NEurope
RedShell

KONAMI - What the hell are they doing!?

How many times can one game be remade!?

Hell MGS itself is basically a glorified remake of Metal Gear 2 on MSX!

Edited by Dcubed

If licensing wasn't an issue, why not just port Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes across to modern platforms? ::shrug:

Upscale it to HD, add in some extras, take out the Nintendo references for multiplatform versions, heck... port the GC original across to the Switch untouched. :p

Or... just remake it again. :rolleyes:

4 hours ago, S.C.G said:

If licensing wasn't an issue, why not just port Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes across to modern platforms? ::shrug:

k0jPoN6.gif

• Haha 3

Bloody love the first MGS. If updated graphics and gameplay allow/encourage more people to experience it, I'm absolutely all for it.

Hell, I'll probably get it myself. Loved the gameplay of the later MGS games, so experiencing the first one's story with that gameplay would be excellent.

4 minutes ago, Goafer said:

Bloody love the first MGS. If updated graphics and gameplay allow/encourage more people to experience it, I'm absolutely all for it.

Hell, I'll probably get it myself. Loved the gameplay of the later MGS games, so experiencing the first one's story with that gameplay would be excellent.

God yeah MGS1 in the MGSV engine would be amazing.

Edited by Happenstance

9 minutes ago, Julius said:

We're in the bad ending timeline. 

it certainly seems that way... but there's still time for everything to change...

...it's coming up for E3 afterall, we might still get that Twin Snakes remake yet. ;)

Or maybe not, and it's all for nothing... and Konami really did just get David Hayter to voice a character cameo in a free-to-play Bomberman game, and that's it. ::shrug:

Snake? SNAKE?!? SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!!!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Julius said:

We're in the bad ending timeline. 

To be fair, it WAS always really weird that Snake wasn’t in Super Bomberman R... Even Ebismaru got in for Christ’s sake!

Silent Hill looks...different. 

Guess the victim too! 

Crimesight is a new type of competitive mystery game that revolves around a murder case in the "predicted future".  

Now looking for beta participants! 

Between this and the PES 2022 online beta test literally being called 'New Football Game Online Performance Test' and also releasing today, it's been a strange 24 hours.

And no, I'm not joking about that name. Really. 

E4roMaQWEAUND3s?format=jpg&name=large

Konami -- what the hell are you doing?! 

Edited by Julius
  • Haha 1

Konami are entering a "strategic partnership" with Bloober Team. Official press release:

KONAMI, one of the world’s largest game publisher, and Bloober Team, have signed a strategic cooperation agreement. It will include jointly developing selected contents and exchanging know-how.

– It is a historic day for me and the culmination of several years of our work. The fact that such a renowned company as KONAMI has decided to strategically cooperate with the Bloober Team means that we also joined the world leaders in gaming and became an equal partner for the leading players in this market.  – comments Piotr Babieno, president of the Bloober Team. 

– We have been providing unique entertainment content and ways to enjoy it through the use of information technology. In the digital entertainment industry, significant changes in the business environment are expected in the future. We look forward to combining Bloober Team’s and our respective characteristics and strengths to create high-quality contents. KONAMI – comments Hideki Hayakawa Representative Director, President Konami Digital Entertainment

Pouring one out for all the Silent Hill fans, gone from hopes of a Kojima project revival with Abandoned to Bloober in the space of a week and a half or so. 

Konami you numpties. 

VGC are reiterating that there are two separate Silent Hill games in the works: one being worked on by Bloober, and one by a prolific Japanese dev.

So, maybe all isn't lost for SH fans. But still, this is Konami, so...

• Weird 1

4 hours ago, Julius said:

VGC are reiterating that there are two separate Silent Hill games in the works: one being worked on by Bloober, and one by a prolific Japanese dev.

So, maybe all isn't lost for SH fans. But still, this is Konami, so...

Ahh.  So one for consoles and one for Japanese Pachinko machines.  Gotcha.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Like, holy smokes. I guess the many rumours were true after all. They were initially rather annoying to some extent, as nobody really knew what to make of the hearsay. But then they started to pile up more often over the last several months.

What an announcement to make. On the last day of June, no less! :grin:

15 hours ago, Dcubed said:

Ahh.  So one for Japanese Pachinko machines and one for Japanese Pachinko machines.  Gotcha.

Fixed that for you.

• Haha 2

Hey. Does anybody think that The Evil Within 2 was a lot like Silent Hill: Origins with the "normal world" and the "not normal world", which you experienced from touching the mirrors? 

I think once in a while, horror games do something different to stay fresh, and that's what The Medium (also by Bloober Team) attempted to do. While it wasn't well received as much as say, the overrated Resident Evil Village, I don't think they wanted to change the genre up that much. Really, some developers just understand that the genre went a bit stale, so they wanted to somewhat revive it with a game that more so just pays homage to those splendid titles from yesteryear. The thing with Capcom and their games, is that they will do 2719 worthless sequels, just hoping they will eventually get to the damn point. LOL. But with Silent Hill, none of the games are really all that connected, so one bad apple should not necessarily spoil the bunch, as they say.

I even think some of the less critically acclaimed games, were still pretty scary. They just play in a really sucky way, which of course can make or break a game for a lot of people. But I'd take that over the "faceless" Ethan Winters and the fat shaming salesman. ;) 

Like, was that dude all in Ethan's head or something? How can he just set up a shop everywhere, without anybody noticing him? LMAO. But it was funny to hear him make a reference to the other merchant from Spain. 

Well, Konami have just announced a new game that's coming to all platforms...

Looks suspiciously similar to MTG Arena but with Yugioh cards..

• Thanks 1

Yu-Gi-Oh!?!

That can mean only one thing...

tenor.gif?itemid=12403495&f=1&nofb=1

'It's Time To... D-D-D-D-D-Duel!'

• Like 1

In more FucKonami news, PES is now dead.  Long live eFootball!

https://www.ign.com/articles/efootball-pes-2022-free-to-play-renamed-release-date

roadmap-1-1626851317090.jpg

Free 2 Play GAAS platform, no more retail releases, game is built for mobile first & consoles second with cross platform play between everyone, 9 teams at launch, single player modes bought at a premium, control scheme now copies FIFA.

Dele-Alli-was-caught-on-camera-sticking-

Fuck you PES fans!

Edited by Dcubed
  • Haha 2

It's sad and unfortunate, but I don't think we will be running around the fog shrouded streets of Silent Hill ever again. A darn shame too, as it's one of their trademark series that put Konami on the map. But of course, that was a long time ago. These days, we have more than enough P.T. clones circulating on Steam anyway. 

Still. I mean, Akira said in early 2021, that it was "the one you are kind of hoping to hear about". What was that about, then? Surely he wouldn't just say that if it was not about a series we already love. 

I don't know. The hearsay certainly got annoying after a while. Even today, the rumour mill refuses to die. 

Here we go again: new report from VGC saying that Konami is bringing back Metal Gear, Castlevania, and Silent Hill. 

However, following a restructure to the company's game development divisions earlier this year, Konami is now focused on bringing back its biggest brands to the premium games space, VGC was told.

The first of these titles will be a new Castlevania game, which sources described as a "reimagining" of the series currently in development internally at Konami in Japan, with support from local external studios.

There's been much speculation that Demon's Souls studio Bluepoint could be working on a remake of Metal Gear Solid. However, VGC was told the series is actually being worked on by an external studio based in China.

The remake project is currently in early development and multiple sources suggested it would be centred around fan-favourite entry Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, rather than the original MGS.

Konami also intends to release remasters of the original Metal Gear Solid games for modern consoles, ahead of the larger project, we understand.

Finally, multiple Silent Hill games are currently in development at various external development studios, as per an earlier VGC report from February.

One of these projects was outsourced to a prominent Japanese developer earlier this year, we were told.

Konami should publicly showcase its plans at major shows next year, disruption from the pandemic permitting. Konami pulled out of this year's E3 2021 show due to "timing" issues, although at the time it confirmed it had "a number of key projects" in the works.

Full article here

Virtuous are reportedly the ones working on a Metal Gear Solid 3 remake. 

Sigh. Keeping up with Konami leaks for the last couple of years has been exhausting! 

Edited by Julius