NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Pokémon Go! (Android/iOS)

7 hours ago, MindFreak said:

Please stop with the Kanto Pokémon, Niantic. We already have them - or try with the regionals at least.

5 hours ago, Jimbob said:

Thanks Niantic, it's not like we've seen plenty of the Kanto Pokemon already.

Welcome to my world for the past 5 years.

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 1

On 11/13/2018 at 12:28 PM, Shorty said:

Adventure Sync is working great. Can hatch eggs walking around work!

Ah I forgot about taht feature...I realise my 10k eggs are hatching pretty quickly than usual.

1 hour ago, Phube said:

Not fair all the new Gen IV evolutions need a special item... :( 

Well, yeah, that's how it is in the games.

Can't wait to evolve them...I've been stocking up. Shiny Roserade come forth!

Edited by Falcon_Black

It's going to take some time, though. You only get Sinnoh Stone from Research Breakthroughs, and you can only get one of those a week. I don't know if you're guaranteed to get one, though. There are 22 Pokémon that can be evolved to a Gen 4 Pokémon but not all of them are available yet.

I need more candy. Hadn't imagined that it would need 100 Candy to evolve them so I haven't got enough for a large number of them. :/ Did a quick Candy count of all with an evolution in Gen 4 (though not all are available yet):

Spoiler

Gen 1:

Magneton (evolves into Magnezone)        127    √
Lickitung (evolves into Lickilicky)         27    /
Rhydon (evolves into Rhyperior)             98    /
Tangela (evolves into Tangrowth)         80    /
Electabuzz (evolves into Electivire)         49    /
Magmar (evolves into Magmortar)             91    /

Eevee (evolves into Leafeon and Glaceon)    295    √ √

Gen 2:

Togetic (evolves into Togekiss)             34    /
Aipom (evolves into Ambipom)             79    /
Yanma (evolves into Yanmega)             33    /

Misdreavus (evolves into Mismagius)        107    √
Murkrow (evolves into Honchkrow)        283    √
Gligar (evolves into Gliscor)             28    /
Sneasel (evolves into Weavile)            122    √
Piloswine (evolves into Mamoswine)        205    √
Porygon2 (evolves into Porygon-Z)        116    √

Gen 3:

Kirlia (evolves into Gallade)             54    /
Roselia (evolves into Roserade)            180    √
Nosepass (evolves into Probopass)        148    √
Dusclops (evolves into Dusknoir)        133    √
Snorunt (evolves into Froslass)             40    /

Some of those are unfortunately rather rare.

Edited by MindFreak

Oh wow, didn't realize gen4 introduced so many evolutions. I really thought a bunch of those were from gen5.

I've started playing this a bit more in the last few weeks after a year of not playing it, so was glad I at least got Spiritomb! Still got many gaps to fill in my dex though.

Edited by Vileplume2000

10 minutes ago, Vileplume2000 said:

Oh wow, didn't realize gen4 introduced so many evolutions. I really thought a bunch of those were from gen5.

Gen 5 has no evolutions of old Pokémon at all. All 150+ were completely new at the time.

Edited by Glen-i

5 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Gen 5 has no evolutions of old Pokémon at all. All 150+ were completely new at the time.

Good times. Discovering new creations was bliss.

Edited by Falcon_Black

I'm i my on part 2 but I can see that some of the later quests are going to be a pain to complete if not done soon so will focus on it during this week. 

Ugh. This Special Research is easily the worst one yet. I thought having to use 108 Berries to catch Pokémon was tedious but at least it was doable within reasonable time. For this one, I had to find a Ditto by finding a Field Research which took me three days to find, I have to evolve a Scyther later on and only have 13 Candy for that and I don't see any Scyther in the wild, and then I have to catch an Aerodactyl, which is found by finding a Field Research. If you don't find that Field Research before it's gone, you can not complete this Quest.

Furthermore, if you don't get it done before the Kanto event ends, finding some Anorith, Omanyte, Kabuto, Lileep, Slugma, Gulpin, Grimer etc. is going to be a pain.

meltan-lets-go-867x1024.jpg

I'm up to step 4 which is easy enough - find some Magnemite and walk 12 km to get the remaining 4 candy for my buddy Lotad.

• Thanks 2

I’m on 6/9 so far so I really need to get to ten raids quickly. I can do the two evolves in the next step, but if I don’t get that cubone before the end of the Kanto event, it’s gonna be a pain to get that. Same with the Kabuto and Omanyte. I have an Aerodactyl task saved. 

11 hours ago, BowserBasher said:

I’m on 6/9 so far so I really need to get to ten raids quickly. I can do the two evolves in the next step, but if I don’t get that cubone before the end of the Kanto event, it’s gonna be a pain to get that. Same with the Kabuto and Omanyte. I have an Aerodactyl task saved. 

It's enough to just enter the raid (i.e. give it your Raid Pass). So you can just enter it and go out of it 10 times, I think.

10 raids is such a lot... it’ll take a minimum of 5 days (assuming you get a free pass every day) and that’s the end of being able to catch the later Pokémon. :(

If you have some Premium Passes, you can do more each day. I have 9 in my Bag so I'll just do them ASAP over the weekend. 

My first ever Cyndaquil encounter and it was shiny, making it my first shiny in Pokemon Go! Then got a shiny Bulbasaur shortly after.

• Like 2

PvP update is here.

Beginning this month, Trainer Battles will allow you to challenge a friend or another Trainer at any time! Challenge another Trainer using a Battle Code, assemble a team of three Pokémon, and see who comes out on top! When Trainer Battles are completed, both participants will receive great rewards, including a chance at rare Evolution items.

In order to ensure an even playing field, Trainers must compete in the same Trainer Battle League, which determines the CP limit for the participating Pokémon. Strength alone will not ensure victory! Whether you’re battling with a Caterpie or a Mewtwo, the cleverer and more strategic Trainer will have an advantage.

Battles are fast-paced and real-time, so don’t expect to wait your turn! Your selected team of Pokémon will be able to execute both their Fast Attack and Charged Attack moves. In preparation for battle, you’ll even be able to use Stardust and Candy to unlock a bonus Charged Attack for your Pokémon. Timing is important! If you use your head and keep an eye on your opponent’s moves, you may be able to deploy a Protect Shield to save your Pokémon from critical damage. But you only have a limited number of these shields before your Pokémon will be left defenseless.

While Trainers will usually have to be nearby in order to initiate a Trainer Battle, Ultra Friends and Best Friends can challenge each other from any distance. So, near or far, you can battle with your closest friends!

Eurogamer has a hands on with it.

LINK

Edited by Hero-of-Time

Finally got enough candy to evolve my Scyther and am thus on to the final part of the Meltan quest. Only need to catch an Omanyte/Kabuto and a Lileep/Anorith so I hope that's possible soon. 

Managed to walk more than 50 km last week but the reward for doing so was so bad that I won't try to do that again on purpose. I got 5 Ultra Balls, 10 Great, 20 ordinary, a 5 km egg, and 500 Stardust. There was a Torchic in the egg so not even anything interesting there. Had at least hoped to get the 10 km egg with a Shinx or Riolu. 

I really want a Riolu so I can get my Lucario. 

Psyched about Trainer Battles and especially happy that you can battle Ultra Friends and Best Friends from anywhere. 

On 15/11/2018 at 8:40 AM, MindFreak said:

It's going to take some time, though. You only get Sinnoh Stone from Research Breakthroughs, and you can only get one of those a week. I don't know if you're guaranteed to get one, though. There are 22 Pokémon that can be evolved to a Gen 4 Pokémon but not all of them are available yet.

I need more candy. Hadn't imagined that it would need 100 Candy to evolve them so I haven't got enough for a large number of them. :/ Did a quick Candy count of all with an evolution in Gen 4 (though not all are available yet):

Need more candy! (Hide contents)

Gen 1:

Magneton (evolves into Magnezone)        127    √
Lickitung (evolves into Lickilicky)         27    /
Rhydon (evolves into Rhyperior)             98    /
Tangela (evolves into Tangrowth)         80    /
Electabuzz (evolves into Electivire)         49    /
Magmar (evolves into Magmortar)             91    /

Eevee (evolves into Leafeon and Glaceon)    295    √ √

Gen 2:

Togetic (evolves into Togekiss)             34    /
Aipom (evolves into Ambipom)             79    /
Yanma (evolves into Yanmega)             33    /

Misdreavus (evolves into Mismagius)        107    √
Murkrow (evolves into Honchkrow)        283    √
Gligar (evolves into Gliscor)             28    /
Sneasel (evolves into Weavile)            122    √
Piloswine (evolves into Mamoswine)        205    √
Porygon2 (evolves into Porygon-Z)        116    √

Gen 3:

Kirlia (evolves into Gallade)             54    /
Roselia (evolves into Roserade)            180    √
Nosepass (evolves into Probopass)        148    √
Dusclops (evolves into Dusknoir)        133    √
Snorunt (evolves into Froslass)             40    /

Some of those are unfortunately rather rare.

Since this post I've come quite far with a few of them. 

Spoiler

Gen 1:

Lickitung (evolves into Lickilicky)         27

Gen 2:

Yanma (evolves into Yanmega)             48
Gligar (evolves into Gliscor)             37

Gen 3:

Kirlia (evolves into Gallade)             77

Removed all those I got enough candy for and it doesn't seem so bad now. Still some Pokémon are not available but once they are there, I'm ready for them. 

Now, Lickitung will be hard, and I still need some of the new babies, including Riolu. 

Oh, for fuck's sake, stop with the Kanto Pokémon already, Niantic! From February 26th 

Pokémon that Trainers encounter early on in their adventures through the Kanto region will appear more frequently in the wild!
Pokémon originally discovered in the Kanto region will be available to challenge in raids.
Pikachu and Eevee wearing flower crowns will make a special appearance as Field Research encounters and in the wild.
In celebration of Pokémon Day, you may even encounter Shiny Pidgey and Shiny Rattata!
Thank you for being part of our journey. Let’s celebrate Pokémon Day togeth

Seriously, we haven't had an honest chance to catch the new Gen 4 Pokémon yet!