NEurope
Hero-of-Time

My Nintendo ( Club Nintendo Successor )

From the investor meeting.

43l.jpg

We will start a new point program as well, which not only involves Nintendo’s dedicated game systems but also smart devices.

With the Club Nintendo membership service that was ended on September 30, 2015, you earned points when you purchased software. With this new point program, you can earn points by playing games as well.

Whether you have played the software for dedicated game systems or our applications for smart devices, you can earn points that can then be used on our dedicated game systems or on smart devices.

Naturally, you can also earn points by purchasing software.

With the new points, you can obtain digital add-on content, which will make the game you are playing even more fun, original merchandise or a coupon, which can be used as a discount for new software.

This is also a plan for the future, but we are going to provide our membership service benefits in other real-life facilities such as theme parks, movie theaters and retail outlets.

Miitomo releases in March alongside My Nintendo, which is the new member service to replace Club Nintendo.

So...

Purchase games and play games in order to earn gamerscrore, and actually use it to buy add-ons and stuff?

Sounds interesting.

Yes. But some people around here will be pissed they haven't ditched Miis.

What's wrong with Miis

What's wrong with Miis

Apparently they need to be ditched because they remind people of the Wii/Wii U and failure. I'm fine with them...just as long as they recieve a massive update in customization.

Apparently they need to be ditched because they remind people of the Wii/Wii U and failure. I'm fine with them...just as long as they recieve a massive update in customization.

That's the dumbest shit I have seen in quite a while. If anyone uses that reasoning unironically, they need a slap upside the head :p

Also relevant...

From the investor's meeting

http://blogs.wsj.com/japanrealtime/2...ame-live-blog/

Nintendo’s new membership service will be called “Nintendo Account” — it will connect hardware users, as well as PC and smart device users, Mr. Kimishima says.

Nintendo will use a cloud-based data service to transfer game data between mobile games and console games.

45.jpg

It seems that the real name of the account is "My Nintendo"

(My Nintendo is the name of the Club Nintendo replacement)

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/library...151029/05.html

38.jpg

Easy to create new accounts. Use NNID, facebook, gmail, etc

39.jpg

You'll be able to purchase software downloads on the site, see purchases, play info, and game-related messages.

https://twitter.com/Cheesemeister3k/...55374408732673

Earn points for playing and buying games

Use My Nintendo account in theme parks, stores, and theaters (movies confirmed?)

So the My Nintendo Account is going to live alongside the NNID? Is it going to completely replace it eventually?

Either way, Cloud Saves are much appreciated! Hopefully they'll allow blanket use of the cloud to allow transferable saves. Really annoying that they're locked to a single Wii U!

I like the sound of this new Club Nintendo successor. Earning points for actually playing the games sounds really cool. I wonder how that'll be done... Via time spent on the Activity Log?

I wonder how that'll be done... Via time spent on the Activity Log?

That would be too easy. I mean, you could just leave your game on while you go do something else. :D

Finally Nintendo hit 2005

Cute, you think Xbox Live was like this in 2005 :p

Also, in accordance with each member’s profile, purchase records and play records, we will send notices and gifts.*

For example, an Animal Crossing character called Isabel may send some information or a present to those who are playing with that game, Mario Kart players may receive a notice about add-on content and we may also send a message that enables the recipient to purchase some software at an attractive price point on his or her birthday.

Nice to see the birthday rewards remain.

That would be too easy. I mean, you could just leave your game on while you go do something else. :D

Most of the credit I've earned through the Xbox reward scheme has just been leaving various pieces of software sitting on the title screen so it's not impossible!

Most of the credit I've earned through the Xbox reward scheme has just been leaving various pieces of software sitting on the title screen so it's not impossible!

Didn't even realise that thing was still going. I remember getting a fair few points for buying so many XBLA games one Summer.

Are we going able to register from "zero". I couldn't connect my Wii U to my Ninentendo Club, as they were cancleing it, so I hope that I will have no problems registering when the new account.

I hope that they will be some eShop discounts, as I will not be able to use anything retail related in my country.

I don't see them making these points work via an overarching achievement system, given how they take a philosophical stance against them - it also wouldn't work retroactively with all of their existing games.

Using the activity feed would be a way to make it work with everything, but it would be open to abuse... Maybe they could require you to perform a certain amount of controller inputs every minute to get around the "problem" of people cheesing the system by leaving the games idle? Or maybe they just wont care :p

Are we going able to register from "zero". I couldn't connect my Wii U to my Ninentendo Club, as they were cancleing it, so I hope that I will have no problems registering when the new account.

I hope that they will be some eShop discounts, as I will not be able to use anything retail related in my country.

Yeah, it says right there that you are registering a brand new account. You can choose to fill in the details from scratch or you can just transfer your already existing details from something else like Facebook or Nintendo Network.

And it also says that digital discounts will be offered alongside other things like physical merchandise. Specifically it points out that they'll be able to do things like discounts on digital games on your birthday.

Edited by Dcubed

Cute, you think Xbox Live was like this in 2005 :p

Well one didn't need to call customer service and get a police report to access account purchases.

So yes it does look like Nintendo have finally caught up.

So guys, because I don't really have experience with online staff as I didn't really care, do you think that this will be an improvement and if yes, how big of improvement?

Well one didn't need to call customer service and get a police report to access account purchases.

So yes it does look like Nintendo have finally caught up.

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Certainly sounds interesting, earning points as you play. That will encourage (hopefully) more people to play Nintendo games.

All sounds promising, but also sounds pretty confusing - Nintendo Network ID, Nintendo Account, My Nintendo.... I don't understand how all this isn't ONE thing...

All sounds promising, but also sounds pretty confusing - Nintendo Network ID, Nintendo Account, My Nintendo.... I don't understand how all this isn't ONE thing...

Playstation Network

PSN ID

PS+

etc.

Just saying that you can have these things with different names all part of one system. They are all one thing, but different elements of it.

Playstation Network

PSN ID

PS+

etc.

Just saying that you can have these things with different names all part of one system. They are all one thing, but different elements of it.

Bit disineguine saying Playstation Networking then PSN ID. If you said PSN, PSN ID and PS+ it doesn't look so seperate. Plus if you're going to add in PSN then you need to add in Nintendo Network to their ever list of things to sign up to. And PS + is a paid for service.

They are having 3 different account systems, it's ridiculous it isn't one.... I guess NNID won't survive, it doesn't make sense to have NNID and Nintendo Account. So I wonder if NNID simply wouldn't move over and the Account is the new version... but then they shouldn't allow you to sign up with NNID if it is becoming obsolete...

I don't know, messy, but then their console naming is stupidly messy too; their insane amounts of controllers is messy... they love mess!!!!

Bit disineguine saying Playstation Networking then PSN ID. If you said PSN, PSN ID and PS+ it doesn't look so seperate. Plus if you're going to add in PSN then you need to add in Nintendo Network to their ever list of things to sign up to. And PS + is a paid for service.

They are having 3 different account systems, it's ridiculous it isn't one.... I guess NNID won't survive, it doesn't make sense to have NNID and Nintendo Account. So I wonder if NNID simply wouldn't move over and the Account is the new version... but then they shouldn't allow you to sign up with NNID if it is becoming obsolete...

I don't know, messy, but then their console naming is stupidly messy too; their insane amounts of controllers is messy... they love mess!!!!

I don't get your playstation network vs the acronym point...

As I see it NNID is a key to access your "Nintendo account" and "My Nintendo" is found inside the Nintendo account. Although I haven't really looked in depth at it all so I may be wrong :P

It's like NNID, your Wii U, MK8. I think it's pretty disingenious to suggest you can't keep track of 3 elements when you have gotten on just fine with engaging 3 in the past.

Your NNID is required to play MK8 online, your Wii U is required to play MK8. It's actually more complicated than I had appreciated, but actually was seamless enough that once set up I personally haven't really thought about those 3 elements interacting. In fact there is the 4th because there was also interaction (albeit limited) with club nintendo.

@dazzybee, if you have a NNID you can simply use that to log in to MyNintendo. People without a NNID can also sign up for the service.