NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Pokémon Go! (Android/iOS)

Ah, wait. They added a few more through eggs and raids. Riolu hatches from 10 km eggs (that must have been obtained after October 16th, obviously).

Caught most of the new Pokemon this morning, have some on Stage 2 evolution (and 1 complete).  Got a huge amount of 7k eggs to clear to get some 5 and 10km eggs to see if i get Riolu and the remaining newly released Pokemon.

Had a very rewarding Community Day today. Only needed 1 Beldum to evolve my Metan-thing but went for a long walk. Hatched 8 eggs, 5 of which were 10 km eggs and got both a Shinx and a Chimchar from those, other than some less interesting ones.

Caught about 60 Beldum, some Shinies but I don't care for that. In totalt, I got 240 Candy which I spent powering up my new Metagross which is now a 3102 CP beast. And I still have about 140 left so could evolve the shiny Beldum I've got left just for the sake of it.

Also got a Bagon so now I only need 7 Candies for Shelgon to get Salamence. Then I'll buddy up with Lotad to get those evolutions before moving on to Gen 4 buddies.

• Like 1

Just managed to get a Mewtwo in time on my fourth legendary raid. :D

Met lots of people who play this game hardcore. Like, people using two phones and saying that during Articuno day they did 30-40 raids :eek: and most of these people were middle aged women

Yeah, in the Raid group I'm using on Facebook, a lot of the active players are actually women. Funny how that goes - even though the average gamer is actually a middle-aged woman playing something on her phone.

I have a problem with one player and one gym. She has three accounts and takes that gym back within minutes every time someone else takes it - we're talking all times a day, and the gym is not even in a place where you can get it from any apartment. So I tried addressing the issue on the raid group on Facebook and was surprised that others had the same problem with her at other gyms. However, the post was deleted within an hour by an admin - only raid relevant posts are allowed. I really wish I could do something about it. :/

1 hour ago, MindFreak said:

Yeah, in the Raid group I'm using on Facebook, a lot of the active players are actually women. Funny how that goes - even though the average gamer is actually a middle-aged woman playing something on her phone.

I have a problem with one player and one gym. She has three accounts and takes that gym back within minutes every time someone else takes it - we're talking all times a day, and the gym is not even in a place where you can get it from any apartment. So I tried addressing the issue on the raid group on Facebook and was surprised that others had the same problem with her at other gyms. However, the post was deleted within an hour by an admin - only raid relevant posts are allowed. I really wish I could do something about it. :/

Only one solution is to report them to Niantic, probably find they are spoofing to the location.

On the last community day, went around with a number of people in the Newport group.  Was pretty good, kept doing loops around from the river to the castle via the Salvation Army building.

I don't think any category in their reporting service is appropriate but did it anyway - three times, one for each account. Hopefully that can give her a warning but I don't think it will do anything at all.

8 hours ago, Shorty said:

Met lots of people who play this game hardcore. Like, people using two phones and saying that during Articuno day they did 30-40 raids :eek: and most of these people were middle aged women

That's cute. Let me know when they get to the equivalent of using 3 3DS' to transfer Pokémon around games to be as efficient as possible as well as using a fourth to train up a team while doing so.

EDIT: Oh, and spend literal days resetting to get a legendary Pokémon with just the right stats and nature.

Edited by Glen-i

I'll quote myself from the Let's GO thread, because it applies here too.

6 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

I'll try to put this in as little of a spoilerific title as possible.

New Pokémon confirmed (Reveal hidden contents)

It's an evolution of Meltan.

character-1b.png

characterb_art.png

DqRocz7WsAEp2jl.jpg

It's called Melmetal.

This guy I like. It's like Buzzwole's Mechanical Cousin.

It can only evolve in Pokémon GO.

It has become clear that Meltan will only evolve into Melmetal in Pokémon GO. To evolve it, you will need 400 Meltan Candies.

Edited by Glen-i

Adventure Sync announced. In an update coming soon, it'll add compatibility with iOS HealthKit and Android Google Fit.

I'm not familiar with those apps, not sure if it means all you need is your phone to track steps, or if it'll still require some kind of external pedometer accessory.

• Like 1

I don't use those apps but might start to if that means that I can avoid having PoGo open and consume my battery.

On another note, 89 berries fed, 19 to go! Then I just have to catch 108 Pokémon but that's easier as PokéBalls are literally everywhere, unlike berries.

17 hours ago, Mandalore said:

Adventure Sync announced. In an update coming soon, it'll add compatibility with iOS HealthKit and Android Google Fit.

I'm not familiar with those apps, not sure if it means all you need is your phone to track steps, or if it'll still require some kind of external pedometer accessory.

From the announcement tweet

Exploring with Pokémon GO has never been easier with a new feature coming soon! Adventure Sync can record your walking distances even when Pokémon GO isn’t launched, working in the background to tally your distance, earn Candy, and hatch Eggs!

Plus, Adventure Sync will deliver a weekly summary, where you can see your Incubator and Candy progress as well as important activity statistics. Check in via your Trainer Profile to see the number of kilometers recorded for the week. Earn rewards each week for each milestone you cross, and receive push notifications when your Buddy Pokémon has found a Candy or when an Egg is about to hatch!

You can opt into Adventure Sync at any time, and the feature will connect to both Apple Health on Apple devices and Google Fit on Android devices.

From this the game will link to either Apple Health or Google Fit and read the data on steps and distance you travel. That will then be reported back into the game and you will earn candy/egg distance accordingly. No need for an external pedometer. 

I installed the Google Fit app last night, it seems to have been keeping a fairly accurate account of my steps. I guess most modern smart phones have the pedometer built in, mine's a fairly low budget model.

It's a shame to think the 3DS had the potential for this a long time ago. They really squandered the opportunities, pretty much all we got was a crappy 10 play coins a day limit for a miniscule amount of steps.

Done with the berries! Phew. 

Now for finding 8 stops I've never visited. Fairly easy as I live in a big city but will still have to go to some new places.

Had a request from some with the username wehaveamap, is this anyone from here? I don’t have many places I’ve shared my code. 

Got Spiritomb tonight so that's that Special Research. This was quite the chore, feeding 108 berries to Pokémon was a bit much and catching 108 Pokémon afterwards also dragged a bit on. But it was nice to have something to do in the game.

Also finally passed 100 Candy for my Shelgon. Funny story, I've been walking with that Pokémon for the past month or so, slowly earning Candg and feeding it Rare Candy, so today I only needed 200 meters to get the 100th Candy - then a 10 km egg hatched and a Bagon appeared...! So now I went from 99 to 117 Candy so at least I have a few Candy for powering it up now.

Now for getting the evolutions of Lotad and find more Shinx raids.

Attended a Raid for Giratina yesterday and got it on my second-to-last ball. Phew. It was at an Ex Raid Gym so I hope I get a pass for the next Ex Raid - however, they tend to be on work days around noon so I won't get my hopes up for being able to attend.

4 hours ago, MindFreak said:

Attended a Raid for Giratina yesterday and got it on my second-to-last ball. Phew. It was at an Ex Raid Gym so I hope I get a pass for the next Ex Raid - however, they tend to be on work days around noon so I won't get my hopes up for being able to attend.

I got a Ex Raid pass............for next Wednesday at 4pm.  If it was my RDO (Rota Day Off) i'd be able to go, but alas i cannot

The Adventure Sync update is out for players of level 35 and above (at present).  So, get those candies earned and eggs hatched.  Perfect for Meltan candies.

I think Adventure Sync is available to all now. Tried it out today and while it's nice to get some distance without having the app open, it's definitely not as accurate as it doesn't update the GPS as frequently as Pokémon Go itself. That means I missed about 400 meters of 1.2 km as it just measured the distance as the crow flies (is that the correct bird in English or is that just from Game of Thrones?).

So will probably keep PoGo open in my pocket instead.

23 minutes ago, MindFreak said:

I think Adventure Sync is available to all now. Tried it out today and while it's nice to get some distance without having the app open, it's definitely not as accurate as it doesn't update the GPS as frequently as Pokémon Go itself. That means I missed about 400 meters of 1.2 km as it just measured the distance as the crow flies (is that the correct bird in English or is that just from Game of Thrones?).

It's the correct phrase, but this is a Pokémon thread, so I'm gong to have to take away imaginary points for not saying "As the Murkrow flies"

Edited by Glen-i

45 minutes ago, MindFreak said:

I was under the assumption that it didn’t work like that. Unless it does if you don’t connect it to Apple Health or Google Fit. I had read that it reads that data and updates accordingly but doesn’t run using GPS in the background. 

Here’s a good roundup of info from The Silph Toad. https://thesilphroad.com/news/adventure-sync-breakdown-summary/

Edited by BowserBasher
Added info link.

1 hour ago, BowserBasher said:

I was under the assumption that it didn’t work like that. Unless it does if you don’t connect it to Apple Health or Google Fit. I had read that it reads that data and updates accordingly but doesn’t run using GPS in the background. 

Here’s a good roundup of info from The Silph Toad. https://thesilphroad.com/news/adventure-sync-breakdown-summary/

Ah, I had PoGo running in the background. However, I don't find Google Fit quite accurate when biking. May try it again at some point.

• Like 1

In celebration of the release of Pokémon Let's Go, Kanto Pokémon will appear more frequently for the next week or so. Again. Please stop with the Kanto Pokémon, Niantic. We already have them - or try with the regionals at least.

Also... can't seem to find "Catch 5 bug type Pokémon" so I haven't caught Nincada yet. It's getting a bit frustrating.

Thanks Niantic, it's not like we've seen plenty of the Kanto Pokemon already.  Would prefer seeing more of the regionals pop up in the wild (except Mr Mime).  Finding a Tauros in the 7k eggs was hard the last time they came over.