NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Pokémon Go! (Android/iOS)

I'd like to say I'm surprised, but mobile gaming is always a "Let's see how far we can push this" kind of affair.

I'm honestly surprised it went this long without adding more purchases.

Wow, a Deino just spawned very much near me! So.. Deino get! So as for Gen V, I only need to get a Snivy and an Oshawott to get all base evolutions.

Now to get candy for all those that need 125 Candy before evolving... That'll take some time.

On 3.10.2019 at 7:17 PM, Mandalore said:

Most people expect this to be a "local GoFest ticket". As in, all spawns around you will change into event spawns, you'll get a special research that will encompass these special event spawns and most likely there'll be higher shiny rates.

IF that is the case, the general idea is fine. GoFest tickets were around 25€ and you also had the price of travel and accomodation. But of course, a GoFest is also an physical event and not only a digital one, so you get way more experience for your money. But nobody (or at least rarely anyone) complained that GoFest visitors got Celebi/ Jirachi sooner or that they get Unowns. Because everyone knows that they'll get Jirachi later and most GoFest visitors will easily trade their Unowns without wanting anything special, because they just have so many. Heck, I was completely willing to trade an Unown for a Rattata just to help the player, but he still insisted to give me a shiny I want. :p

Anyway, again, IF the "Colossal Discovery" is such a ticket, then I'm not against it, especially if it's only a bi-annual thing.

3 hours ago, MindFreak said:

Wow, a Deino just spawned very much near me! So.. Deino get! So as for Gen V, I only need to get a Snivy and an Oshawott to get all base evolutions.

Now to get candy for all those that need 125 Candy before evolving... That'll take some time.

That's so lucky! I'm still missing Golett and Deino (and their evolutions of course). I also still need to evolve Pansear (missing the Unova stone), Ferroseed (I'm at 30 candies) and Litwick (found only a single one yet). But I guess Litwick will be everywhere for the halloween event. :p

Edited by ThiophenSJ

37 minutes ago, ThiophenSJ said:

That's so lucky! I'm still missing Golett and Deino (and their evolutions of course). I also still need to evolve Pansear (missing the Unova stone), Ferroseed (I'm at 30 candies) and Litwick (found only a single one yet). But I guess Litwick will be everywhere for the halloween event. :p

Oh... Golett.. Forgot about that. I guess that'll come in an egg at some point while I'm collecting candy for the others. I'm at 66 Candy for Klink which is the only one I've had as a buddy. I got one of the others so haven't got much candy for those. But good call with Litwick at the halloween event, that's almost guaranteed. I have one Unova stone that I got through a Research Breakthrough.

Also finally caught the last Psychic Pokémon I needed for the A Thousand Year Slumber research. On to the next step!

If the "Colossal Discovery" event is akin to the GoFest, then i might consider giving the ticket a go.  If not, then forget it and i'll wait for it to appear on EX Raids.

I don't really do raids and would love to just get the Special Research but nope, I'm not paying (that much) just to get a Pokémon that will just be stashed in the bag because it's not useable for anything.

20 hours ago, Jimbob said:

If the "Colossal Discovery" event is akin to the GoFest, then i might consider giving the ticket a go.  If not, then forget it and i'll wait for it to appear on EX Raids.

19 hours ago, MindFreak said:

I don't really do raids and would love to just get the Special Research but nope, I'm not paying (that much) just to get a Pokémon that will just be stashed in the bag because it's not useable for anything.

You can read up on the ticket here:

https://pokemongolive.com/en/post/a-regi-return-2019/

As things are, it seems to be "only" a special research. It also encompasses raiding for the other Regis.

What's more, the Halloween event is starting on Thursday 9pm GMT.

https://pokemongolive.com/en/post/halloween2019/

As usual we'll be getting boosted ghost and dark type spawns and double candy rewards. Yamask (+shiny) is also coming, along with new costumed pokemon and the most interesting part: Darkrai in raids! That will be amazing! Such a great and strong pokemon will be a welcome addition to my attacker team. :D

I think the Halloween event spawned early, i've seen shadows appearing on the map for a Weedle and a few others (which i already have caught many times over).

It's been like that for a few days. It's a bug in the game, also happened in the days up to Turtwig CD. 

1 hour ago, MindFreak said:

It's been like that for a few days. It's a bug in the game, also happened in the days up to Turtwig CD. 

Well, yeah. It's a Weedle. It's Bug/Poison.

Sweet, got a Litwick in an egg yesterday - awarded me with 56 Candy for it and have thus reached 102 Candy. And I even have two Unova stones now so one for Litwick and one for Pansear.

• Like 1

Not precisely Go, but did anyone see the queues for the Pokémon Pop up store yesterday? I read that they had to stop people queuing at 11am and it was taking 4-6 hours to get in. I’m hoping to go in a few weeks, by then I expect the queues to not be so silly. 

Edited by BowserBasher

2 hours ago, BowserBasher said:

Not precisely Go, but did anyone see the queues for the Pokémon Pop up store yesterday? I read that they had to stop people queuing at 11am and it was taking 4-6 hours to get in. I’m hoping to go in a few weeks, by then I expect the queues to not be so silly. 

Yeah, it was ridiculous. Makes me glad that I got to go one day before it opened.

Temper your expectations though, the plushies in particular really lack diversity there.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Yeah, it was ridiculous. Makes me glad that I got to go one day before it opened.

Temper your expectations though, the plushies in particular really lack diversity there.

He means it's mostly Gen 1.

Half term this week as well is going to make it awful. If you can go during a weekday after this week it'll probably be okay. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Ashley said:

He means it's mostly Gen 1.

And Eeveelutions! Seriously, they make up a lot more than you'd expect.

It's mostly Gen 1. But boy, if you ever wanted a Venomoth or Zubat plushie, than this is the place for you!

12 hours ago, Ike said:

I want an Umbreon plushie though.

What did you pickup @Glen-i?

The Greninja plush. It's quite big too, about twice the height of a Switch dock. The arms look a tad too muscular for Greninja though, which is amusing. Also got a London Life Pikachu for @Ugh first aid.

I'm genuinely surprised there was no Incineroar merch there. It's easily the most popular starter from Sun/Moon, but nope, not a thing in the London store.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Thanks 1

The lengths i had to go to in order to buy a Diglett plush in Tokyo...

We must have gone to 15 shops! Finally found my boy at the bottom of a bargain bin.

Busy day! Got a Chandalure, a Durant, a Darkrai and a Conagrigus today. :D Furthermore, I hatched a 96 % Chimchar from an egg, so it's ready for CD in November. I also found a Golett the other day but they are really rare. Would love to hatch or catch another one so it has a decent amount of Candy before this double Candy event is over.

Yesterday I completed three of the halloween quests rewarding Sneasel. I got two 98% IV Sneasel at first and then a 100% one! :eek: And this morning my Go-tcha snatched me a 100% Drillbur! Crazy lucky. :D

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MindFreak said:

Busy day! Got a Chandalure, a Durant, a Darkrai and a Conagrigus today. :D Furthermore, I hatched a 96 % Chimchar from an egg, so it's ready for CD in November. I also found a Golett the other day but they are really rare. Would love to hatch or catch another one so it has a decent amount of Candy before this double Candy event is over.

For Golett look for the 3 excellent throws in a row task. They give them. 

• Like 1