NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Pokémon Go! (Android/iOS)

I keep evolving Evee's at night but yet to get an Umbreon. I've already used the renaming trick once. Am i missing something?

41 minutes ago, Clownferret said:

I keep evolving Evee's at night but yet to get an Umbreon. I've already used the renaming trick once. Am i missing something?

You have to walk it 10 km or such before evolving it. Just like in the main game.

On 17.7.2019 at 1:47 PM, MindFreak said:

Just traded with someone - she is a Great Friend, and I got a Gible that I didn't have in my Pokédex. I don't understand how come the Stardust price for that trade was 600,000 - it's neither Shiny nor Legendary. But I traded a Shiny Togepi for it - did that raise the cost so much?

On 17.7.2019 at 3:24 PM, BowserBasher said:

@MindFreak You didn’t have it in your des, so I think that raises it a bit. I don’t think shiny increases cost, just special trades. 

zsaxlq84hco11.png

here’s a simple guide to cost. 

This infographic is basically correct. Also, the trading cost is determined by the highest stardust cost and both trading partners have to pay it. You were Great Friends, she got shiny Togepi, so that makes 800k for both of you. However, from the beginning of July until September the 2nd there's an ongoing friendship event that reduces all trading costs by 25%. This brings you to the 600k stardust you paid. You would've paid only 16k (12k) if you had not given her a shiny.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wasn't aware of the event. It was stupid of us to trade at that time as we became Ultra Friends a couple of weeks later. However, I'm glad that I got my Gible before going on vacation so I could have it as my buddy while walking a lot around - just passed 200 km with it (also gave it 50 Rare Candy that I had stocked for it so I'm actually almost able to get a Garchomp now - but I won't until I can get a GIble with higher stats - it's only got 2 stars).

In other news, something has happened so biking at lower speeds using Adventure Sync can hatch eggs for you! I've already passed 20 km this week due to this (usually never go past 30-35 km in a week). So I just hope this isn't a bug.

Also lately, I've been hatching a lot of Riolu. Currently have three and have transferred one away - I already have a Lucario. 

Edited by MindFreak

2 hours ago, MindFreak said:

Also lately, I've been hatching a lot of Riolu. Currently have three and have transferred one away - I already have a Lucario. 

Yeah Riolu has become way more common in the current 2km eggs from gifts event. I also hatched 4 or 5. I also got one who evolved just under 1500CP, so I can use the Lucario in the PVP Great League. Or actually, as I don't PVP much, I wanted to get a good Lucario to kick Blanches a**. :heh:

I need 3 new friends for the latest challenge, anyone got mates they gave give their codes. I'm a generous gift giver 

1 hour ago, Clownferret said:

I need 3 new friends for the latest challenge, anyone got mates they gave give their codes. I'm a generous gift giver 

I don’t but have read if you’re having trouble you can delete a current friend and re add them and it counts. Otherwise try reddit groups or other social media groups. There’s always others looking for friends 

There's so much happening in Pokemon Go at the moment! The Water Festival is ongoing, and then there'll be 3 weeks of ultra unlock boni, including the (start of) release of Gen V in mid-September! Really looking forward to some new Pokemon again. :)

Yeah, I've been waiting for Gen V for a very long time, I feel. Hopefully they'll add the new Pokémon faster than the drip feed of Gen IV.

Really enjoying it right now. Don’t forget we have the Jirachi quest going on too (damn Whismur gone into hiding).

4 hours ago, BowserBasher said:

Really enjoying it right now. Don’t forget we have the Jirachi quest going on too (damn Whismur gone into hiding).

I see them now and again but I don't have time to go after it when I do! I just need one more... 

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, BowserBasher said:

Nope still no sign of him. 

I wonder why. 2 generations late at this point.

Maybe Niantic forgot about Kecleon at this point? Clearly not Mystery Dungeon fans.

2 hours ago, Glen-i said:

I wonder why. 2 generations late at this point.

Maybe Niantic forgot about Kecleon at this point? Clearly not Mystery Dungeon fans.

Maybe its camouflage is just too good in the real world. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Niantic always seems to have some problems with the implementation of some Pokemon. Smeargle also took them long enough, but was finally released with the photo mode. Shedinja was only a one time research thing by now, it's not in the wild, not a tasks, nowhere to be found. Same goes for Spiritomb. Kecleon is still on the wait-list and Mime Jr. also seems to make them troubles due to Mr. Mime being a regional. But Niantic sure handles these things cleverly, as in the end the missing Pokemon are released in some sort of special event, making it look like it was all planned in the end. :p

Got the Kanto Pokédex completed yesterday with Mewtwo being the final entry. Also hatched a Tauros a couple of weeks back, they were the last 2 I've needed for ages. 

• Like 1

My Pokedex is looking like this in Pokemon Go:

Kanto 151, Jotho 100, Hoenn 134 (just missing Kecleon), Sinnoh 99 (which is the current maximum, they're still missing Mime Jr., Rotom, Regigigas, Darkrai, Arceus, Manaphy, Phione and Shaymin) and Unova has 26 at the moment, so there are still many missing even from the current first wave.

• Like 1

I'm at 151 for Kanto (got there last year), 99 for Johto (just need Heracross), Hoenn is at 130 (missing Kecleon,Relicanth, Torkoal Regirock (never got him in the Research Breakthroughs!) and Jirachi - the necessary spawns disappeared), 89 for Sinnoh (missing regionals and legendaries and the evolutions of Gible), and only 9 for Unova.

• Like 1

Here’s mine. 

Kanto complete, Johto complete, Hoenn 131 (Torkoal, Kecleon, Relicanth and Jirachi which I’ll get today) Sinnoh 94, Unova 10. 

Most of the ones I need are now regionals and special mons. 

Yeah I'm personally traveling a lot. Got Heracross and Corsola in Costa Rica, Chatot and Relicanth in New Zealand and Tropius in Spain. And coming back with these also allowed me to easily trade for the other regionals. Visiting the GoFest in Dortmund then netted me Azelf and Uxie.

As for Unova, I really like the size of the first wave. :D Sinnoh was dragged out so much, but hunting down quite a bunch of new Pokemon (and not being finished in a day or two) is really refreshing.

Edited by ThiophenSJ
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, ThiophenSJ said:

As for Unova, I really like the size of the first wave. :D Sinnoh was dragged out so much, but hunting down quite a bunch of new Pokemon (and not being finished in a day or two) is really refreshing.

That's probably because Unova has a grand total of 155 Pokémon to get through, so if Niantic wants Unova to span the same amount of time each region has, it needs to put more Pokémon in each wave.

Anyway, as long as everyone finally realises that Unova has the best Pokémon selection, that's all that matters.