get excited about (as usual :hehe:) but here are the new "rewards" for December:

Wii U:

New Super Mario Bros. U DLC: New Super Luigi U (100 Gold Points)

3DS:

Mario's Winter Wonderland (Theme) (20 Gold Points)

Animal Crossing: New Leaf - Jingle's Toy Day (Theme) (20 Gold Points)

Animal Crossing - Winter Frolics (Theme) (20 Gold Points)

Switch:

eB647Tx.png

There's still time... I'm sure Nintendo won't disappoint us by not having any Switch rewards in time for Christmas. :heh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

From the site:

Starting in early March, you’ll be able to spend any Gold Points you’ve accumulated in My Nintendo when purchasing Nintendo Switch software from Nintendo eShop on your device, or even via this website! You can pay for the remaining balance with Nintendo eShop funds, or any other payment method available in Nintendo eShop.

I guess it all depends how much Gold Points are worth but the fact that we can finally use them for Switch software now is good news.

Edited by Helmsly

Sweet! I wonder what the exchange rate is going to be. I have a feeling it won't be the best deal. I also can't remember how many it was in the old Club Nintendo system when you could buy Nintendo Points using your stars.

3 minutes ago, Helmsly said:

I guess it all depends how much Gold Points are worth

1 Gold Point = 1p (GBP)

Well, at least there will be some use for them. :blank:

• Haha 1

5% isn't terrible, just not too great. Buy 20 games, get one free.. What was the deal with the premium Wii U? I remember that was pretty good...

4 minutes ago, Helmsly said:

"If you pay £40 for a game on Nintendo eShop, you’ll receive 200 Gold Points.
Next time, you’ll be able to use those points and save £2."

They should really apply this to any previously earned Gold Points too, where buying a £40 game only got you 70 points. But they blatantly won't.

• Angry 1

14 minutes ago, RedShell said:

They should really apply this to any previously earned Gold Points too, where buying a £40 game only got you 70 points. But they blatantly won't.

yeah :angry: I stupidly registered my copy of Splatoon 2 last summer so I have less gold points for that game then if I had waited. At the time I had not been paying attention to MyNintendo at all, and just assumed that if I can register for Gold Coins on my switch that there much be Switch rewards...

I'm glad I didn't register Mario Odyssey at the time I got it.

Quick question though, do you get gold coins for games downloaded from the eshop? I have Sonic Mania, Blaster Master and Wonder Boy Dragons Tale but I don't see anywhere I can get coins for them

Edited by Helmsly

2 minutes ago, Helmsly said:

Quick question though, do you get gold coins for games downloaded from the eshop? I have Sonic Mania, Blaster Master and Wonder Boy Dragons Tale but I don't see anywhere I can get coins for them

The points should be added automatically. You should be able to see them in Points History.

• Thanks 1

Yeah, at least there's the option to delay registering a physical game (although the amount of points earned is far worse! :shakehead) digital purchases are automatically registered.

• Angry 1

12 minutes ago, Pestneb said:

5% isn't terrible, just not too great. Buy 20 games, get one free.. What was the deal with the premium Wii U? I remember that was pretty good...

Yeah I think you would get £5 of credit for every 500 points you collected and one retail game gave you more then 500.

How many gold points does everyone have at the moment? I've got just under 500, which as far as I can tell would be around 1400 with the new rate. :mad: Seriously not cool if they don't modify the value of existing points. Pretty sure eShop purchases are going to drop until March as well, unless they do.

I have two profiles - one main and one for buying stuff in other regions. There's only 84 and 130 on those. But you don't get points from download codes given for review...

• Thanks 1