NEurope
Hogge

Twilight Princess HD (4th March)

Urgh!! Playing this is screwing with my mind after only playing the Wii version.

Everything is back to front!

Why was it changed from GCN to Wii anyway?

Urgh!! Playing this is screwing with my mind after only playing the Wii version.

Everything is back to front!

Why was it changed from GCN to Wii anyway?

"Immersion" since most people are right handed so they made Link right handed. Apparently this messed up a ton of stuff and it was easier to mirror everything then to rebuild it.

Good god, I was making a joke about how I was playing Normal Mode and how the Wii one I originally played is flipped from that.

Jeez :p

I'm kind of glad that I barely remember Twilight Princess. I don't even know what the dungeons are other than the obligatory water one and the cool sky one.

I do remember the spinner being awesome but underutilised.

Also, Google Maps have change the street view guy to Link.

I'm kind of glad that I barely remember Twilight Princess. I don't even know what the dungeons are other than the obligatory water one and the cool sky one.

I do remember the spinner being awesome but underutilised.

Also, Google Maps have change the street view guy to Link.

I'm the same. I've only ever played through it the once.

I remember some of the dungeon settings ( forest, sky, snow, water fire etc. ) but I can't remember anything about the puzzles or fights within them.

I've got a clear schedule over the weekend, so i'll be looking to put some serious time into it.

I just couldn't get my head round the fact that due to me only playing the Wii version before it is all flipped on this haha.

Also, its a a bit strange that after playing something like Witcher 3 this game doesn't look amazing. Sure, I know its just an upgraded port. I'm sure i'll get used to it though.

It has been so long since I originally played the game that apart from the beginning bit it will feel all new. I'm looking forward to sinking some hours into it :D

Also, its a a bit strange that after playing something like Witcher 3 this game doesn't look amazing. Sure, I know its just an upgraded port. I'm sure i'll get used to it though.

The one thing that really hit me while playing yesterday was just how awful Links animations are. The way he runs is flat out hilarious. :D

The one thing that really hit me while playing yesterday was just how awful Links animations are. The way he runs is flat out hilarious. :D

This is my big gripe, in the videos we've seen of Zelda WiiU his animation is still shoddy!

This is my big gripe, in the videos we've seen of Zelda WiiU his animation is still shoddy!

Yeah, the one they showed at the Game Awards where he was running looked awful by modern day standards. I think it's because a lot, if not most, western developed games use motion capture for this kind of stuff now, so we used to seeing more realistic movements in a lot of games.

Yeah, the one they showed at the Game Awards where he was running looked awful by modern day standards. I think it's because a lot, if not most, western developed games use motion capture for this kind of stuff now, so we used to seeing more realistic movements in a lot of games.

And this is exactly what they should be doing with Zelda! It'll only add to the immersion!

It looks a lot better than expected.

Also the whole pacing problems in the first bit aren't as bad as I remember. I'm breezing through it.

No one playing Hero Mode then?

Whats the difference? Is it just the wii version?

It looks a lot better than expected.

Also the whole pacing problems in the first bit aren't as bad as I remember. I'm breezing through it.

Glad to hear it

Whats the difference? Is it just the wii version?

It's mirrored like the Wii version, you take more damage, which stacks with the Ganondorf Amiibo, and no hearts drop.

Hero Mode would be no fun for me the standard I've been playing at. Already had 'Game Over' 3 times. I am the absolute worst.

He runs as if his running with hover boots while his long johns are falling down...:nono:

Still waiting for my Amazon copy to arrive :(

Sad to see that it has some small frame drops, but at least it's pretty rare it seems. I did notice for half a second that the GC popped up to 31fps.

No one playing Hero Mode then?

I am :D

It's mirrored like the Wii version, you take more damage, which stacks with the Ganondorf Amiibo, and no hearts drop.

Ah I was wondering about that.

Had decided to go media blackout on info on the game to see if any possible changes (if any) might surprise me.

I had expected it to be flipped to left handed Link like the GC version (which I never played) but noticed when I started playing it was right handed Link like he Wii version (which I had played).

Before I read here finding out it is just for Hero mode I was thinking maybe more people played it on the Wii so they kept it right handed, haha.

Also made an Unboxing video with the kids :D

Put a few hours into this now and I'm on my way to the third temple. I have to say, I'm finding the whole experience rather dull and very boring.

The handling of Epona is dreadful. I thought the guys on Gaf and various podcasts were exaggerating when they said the handling was awful but I'm certainly in agreement with them. I swear I never had this much trouble with controlling her in the Wii version. I'm not surprised they were harping on about horse controls when they briefly showed Zelda Wii U.

It's definitely Zelda-by-numbers. Finished the 2nd dungeon last night and enjoyed it, but you're right about Epona, she handles like a tank.

Think it's the most forgettable Zelda game, I can hardly remember playing these dungeons before.

GAME have failed me :nono: It's not exactly a surprise but it's really disappointing that I'll have to wait until at least Monday afternoon to receive this now :hmm:

Picked this up today, such a joy to go through this again. Already put 5 hours in and absolutely loving it. The graphics really are amazing, even if I do kind of miss the blurryness of the Wii version, I feel it added an extra something to the atmosphere. Nevertheless, so hyped for Zelda U and would love to see a Skyward Sword remake in the same vain as this.

If anyone is still on the fence with this game, Simply Games are selling the special edition for £35 at the moment. Just snapped up a copy as I can get £30 back on it at CEX/GAME. An amiibo and CD for a fiver. Not bad at all.