NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
RedShell

Yakuza 6 (PS4)

CeVsj_TWQAAq4xt.jpg:large

If I were a female I can assure you this would be the state of my girl parts at this time.

• Haha 1

I need to try and get a new PS3 soon so I can carry on my playthrough of the whole series. I can play 2 on PS2 if I cant be bothered to wait for Kiwami 2 and have 4 & 5 digitally so those can be played on my PS3 with the broken blu ray drive but I still have no way to play 3 :(

The game has been delayed, but there will be a demo. If the demo is as action packed as the start on Yakuza 0, it could do wonders for sales. 

• Sad 1

That’s a shame that it got delayed but I should probably use that time to carry on playing the others. I only got about an hour into 3 before getting distracted by a newer game.

The demo went live yesterday, all 36GB of it! It is in actual fact the entire game data just with restrictions in place to limit where/what you can do, although in America SEGA somehow managed to severely fuck up and released the full game with no restrictions at all! :eek: It has apparently been pulled now, but looks like there's quite a few people enjoying the complete game already. Which begs the question, if the game is indeed complete, what's with this extra delay until April? ::shrug:

Anyway, I spent an hour or so with the demo last night and while I'm definitely enjoying it, the general performance of the game is disappointing. Not only does it run at a much slower frame rate than Zero and Kiwami, there's some nasty stutter going on at times, plus horrendous screen tearing too. :hmm: Not sure if it's a much better situation on the Pro, but I believe the only difference is a resolution bump to 1080p.

The combat is also going to take some getting used to as despite using more or less the same control setup/inputs it feels very different in Yakuza 6, it's like they've added a load of additional physics to everything which makes it really weird after having spent so much time playing the previous games. Really hope it clicks though, as some of the new aspects (like fighting inside convenience stores) are fantastic! :cool:

BTW, anyone that has played Zero and Kiwami be sure to check out New Serena in order to receive a couple of additional items for having save data from the previous games. ;)

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

April seems like a very suspect month. Perhaps they wanted it in their next fiscal year?

Yeah, very strange. :blank:

Have you played the demo? If so, what did you make of it?

1 hour ago, Happenstance said:

No I hadn’t got around to getting it before it was taken down.

Was the European version also taken down? Don’t imagine it was, seeing as it’s actually just the demo as intended. What I downloaded is at least.

2 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Was the European version also taken down? Don’t imagine it was, seeing as it’s actually just the demo as intended. What I downloaded is at least.

Just had a look and it doesn't seem to be there

Well Game Collection just took the money for Yakuza 6. Hoping they manage to get it to me this week so I can play it over the weekend before the release next Tuesday.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

Well Game Collection just took the money for Yakuza 6. Hoping they manage to get it to me this week so I can play it over the weekend before the release next Tuesday.

Shouldn't you be concentrating on Croc? :D 

• Like 1

Cannot wait to get playing this next week! :bouncy: While I'm still somewhat disappointed by the performance of the game from the demo, I'm pretty sure it's still going to be an incredibly enjoyable experience overall. :)

Just a shame it's likely to get completely lost among God of War though, not sure what SEGA were thinking with that "delay"... ::shrug:

• Like 1

On 10/04/2018 at 12:10 PM, Happenstance said:

Did you go for the Premium Edition?

I was tempted (many, many times :hehe:) but decided against it in the end as I'm trying to cut down on collecting stuff these days.

1 minute ago, RedShell said:

Did you go for the Premium Edition?

I was tempted (many, many times :hehe:) but decided against it in the end as I'm trying to cut down on collecting stuff these days.

Yeah I'm basically the same. I had the premium edition preordered but I cancelled it a few months ago and just got the regular version.

• Like 1

On 28/02/2018 at 12:23 PM, RedShell said:

The demo went live yesterday, all 36GB of it! 

I'm very confused by this thread. Do you know you posted the same thing on the first page, 2 years ago? :confused:

7 minutes ago, Shorty said:

I'm very confused by this thread. Do you know you posted the same thing on the first page, 2 years ago? :confused:

I expect that would have been the Japanese demo

10 minutes ago, Shorty said:

Time travel, man. :heh: 

2 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

I expect that would have been the Japanese demo

Yep. :hehe: 

It was also slightly different content-wise to the version that got released recently, but just as huge in terms of file size unfortunately. 

In my drunken stupor last night I wake up to an e-mail from Amazon saying I bought a £50 bottle of Yamazaki reserve whisky

I'm not canceling it. Seems like I have a use for those glasses now lol

• Haha 4

I didnt end up getting my copy early but it has at least been dispatched today so should be playing it tomorrow!

Sign in to follow this