NEurope
RedShell

KONAMI - What the hell are they doing!?

On 7/21/2021 at 5:26 PM, Dcubed said:

In more FucKonami news, PES is now dead.  Long live eFootball!

https://www.ign.com/articles/efootball-pes-2022-free-to-play-renamed-release-date

roadmap-1-1626851317090.jpg

Free 2 Play GAAS platform, no more retail releases, game is built for mobile first & consoles second with cross platform play between everyone, 9 teams at launch, single player modes bought at a premium, control scheme now copies FIFA.

Dele-Alli-was-caught-on-camera-sticking-

Fuck you PES fans!

The result: The worst reviewed Steam game in history.

• Haha 4

On 01/10/2021 at 2:26 PM, Julius said:

Virtuous are reportedly the ones working on a Metal Gear Solid 3 remake. 

An update on this from VGC:

An employee at Chinese studio Virtuos has confirmed it's working on an "unannounced [triple-A] action adventure game remake", following VGC's report that it's been handed the Metal Gear Solid license.

According to his description, the remake will feature "[triple-A] quality level art", 4K graphics and "set piece destruction". Li also makes reference to multiple platforms in his description of the project.

VGC first reported last month that Virtuos is working on a new version of Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater and the project described in Li's profile may or may not be related.

Some odd choices going on with remakes these days, first Aspyr getting the KOTOR Remake and now Virtuos reportedly getting Snake Eater. Then there was also CyberConnect getting Final Fantasy VII Remake, obviously before S-E brought it under their own roof. 

I wonder if we'll see a minor rebranding if they are going with a Snake Eater remake to kick things off? Wouldn't make sense calling it "MGS3 Remake" in my mind if most haven't actually played MGS3 and don't have easy access to the original or earlier games, as is the case on the current platforms besides Xbox through backwards compatibility. While I know Metal Gear is obviously Kojima's child, I think Metal Gear Solid in particular is what comes to mind as really being his own thing, so I could see Konami calling this game "Metal Gear: Operation Snake Eater" or something along those lines. 

Could be a smart move starting with this game anyways, as it is as the start of the timeline. I can't see them remaking or wanting to adapt Peace Walker, there's no way they're going to touch MGS V, so after a Snake Eater remake, maybe we'd then be moving onto adapting Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2? I haven't played either, but I don't think they're particularly long, so depending on how they're adapted I could see them being treated as one game, if it makes sense to do so in terms of the story?

Assuming those sell well, it could all build massive hype to the main event: a remake of Metal Gear Solid (assuming these are all multi-platform I would hope it wouldn't be an exclusive, even on PlayStation, and not being remade by Bluepoint...which would be unfortunate!). Tweak some things to make it a new Metal Gear universe and keep it a bit fresh, and you could have a great trilogy on your hands there (I mean, conceptually at least) which kind of comes full circle. I do really like 4 as a great way to bring it all together, but I feel like that game would be better off with a remaster (plus the Apple licensing makes it a weird one), and 2 is very much a Kojima thing, and probably being considered the black sheep in the series by most, I don't know if they'd want to remake it. Especially if they have the opportunity to end on Metal Gear Solid Remake. 

Or this could just be Konami being Konami and they start by remaking 3 before making 6 or expanding on Peace Walker to focus on Big Boss and give him his own saga instead, or or or, they just want to lead into Survive more smoothly :p 

This came the day after Tokyo Game Show ended. All of these, "the series is getting revived" rumours have all been the same. Just wait until Konami announces something. Should they confirm anything at all.

20 minutes ago, CrowingJoe79 said:

But Silent Hill:confused:

I'm waiting for you. In my special place! 

That's been in Bomberman for ages now. It's old news.

41 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Suikoden is the new hotness confirmed

85eadbf6564b1ca495421302d97e3b75.gif

On 21/12/2021 at 8:47 AM, Glen-i said:

Then please tell Konami to make a proper game in the Silent Hill franchise again, since Capcom ripped off P.T. for their recent RE sequels, created in first person, and they need to show them who the boss is here. :laughing:

Did you see the house with the dolls in RE8? Yeah. I wonder what that segment was supposed to be 'paying homage' to. :cheeky:

In all seriousness, it has been forever since Konami gave a damn about the series, so expect everybody to start posting the hearsay again real soon, because I reckon that's the only thing keeping the name "alive" these days! 

In this week's month's year's episode of KONAMI - What the hell are they doing!?, apparently they'll be announcing a new game in a beloved series at TGS next month which is not related to Metal Gear, Castlevania, or Silent Hill. 

I think we all know what this means... it's Suikoden time! :p

fishing-suikoden.gif

Spoiler

Nah who am I kidding it's 1000% a Yu-Gi-Oh thing

Edited by Julius

EjqovibWsAMRMba?format=jpg&name=large

It's time, boys

Yes, I know it's going to be Super Bomberman 3 or whatever

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

On 31/08/2022 at 1:55 PM, Julius said:

I think we all know what this means... it's Suikoden time! :p

Congratulations: you win.

At life in general as well, clearly

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, Jonnas said:

Congratulations: you win.

ad847aee0328b3ce68fbed30b6d78238.gif

8 hours ago, Jonnas said:

At life in general as well, clearly

Looks down at ailing body

captain-america-chris-evans.gif

• Haha 2

I mean, after reading his writeups and it getting a Switch HD release, I kinda have to try it now, don't I?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

I mean, after reading his writeups and it getting a Switch HD release, I kinda have to try it now, don't I?

breaking-bad-walter-white.gif

It's either that or the Ignore list :p

Spoiler

I'm kidding...

i-was-acting.gif

...or am I? 

• Haha 3