NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Pokémon Go! (Android/iOS)

Its never just discussion in this place anymore is it. Always got to be sniping at one another and snide callbacks to comments.

Sadly, it's standard behaviour in these parts.

The lad at work has just spotted an Eevee kicking about outside the lab. He's pegged it outside to try and find it. :D

My nephew was telling me last night that there was a Cloyster near by where he was. He started walking towards the area and a middle aged guy in his work suit went sprinting past him and stopped at the area Cloyster was at. They both stood there swiping at their phones, trying to catch the Pokemon. The guy in the suit turned to my nephew and said " Its a tough Pokemon to catch this one" and then yelled "YES!" when he caught it. :laughing:

I haven't even got the game but i'm loving hearing and reading about stuff like this. :)

Its never just discussion in this place anymore is it. Always got to be sniping at one another and snide callbacks to comments.

Sadly, it's standard behaviour in these parts.

The lad at work has just spotted an Eevee kicking about outside the lab. He's pegged it outside to try and find it. :D

My nephew was telling me last night that there was a Cloyster near by where he was. He started walking towards the area and a middle aged guy in his work suit went sprinting past him and stopped at the area Cloyster was at. They both stood there swiping at their phones, trying to catch the Pokemon. The guy in the suit turned to my nephew and said " Its a tough Pokemon to catch this one" and then yelled "YES!" when he caught it. :laughing:

I haven't even got the game but i'm loving hearing and reading about stuff like this. :)

With my phone not being able to handle AR properly (i.e. laggy as hell and crashes after 20 seconds) I doubt I'll play this much longer than a week or so.

But it's a solid app. Will go for a walk now and check out some stores and try to catch Pokemon (with that boring grass backdrop :().

I might go for a run, too but having to stop for stores and Pokemon is not really a good idea for cardio :laughing:

Interested to see whether a lot of people around university buildings will be catching mons as the WiFi for students is free :D

Edit: Is it possible for the devs to make the app, in particular the AR to run more smoothly for phones with lower specs? Can AR be optimised that way?

Edited by drahkon

With my phone not being able to handle AR properly (i.e. laggy as hell and crashes after 20 seconds) I doubt I'll play this much longer than a week or so.

But it's a solid app. Will go for a walk now and check out some stores and try to catch Pokemon (with that boring grass backdrop :().

I might go for a run, too but having to stop for stores and Pokemon is not really a good idea for cardio :laughing:

Interested to see whether a lot of people around university buildings will be catching mons as the WiFi for students is free :D

Edit: Is it possible for the devs to make the app, in particular the AR to run more smoothly for phones with lower specs? Can AR be optimised that way?

Edited by drahkon

You can turn the AR off.

You can turn the AR off.

You can turn the AR off.

I know and I did but that defies the point of the game.

Pretty sure I'll have fun going around and catching Pokemon with that grass backdrop but I'm also sure that I'll lose interest quickly because AR would add much more to the game. So I'm hoping the AR can be optimised to make it run better. But I don't know if that's possible.

You can turn the AR off.

Pretty sure I'll have fun going around and catching Pokemon with that grass backdrop but I'm also sure that I'll lose interest quickly because AR would add much more to the game. So I'm hoping the AR can be optimised to make it run better. But I don't know if that's possible.

The game is officially live in Europe...

...in Germany.

Surely it can't be more than 48 hours before the UK release?

The game is officially live in Europe...

...in Germany.

Surely it can't be more than 48 hours before the UK release?

My Pokedex is fucked.

Everytime I tap on a Pokemon to see its information I get sent to the Squirtle entry and its description

l

o

o

k

s

l

i

k

e

t

h

i

s

::shrug:

Powering up Pokemon makes the app freeze for 10 seconds. A lot of stuff actually makes the app freeze.

Do you have to be a certain level to access stores?

Edited by drahkon

My Pokedex is fucked.

Everytime I tap on a Pokemon to see its information I get sent to the Squirtle entry and its description

l

o

o

k

s

l

i

k

e

t

h

i

s

::shrug:

Powering up Pokemon makes the app freeze for 10 seconds. A lot of stuff actually makes the app freeze.

Do you have to be a certain level to access stores?

Edited by drahkon

I prefer to play it with AR turned off, it just makes it easier especially when your on the move, you don't have to stop and point your phone in the right direction. You can keep walking while to try and catch them.

I prefer to play it with AR turned off, it just makes it easier especially when your on the move, you don't have to stop and point your phone in the right direction. You can keep walking while to try and catch them.

Ah, sorry. Didn't read your full post :woops: I turned mine off, kinda prefer the grass backdrop.

Woop. Having it in the Sun & Moon run-up was a good idea

Part of me thinks they just add the the 7th gen Pokemon around Sun & Moon's release, but part of me think it would just spoil the games.

Ah, sorry. Didn't read your full post :woops: I turned mine off, kinda prefer the grass backdrop.

Woop. Having it in the Sun & Moon run-up was a good idea

Part of me thinks they just add the the 7th gen Pokemon around Sun & Moon's release, but part of me think it would just spoil the games.

Much of the Pokémon community had recently wanted Gold and Silver VC releases for the end of the year, but it would be interesting to put that against the idea of having Johto Pokémon released in GO?

Much of the Pokémon community had recently wanted Gold and Silver VC releases for the end of the year, but it would be interesting to put that against the idea of having Johto Pokémon released in GO?

I remember the original Pokemon, and its merchandise being banned from school. Pokemon Go is gonna be banned in the workplace. :D

I'll give this a try when it's out in the UK but I won't want Sun/Moon

I remember the original Pokemon, and its merchandise being banned from school. Pokemon Go is gonna be banned in the workplace. :D

I'll give this a try when it's out in the UK but I won't want Sun/Moon