NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Pokémon Go! (Android/iOS)

32 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

For Golett look for the 3 excellent throws in a row task. They give them. 

Yeah... never going to complete that.

• Haha 1

Ugh, I'm starting to hate Darkrai as a raidboss. I mean, he is super cool and an amazing dark type attacker, but his buffed T6 stats make him hard to beat and his left-right-movement on the catching screen makes the catching annoying. Plus, I'm not getting any good IV ones after ~20 raids. I think I'll quit raiding him as soon as I have 130 candy (102 atm) and I'll just power up my 87% one with 15 attack IV.

Done 2 Darkrai raids, 50% success at catching.  Thought it was a cert to be caught on the 1st raid, 2 spins and kick-out (not with a nice/great/excellent throw), so thought if i hit a great/excellent it'll go in.  But alas no.

Did a raid yesterday during raid hour, same again but this time it caught with an excellent throw.

He’s been so so for our groups. We can defeat him in groups of around 8 minimum still with over half timer left. Raid hour was hit and miss. I caught 2 out of 5, and was doing a friends account and got 5 out of 5. It was a similar mix in the rest of the group. 

this is insane. This means that even before the store was open they had stopped people queuing. Not sure if I’ll get to get down there. It’s probably a good two hour drive for me and it seems the queuing is stopped really early. 

The Battle Leagues have launched for many players now. Just tried it out, it works quite well actually. However, I lost all four battles I tried because I simply don't have any good Pokémon at just below 1500 CP. I wish they would enable downgrading a Pokémon's CP or just truncate it if it were above 1500 CP (and perhaps only 10 % above, ish). As it is now, I'll have to participate in the higher leagues but I couldn't do that when I tried.

Edit: I had some lower-valued Pokémon that are much better that I should just level up. However, I also have a few Riolu that would be perfect - except that I have no idea what CP Lucario will end up with - most likely it will surpass 1500 and be unusable. This system needs a large rework!

Edited by MindFreak

I’m honestly not interested in the battle part. All I want them to add is the ability to trade Pokémon with people that are not close by. I have two friends in the US who I am lucky friends with who I’ll probably never get the chance to trade with. They just need to make the costs of the trade like they already are or perhaps a tad higher to deter people from trying to “sell” mons. And limit it to the top two friend levels like the pvp battles that where already in. 

I find the battles fun and challenging, and after levelling up a few of my better Pokémon that were at about 1100-ish CP, I have managed to win a few battles. Not 4 in a row, though, which I need to get Scraggy... (fourth win reward)

However, the cost of getting a good team is crazy. You need to find the right Pokémon, level them up (Candy + stardust) and then unlock a second charge move (and perhaps TM one of them) which is very expensive for the good Pokémon. That's basically a bit pay to win. 

On 1/30/2020 at 9:21 AM, MindFreak said:

The Battle Leagues have launched for many players now. Just tried it out, it works quite well actually. However, I lost all four battles I tried because I simply don't have any good Pokémon at just below 1500 CP. I wish they would enable downgrading a Pokémon's CP or just truncate it if it were above 1500 CP (and perhaps only 10 % above, ish). As it is now, I'll have to participate in the higher leagues but I couldn't do that when I tried.

Edit: I had some lower-valued Pokémon that are much better that I should just level up. However, I also have a few Riolu that would be perfect - except that I have no idea what CP Lucario will end up with - most likely it will surpass 1500 and be unusable. This system needs a large rework!

You can actually see what their CP will be before you level them up when you click "level up". It's also worth downloading Poke Genie which shows you what CP each Pokemon will have at each level.

Once again, I feared moving onto the new league - this time Master League with no upper CP limit but again I've been enjoying it and have managed to win about 70 % of my matches, I think. I'm going with a team that beats most of the very popular Pokémon types - a Mamoswine with Avalance and Bulldoze, a Machamp with Dynamic Punch and a Togekiss which has some bulk and can take on the dragons. 

But now I'm simply getting too many TMs and Rare Candy and no Pokémon to give it too. I only need the ones that are trade evolutions (no way in hell that I want to gather 250 Candy to evolve Timburr and Roggenrola and also a no to 200 Candy for both Karrablast and Shelmet as they are useless) and the fossil bird Archeops by now. I hope they release new Pokémon soon.

Edited by MindFreak

Is anyone going to the Safari Zone event in Liverpool next month?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Shorty said:

Is anyone going to the Safari Zone event in Liverpool next month?

Yep. Got a small group of us from here that play together all got tickets to go. Can’t wait. 

Corona is actually also infecting Pokemon Go. Niantic has canceled all major Pokemon Go events (raid weekends, community day) in Italy, South Korea and Japan at least until the mid of March. In these regions it will be possible to catch the legendaries via GBL, and 5km point to unlock GBL matches will also be disabled in these regions, so you can play all the time.

As I'm currently in Japan, I personally think that this is very unnecessary. It not like players actually come in contact in these events anyway. But well, better safe then sorry I guess. I just hope my Abra community will not be delayed for too long. :p

Oh, I actually thought that the legendaries in GBL was permanent and in all regions. Damn, I want them but I don't raid. I hate that they have changed the Research Breakthrough rewards to useless Pokémon (actually, Ferroseed's evolution is alright in GBL with the right moves...).

Edited by MindFreak

After actually doing okay in the leagues, when they opened up so you could enter the league you wanted, I've been losing more often than winning as of late. I can win 2-3 games per 5 games and thus, I never get to the catch reward and it frustrates me more than I care to admit. The two times I got there since they added legendaries I got a fricking Deino and a Tepig - I have enough of those...

I hope it gets better when the real season starts again and all those Giratinas and Mewtwos go away when Great League starts. I hate that Legendaries and Mythicals are allowed in Ultra League.

So the Liverpool safari zone is postponed, and I’m hearing talk that niantic are looking at turning raids off too. 

God last week my tiny village had 1 pokestop and 1 gym. This week we now have 6 pokestops and 3 gyms.

I've always had my phone with me when running to hatch eggs and find Candy for my buddy but I hate it, especially as my shorts do not have a pocket. So when I got a Garmin running watch I tried to find some way to use the data from Garmin Connect in Pokémon Go and I found this guide the other day and have tested it twice, it really works! I believe it also works with biking using the watch but haven't tested that yet.

Also. Remote Raid pass is genius except that you have to check each visible gym to find someone ready to raid - it would be nice if there were an indication of people waiting in a lobby at each gym. Had to wait 15 minutes during raid hour yesterday, cycling through all nine gyms in my area in order to find enough people waiting at a gym to raid. But got Reshiram in the end!

• Like 1

Go Fest is starting soon, is anyone taking part in it?

@BowserBasher we're just 1 day off best friends, could you send me a gift so I can open it with a lucky egg later?

56 minutes ago, Mandalore said:

Go Fest is starting soon, is anyone taking part in it?

@BowserBasher we're just 1 day off best friends, could you send me a gift so I can open it with a lucky egg later?

Sure can. What’s your in game name again?

did you buy the Go Fest pass? I still haven’t and don’t know if I want too. 

Just now, BowserBasher said:

Sure can. What’s your in game name again?

did you buy the Go Fest pass? I still haven’t and don’t know if I want too. 

My game name is Bayntun. I bought the pass, will be going out in town with @Jimbob in a bit to play it.

18 minutes ago, Mandalore said:

My game name is Bayntun. I bought the pass, will be going out in town with @Jimbob in a bit to play it.

Cool. Sent you a gift. I’ll be seeing how friends are enjoying the pass and will see in a bit. 

Just now, BowserBasher said:

Cool. Sent you a gift. I’ll be seeing how friends are enjoying the pass and will see in a bit. 

Thanks. I'll put a lucky egg on and open the gift when I arrive in town in about an hours time.

• Thanks 1

Not really sure it was worth the entry price, but I had over £15 saved up on Google Opinion Rewards. Had a good time walking around town catching loads of Pokemon, got a couple of rare shines along the way. 

I think what made it good was the fact it was an organised day out, had a table booked at Brewdog early evening. Probably wouldn't have done anything this day otherwise.

• Like 1

I didn’t end up going for it in the end and with today’s stuff for it too I didn’t  think it was worth it. Yes people were getting shinies that I couldn’t, but they will be released generally after. Today’s stuff seems to be all rocket stops and not a lot else. So that didn’t interest me at all. I did get a shiny Clampearl though.