NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
RedShell

Yakuza 6 (PS4)

8p6RfCG.jpg

Yep, we still don't even have Yakuza 5 over here, and there's no guarantee we'll be getting this one, but here's a thread for it regardless. :hehe:

Will be the first Yakuza game built exclusively for PS4 (which is pretty damn exciting) and will feature the likeness/voice of Takeshi Kitano!:

Awesome stuff. :bowdown:

So yeah, everyone buy Yakuza 5 when it finally appears, and then pray. :heh:

Otherwise...

They are similar to Shenmue. You can walk around playing minigames, getting into fights, visiting hostess bars etc inbetween all the story sections. Its a good series. Only real issue for me is the clunkyness of the controls and movement but I'm sure I read they were finally working on that for these newer ones.

I've literally never played a Yakuza game. I don't even know what you do in them.
First few minutes of this vid sums it up pretty well:

Give Yakuza 4 a try if you're interested in checking out the series, it was a PS+ game earlier this year. :)

I've literally never played a Yakuza game. I don't even know what you do in them.

First few minutes of this vid sums it up pretty well:

Give Yakuza 4 a try if you're interested in checking out the series, it was a PS+ game earlier this year. :)

I watched 15 minutes of this video, I now actually want to experience the whole series. :D

I've recently been buying them up whenever I manage to get a good deal on them, it's just getting around to playing the games. :hmm:

If not by the end of this year then at the start of 2016 for certain, it seems I have a lot to catch up on! : peace:

I watched 15 minutes of this video, I now actually want to experience the whole series. :D

I've recently been buying them up whenever I manage to get a good deal on them, it's just getting around to playing the games. :hmm:

If not by the end of this year then at the start of 2016 for certain, it seems I have a lot to catch up on! : peace:

Great stuff. icon14.gif

But yeah, clear the rest of your gaming schedule beforehand, the Yakuza games are pretty long! :)

I guess you'd have to be heavily into the series to think that looked good :p 50% of a trailer showing (slightly clunky) rooftop jumping mechanics means there's not a lot to show off about yet....

I guess you'd have to be heavily into the series to think that looked good :p 50% of a trailer showing (slightly clunky) rooftop jumping mechanics means there's not a lot to show off about yet....
Hehehe! :grin: This really is a huge leap in terms of presentation for the series though. Also, clunky animation/mechanics come as standard in the Yakuza games (it's actually a big part of their charm for me :hehe:) so I expect what we're seeing here to be more or less the same in the finished product.

Virtua Fighter 5 and Puyo Puyo are now playable in the game.

Basic Play Spots Have Also Been Enhanced

Karaoke

Darts

Mahjong

Virtual Fighter 5: Final Showdown – You can now play the latest version of Virtual Fighter 5 on PlayStation 4. There is a two-player mode, too.

Puyo Puyo – This also has a two-player mode.

Batting Center

Sega Retro Arcade Games – Outrun, Super Hang-On, Space Harrier, Fantasy Zone.

Haruka has a baby in Yakuza 6!: :o

VEmekmu.jpg

Oh man, you just know there a going to be some great comedy moments with Kiryu and co. baby-sitting. :laughing:

I've never followed these games and that trailer H-o-T posted is literally the first trailer I've seen for Yakuza 6.

I have one question:

What the fuck is this game? :laughing: Looks right up my alley...and I'm not talking about the cats...

I've never followed these games and that trailer H-o-T posted is literally the first trailer I've seen for Yakuza 6.
Am I on your ignore list or something? :heh:

I have one question:

What the fuck is this game? :laughing: Looks right up my alley...and I'm not talking about the cats...

Check out the vid on the 4th post in this thread... if you can see it. :D

Am I on your ignore list or something? :heh:

Of course you are. :p

Check out the vid on the 4th post in this thread... if you can see it. :D

Didn't bother to read/watch everything in this thread because I'm lazy as fuck.

Well, it looks awesome :laughing:

New trailers! :)

Story:

Gameplay:

Goddam amazing! :bouncy:

Fights inside the convenience stores look like so much fun. :laughing:

Edited by RedShell

I checked out the demo of this last night, all 36GB of it! :o

Probably shouldn't have, seeing as Zero is just around the corner, but I couldn't resist.

Game looks amazing and plays really well, but unfortunately the frame rate is a bit rough. Even in the mini-game sections, which are usually always at 60fps in Yakuza games, look like they're running at under 30 in this one. :(

Really don't want to be getting a PS4 Pro, but it's kind of annoying knowing that there will be a superior version of the game available on that. :hmm:

Mind you, by the time Yakuza 6 comes out over here (if it even does come out in Europe) the Pro will probably be a bit more affordable by then. :hehe:

I checked out the demo of this last night, all 36GB of it! :o

Nice one man, didn't even realise the demo was up yet so I'm downloading it now. I really need to get into the habit of checking the Japanese store updates more often.

Sign in to follow this