NEurope
Shorty

EGX 2015 - Eurogamer Expo (Birmingham NEC)

It's next week! Who's going?

Tickets are still available, @Dan_Dare and myself have early entry tickets for all four days. And we might even bump into ex-N-Europe-EIC @Tphi at some point as well :)

Oculus, PlayStation VR and HTC Vive will all be showcased.

Triforce Heroes, Star Fox Zero, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Star Wars Battlefront, Mirror's Edge Catalyst, Halo 5, Forza 6, Rise of the Tomb Raider... to name a few. There's gonna be lots to see and play!

Would love to get a chance to try out Star Wars Battlefront as it's the one game on I'm on the edge about with a busy Christmas period coming up.

I've got tickets for the Saturday and early entry for the Sunday, went last year and loved it. I know a few other N-Europers going, probably run into everyone at some point. I went last year for a day and a 1/2, thought it wasn't enough time.

With Playstation VR, you need to book a slot for that. Which slots going live around 1-2pm this afternoon.

Edit: I just booked my slot @ 12:10pm on the Saturday

Edited by Jimbob

A friend got me tickets a while back, and we're booked in for the Saturday and Sunday, just normal tickets. Really looking forward to it, only ever went to GameFest in 2011!

Booked my Playstation VR slot for 16:10 on the Sunday. :D

A friend got me tickets a while back, and we're booked in for the Saturday and Sunday, just normal tickets. Really looking forward to it, only ever went to GameFest in 2011!

Booked my Playstation VR slot for 16:10 on the Sunday. :D

Ooo, nice. I also put my name down for a potential HTC VR slot on Sunday, have to wait to hear about that one. Probably run into you over the weekend, i'm very much looking forward to going.

Apparantly, the Playstation VR slots ran out within an hour.

Ooo, nice. I also put my name down for a potential HTC VR slot on Sunday, have to wait to hear about that one. Probably run into you over the weekend, i'm very much looking forward to going.

Apparantly, the Playstation VR slots ran out within an hour.

I didn't know times slots needed to be booked for the HTC VR booth too, I'll get on that ASAP, although I wouldn't be surprised if it's already fully booked. Not surprised about the PS VR being fully booked, I imagined it would be pretty popular.

Hopefully see you there! :)

I didn't know times slots needed to be booked for the HTC VR booth too, I'll get on that ASAP, although I wouldn't be surprised if it's already fully booked. Not surprised about the PS VR being fully booked, I imagined it would be pretty popular.

Hopefully see you there! :)

Yeah, i saw they were advertising the need to book. I don't know if Occulus will need booking, i've seen nothing as of yet

I completely forgot to register for PlayStation VR. I even knew what time registration opened and everything. But then The Taken King came out :x

I completely forgot to register for PlayStation VR. I even knew what time registration opened and everything. But then The Taken King came out :x

We are not smart. Oops.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

See you there chums! Feel free to message me for my phone number - going with a bunch of people on the Saturday and the Sunday (early access both days) but I'd love to break off and see you lot for a bit.

Just been checking i've got everything sorted, then nearly had a panic as i thought i lost my hotel details. Been planning my route, will have to get off the train at Marston Green and walk to the hotel, then carry on around to the NEC. Will take about an hour total (including checking in), so should be by the NEC by half 10(ish)

Hopefully will run into many of you over the weekend, if you see me feel free to stop me and say hi.

I'll be there on Friday! Didn't realise you have to book slots for things though. Boooo!

It's only PlayStation VR and HTC Vive, which I assume demand will be really high for. Although I registered for the Vive and haven't heard anything about a space. Oculus is going to be there too and I haven't seen anything about registering to try that (although that might just mean you're not very likely to get a go).

Anyway this will be my first expo so looking forward to just generally seeing what's on and having fun :D

I was going to go, but apparently I forgot about it and now I'm going to my folks house instead.

@Shorty did you get early bird type tickets? If you did, that's the time to go to the things you want to see the most. :)

It's only PlayStation VR and HTC Vive, which I assume demand will be really high for. Although I registered for the Vive and haven't heard anything about a space. Oculus is going to be there too and I haven't seen anything about registering to try that (although that might just mean you're not very likely to get a go).

Anyway this will be my first expo so looking forward to just generally seeing what's on and having fun :D

Oh, you'll love it. I went for the first time last year, there is so much to see and do.

I'll only be there for 4-5 hours, so I may have to prioritise things. I'd love to try the latest Oculus, but I ain't wasting too much time if there's a massive queue.

I have a feeling if you're only there for that long that wont even be enough time to queue for the Rift..! Your best bet is, honestly, to go to the indie area, or the leftfield collection if it is there and find a tiny game that uses the Rift. There will be a small huddle of people wanting to give it a go rather than a 3 hour queue and you'll get to try a different experience to most, too.

In fact, I went to EGX Rezzed earlier this year and played an Oculus Rift game that was like Wipeout and F-Zero had a virtual reality baby and it was incredible. Queued for a total of 20 minutes!

That sounds like it's worth a try.

I hope queues for other stuff isn't that bad!

Definitely interested to see how it compares to previous years at Earl's Court. As the capacity went up the queues were longer and the general experience was worsened - not horrendously, but in my mind I ended up being more like a Theme park than a games expo, where you could go on one or two big rides at the expense of huuuuge queue times (you know it's bad when Activision have brought in "4 hours queue from this point" signs in advance!) but quite often the best experience can be had by checking out the less crowded areas.

In any case, I went to Gamescom in Cologne this year and nothing can possibly be as bad as that in terms of crowd control, holy shit..

How did it go today People Who Had Thursday Tickets? Anything we should know?

The queue for all the big games was huge, queued for 90-120 mins for Halo 5 during the early access period. Going for Mirrors Edge this morning! Everything else was great, just look around have fun :) I got a go on the Oculus on an indie game. Any time you want to sit down I suggest the SFIV area or 3DS area :p

Edited by Shorty

Couple of our developers at work managed to swing the day off to go up to the show today.

There better be pay day donuts for those of us left workin'. :(

Managed a go on the Oculus Rift playing an indie game where you are a superhero repelling an alien invasion. It was fun! Thanks for the top tip!

Been seeing some of various folks photos on facebook - what were the highlights and interesting points of your trips(other than meeting awesome people from an online forum)?