NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Dan_Dare

Starting a regular Rocket League game

Morning all.

I heart Rocket League. Rocket League is ludicrously good. Everyone knows this. If you somehow don't know this, get on it. It's the best sports game in years and isn't even about boring old smelly sportsball.

What isn't good is playing with randos who think that how you play Rocket League is to chase the ball around the pitch like a demented gaggle of ducks, interrupt perfectly good striking opportunities for their own team ( because ball) and generally turn the beautiful game in to a complete cluster fuck.

Anyway, point is: great game, less great players when you play solo. Let's get a forum team going similar to how we roll in the awesome Destiny thread.

Go!

Morning all.

I heart Rocket League. Rocket League is ludicrously good. Everyone knows this. If you somehow don't know this, get on it. It's the best sports game in years and isn't even about boring old smelly sportsball.

What isn't good is playing with randos who think that how you play Rocket League is to chase the ball around the pitch like a demented gaggle of ducks, interrupt perfectly good striking opportunities for their own team ( because ball) and generally turn the beautiful game in to a complete cluster fuck.

Anyway, point is: great game, less great players when you play solo. Let's get a forum team going similar to how we roll in the awesome Destiny thread.

Go!

I'm up for this to be fair! I'm bang average at it!

I would most definitely be up for this.

Though I may be frustratingly shit, too. I did find Ranked a bit better to play online, but I've recently gone back to unranked and gotten into terrible habits...

Interested, though I haven't even started up the game yet! :blank:

So many games... ::shrug:

I'll try to get into it soon though. : peace:

@Eenuh and I are probably up for this, too. We both heart Rocket League.

We are both incredible shit, though. She's better than I am and scores more goals. I'm more defensive and do lots of assisting.

I'm guessing this will be PS4 players only?

Ahhh yeah, that's the presumption I was working under!

It's a shame all the "cross-platform" stuff was so misleading. I don't care about playing against random people on other consoles.

Edited by Cube

I'm guessing this will be PS4 players only?

Unless you start up a PC-players team. I don't know if there are many on here who play that version, though.

It's a shame the cross platform is only in matchmaking but, yes, was thinking primarily ps4.

I have a fairly busy weekend coming on - how does early next week sound for a kick about?

I can't do Mondays for the foreseeable future(rewatching the awesome fullmetal brotherhood) but can probably manage evenings pretty fine - weekends tend to be worse for me in terms of fixed times, and I'll still be sporadic of the weekday evenings but much more likely then. For next week Tuesday currently looks my best/only, actually. @Marcamillian may be interested in joining if he's about too.

I've also found out that custom games can be done cross-platform, you just create a game with a name and password.

I'm pretty sure that @The Peeps and @Aqui1a play RL on the PC. Could be wrong though!

True facts.

Yeah you can set up a custom game between friends if you set up a room and all enter via the password. Obviously this is only good for games between ourselves and not for teaming up in matchmaking.

It's a shame only 4 player teams though, how would it work if more wanted to play?

Well if we play customs, that's 8, but otherwise the way we do it in Destiny is to make a post like:

@[yourself]

@[forum member]

@[forum member]

@[forum member]

Start time is [time] on [day]

Then everyone replies to claim a spot. If the session fulls up, you can just start over and open a new session.

Speaking of which...when're you thinking for this? :p

I'm down for Tuesday, and possibly re-arranging Wednesday so I'll be a maybe for that.

I'd be up for it, but not regularly, i.e. on a set evening every week.

Just mention me in a post and I'll see whether I got time or not : peace:

OK need to organise this properly.

Game on Wednesday eve - 7.30 start. Holler if you're in. We'll organise teams beforehand if enough are keen.

Edited by Dan_Dare

Goddamn it! I re-organised last Wednesday's pub for this Wednesday hoping to be able to play! I'm most certainly out if it's Mon weds or Fri(maybe).

@Dan_Dare perusing the Destiny thread it looks a little like you might have even double-booked yourself??

So who else do we have for Thursday? Stick with Dan's suggested 7.30?

@S\.C\.G

@drahkon

@Emerald Emblem

Not sure on the PC front dealie but I'll mention too;

@Cube

@Aqui1a

@The Peeps

I've no idea of the setup once actually in the game mind; so I'm hoping Dan Dare's still gonna take care of that - just wanted to get the mentions on for those who've posted so far! @Marcamillian interested too?

Sign in to follow this