NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Sméagol

Jessica Jones

I had issues with the first season but still watched it beginning to end, which is more than I can say for Luke Cage, Iron Fist or Punisher, so I'll definitely give it a shot. Hope they get a bit more superheroic visuals in this time. Also it would be good if they don't constantly revisit the old alcoholic miserable git angle.

I enjoyed Jessica Jones, much more than I did Iron Fist. Ok, so the self-hating, alcoholic anti-hero thing was a little draining, but it's no worse than Daredevil's "I must obey the law", Batman's "My parents are DEEEEEAAAAAADDDDD!" or Danny Rand's boundless optimism.

• Thanks 1

I enjoyed Jessica Jones, much more than I did Iron Fist. Ok, so the self-hating, alcoholic anti-hero thing was a little draining, but it's no worse than Daredevil's "I must obey the law", Batman's "My parents are DEEEEEAAAAAADDDDD!" or Danny Rand's boundless optimism.
Don't forget Luke Cage's "HARLEMHARLEMHARLEMHARLEMHARLEM"
  • Like 1

Just watched the first episode of season 2. Seems like it could be good but it'll depend how the main mystery unfolds. Some iffy effects though for the powers shown in the episode.

I haven’t finished season 2 and it’s a bit more grounded than season 1 but overall ehhh. I stopped around episode 12 or 13 I think. 

Still easily better than Iron Fist or The Punisher. Punisher was plain not good. At least Iron Fist had some Run the Jewels in it. 

I haven’t finished season 2 and it’s a bit more grounded than season 1 but overall ehhh. I stopped around episode 12 or 13 I think. 
Still easily better than Iron Fist or The Punisher. Punisher was plain not good. At least Iron Fist had some Run the Jewels in it. 

You stopped watching on the penultimate episode? It wasn't that bad...

Critically lazy though. 

Edit: me I mean. I am critically lazy. As in too lazy to be arsed with fully paying attention to what is happening. 

Edited by Nolan
  • Like 1

I watched the first episode the day after it came out and just watched the second and I don't care about any of it...

So I remember while watching this, they introduce a character called Dr Karl Malus, who is very interested in octopuses.

That's an odd name, I think, but then I realise...Karl Malus....Malus, Karl....Malus, K.... MalusK....Mollusc! He's a fan of octopuses, is a mad geneticist, and his name is Mollusc, I bet he has some sort of accident and transforms into some sort of tentacled bad guy! I'm a genius!

And then they kill him off several episodes later to very little fanfare.

Very disappointing.

I thought I was enjoying Season 2, but add it to another long list of Marvel shows I just gave up on half way through....

I did not enjoy this as much as the first season, it was still better than The Defenders and Iron Fist, but the lack of a really threatening villain made it fall flat.

I did not enjoy this as much as the first season, it was still better than The Defenders and Iron Fist, but the lack of a really threatening villain made it fall flat.
You could say it was calling out for a well named octopus-based bad guy eh?

Just finally finished watching season 2. I thought it was ok. The character stuff was really good but the overall story fell flat. The finale was a bit of a wet fart as well.

I also hope we don’t have to see Oscar in season 3. He was such a nothing character.

Sign in to follow this